Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to kslavaina

Premium Member

to kslavaina

Re: [TV] Orlando, FL Cisco 8742HDC Screen Blackouts

said by kslavaina :

This issue has to do with the firmware version of the HDMI the set-top is using, maybe the TV need to get the latest version from manufacturer. Currently, most converters are now using version 1.4.

Thank you however we are aware of the issue and have solutions that work just fine
geminicfl
join:2012-01-16
Ocoee, FL

geminicfl

BHNtechXpert: I'm still having the HDMI issue on my 8742HDC's. I've DM'd my cell phone number, mac & ip addresses. Please call if you need to get ahold of me.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by geminicfl:

BHNtechXpert: I'm still having the HDMI issue on my 8742HDC's. I've DM'd my cell phone number, mac & ip addresses. Please call if you need to get ahold of me.

I have your info let me check on a couple of things and we can go ahead and get them swapped out.

HarleyGuyHD to tbelongia1

Anon

to tbelongia1
I don't have screen blackouts, but audio does drop out evry so often. BHN do you think it is related?

Thanks in advance.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to tbelongia1

Premium Member

to tbelongia1
Not Likely... if you think you are related to this and you have the equipment mentioned above open a direct forums ticket detailing everything and we can take a look. I caution people this is a very specific thing guys...unless you can match all of the above (look at the past threads) it's not likely to be related and we need to treat it as something else.
hsvaccaro
join:2003-07-23
Los Alamos, NM

1 edit

hsvaccaro to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
I'm having exactly the same issue since upgrading to the Cisco Box. Here is my BH cable info:
MAC Address: [mod edit -- removed for privacy -- fatness]
Manufacturer & Model: Cisco - Explorer 8742

We were too frustrated with BH internet, so we are currently running Verizon FIOS. Plus we have a BH modem dedicated to the iPad BHTV. I don't know what IP address you would be looking for. I can provide our address if that helps.

A BH contracted tech was here on Monday and said he saw no issues. Another was on his way here today. He says he is an experienced in-house BH tech, and he wants me to switch from HDMI to component cables. Why? I have said don't come.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

Premium Member

to tbelongia1
Please remove all the personal information from your post and repost it in our direct forums.
vito0910
join:2005-11-08
Orlando, FL

vito0910 to tbelongia1

to tbelongia1
Same Issue here. Screen Blackouts with the 8742HDC. Tech came out and asked me to switch over to component. Sadly this is not an option for me as I am using a Google TV as well, and it is HDMI only.

I just switched from the SA Explorer 8300 Yesterday to the Cisco, and definitely don't want to go back.

The tech was not able to get his hands on a Samsung for me, or any other Cisco model.

Is there a solution that does not involve switching out the Boxes?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by vito0910:

Same Issue here. Screen Blackouts with the 8742HDC. Tech came out and asked me to switch over to component. Sadly this is not an option for me as I am using a Google TV as well, and it is HDMI only.

I just switched from the SA Explorer 8300 Yesterday to the Cisco, and definitely don't want to go back.

The tech was not able to get his hands on a Samsung for me, or any other Cisco model.

Is there a solution that does not involve switching out the Boxes?

Open up a Direct Forums thread and I will get this taken care of immediately.
vito0910
join:2005-11-08
Orlando, FL

vito0910

Thanks! Direct Opened.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

Premium Member

to tbelongia1
Got it and we will see you tomorrow
BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to tbelongia1
This will soon be a memory of the past. Thank you to all who helped with this. I'll have an additional update for you in the next week or so.
BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to tbelongia1
We will be updating all ODN boxes (which includes the 8642/8742 models) tonight in Pinellas and Manatee counties. The update will take approx 20 minutes and will happen after midnight.

Hardy101
@bhn.net

Hardy101

Anon

Just Tech fixes....no enhancements?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Hardy101 :

Just Tech fixes....no enhancements?

Not on this round.
tbelongia1
join:2012-01-16
Winter Park, FL

tbelongia1

Any guess as to when Orlando will get this?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by tbelongia1:

Any guess as to when Orlando will get this?

You already have....last week
tim tim tim
join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL

tim tim tim

what about hillsborough
zeeke
join:2012-03-27
Spring Hill, FL

zeeke to tbelongia1

to tbelongia1
BHNtechXpert, I'm having this same prob in Hernando. Any word on whether the update is coming soon or if the quick fix you've given to others may still work?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

Premium Member

to tbelongia1
Soon... if I am correct you are next Let me double check on that right now...
BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to tbelongia1
The update for Hils and Tri County will be tonight after 1am. Please do not interrupt your boxes during the update. This only affects ODN boxes.
BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to tbelongia1
My apologies this was moved to the 10th. I'll update in the unlikely event this changes.

GT8UUP
@bhn.net

GT8UUP

Anon

I just upgraded to the whole house DVR package and the Cisco 8742HDC box that is hooked up in my theatre room has this same issue of blackout about every 5-7 minutes. A tech was here about 10 days ago to fix an issue with the RR lightning speed and the 4742HDC box not 2-way communicating but stated that he was aware of the issue with the 8742HDC but wasn't aware of a fix yet. Its very frustrating and would like to get this resolved... Please advise.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

Premium Member

to tbelongia1
Where are you located?

GT8UUP
@bhn.net

GT8UUP

Anon

Sorry, I am located in Auburndale 33823
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by GT8UUP :

Sorry, I am located in Auburndale 33823

Okay... you have not received the firmware update to your box yet. This is planned for later in the month. The date is somewhat fluid at the moment but once its final I'll post back. In every region where the firmware has been updated the problem is resolved so only a few more days now

GT8UUP
@bhn.net

GT8UUP

Anon

ok, thanks for the update! I will keep an eye out on this post for further updates...
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

Premium Member

to tbelongia1
I do apologize for the delay...won't be much longer....for what its worth...it works well so once that update pushes your direction this will be gone.
BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to tbelongia1
This issue is officially resolved for all regions. Please do not use this thread for any future similar issues...create a new one so I can properly track it. Thanks to all who assisted and were so patient in the resolution.