cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

1 edit

cork1958 to treich

Premium Member

to treich

Re: Vonage made me an offer (I can't refuse)

I would hardly consider Vonage high priced crap compared to a regular land line!

My regular Frontier phone used to cost me about $64 a month with absolutely NO long distance calls on it. Even on the World Plan, my Vonage bill was only $35 with taxes and everything! Dang near a 50% savings right there and a bill that isn't 16 pages long explaining absolutely nothing.

I'm now on the 750 minute plan which is costing me $25 and some change.

About to call Vonage and ask about this though.

Did anyone get charged for changing plans like they did me when going from the World Plan to the 750 minute plan? I'm assuming that's a regular thing?
cork1958

cork1958

Premium Member

Can you answer this also though?

Did anyone get charged for changing plans like they did me when going from the World Plan to the 750 minute plan? I'm assuming that's a regular thing?

Thanks
batwater
join:2004-09-01
Ballwin, MO

batwater

I was not charged though I was on a 12 month plan deal before this latest round with them. I never have been on the world plan, it is what they tried to bump me up to when my deal "expired."

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer to cork1958

Premium Member

to cork1958
said by cork1958:

Thanks

I think that the decision to not charge a fee for changing your plan is up to the mood/generosity of the CSR (and/or the phase of the moon).

Shortly after I officially retired I downgraded my business line to a residential $9.99 plan (their limited use "lite" plan, not the unlimited use $9.99 plan being discussed in this thread), and I was not charged the penalty fee. However, on previous occasions I have been charged that fee even when adding an additional voice or fax line (to an existing ATA, so no actual expense was incurred by Vonage to justify the plan change fee).

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958

Premium Member

said by batwater:

I was not charged though I was on a 12 month plan deal before this latest round with them. I never have been on the world plan, it is what they tried to bump me up to when my deal "expired."

Thanks,
Exactly what I was looking for. Now, just have to get off my lazy butt and call. I've thought of it a couple times since this thread started, and then get into something else.
said by NetFixer:

said by cork1958:

Thanks

I think that the decision to not charge a fee for changing your plan is up to the mood/generosity of the CSR (and/or the phase of the moon).

Shortly after I officially retired I downgraded my business line to a residential $9.99 plan (their limited use "lite" plan, not the unlimited use $9.99 plan being discussed in this thread), and I was not charged the penalty fee. However, on previous occasions I have been charged that fee even when adding an additional voice or fax line (to an existing ATA, so no actual expense was incurred by Vonage to justify the plan change fee).

I figured it would be about the way you stated in that first paragraph!