jfmezei
Premium Member
join:2007-01-03
Pointe-Claire, QC

jfmezei to Vomio

Premium Member

to Vomio

Re: Openmedia's effectiveness

I had offered to Steve to post stuff on his behalf should he so desire.

Here is what he wrote as a message targetted to DSLR users:
quote:
If anyone received an email without taking part in one of our
tools/petitions/events etc... it was not deliberate. Reports of peoplegetting unsolicited emails from us or having trouble unsubscribed is comesas a surprise. We do more than most groups to ensure people can unsubscribe, but I'm going to take further actions to ensure as best I can that nobody gets unsolicited emails from OpenMedia.ca.

- We're going to devise a plan for

A) making 100% no one is on our list who hasn't opted in at some point - I've asked our tech people to develop script or query that automatically deletes any email address that have or do land in our advocacy system that haven't come through our opt-in petitions etc... I'm asking that this script/query be run regularly to make sure no unsolicited email addresses get into our system from hackers, big telecom infiltrators or by human error etc... I don't expect there to be any, but we'll do this as a proactive measure

B) making unsubscribing
easier and better ensuring it works when people click on it (tracking it somehow to make sure).

C) Putting a more clear policy for this in our privacy policy (could include us doing regular scripts/queries to ensure only opted-in email addresses are in our system.)

D) Considering including a note or link to a note about options for mailing lists etc.. in one of our emails. I've also asked CIPPIC to do a spam regulation compliance audit
- although it might not make sense until the new act comes down.

If DSLR weren't so hostile to him, he might have posted it himself. But this shows that OpenMedia is responsive to concerns but it is a shame that there is such a hostile environment against them here.

Duck Walk
@videotron.ca

Duck Walk

Anon

said by jfmezei:

1. I had offered to Steve to post stuff on his behalf should he so desire.

2. Here is what he wrote as a message targetted to DSLR users:

3. Apparantly said by Steve Anderson, parroted by JF because Open Media is to scared to come to the forum

quote:
tools/petitions/events etc... it was not deliberate. Reports of people getting unsolicited emails from us or having trouble unsubscribed is comes as a surprise.
4. If DSLR weren't so hostile to him, he might have posted it himself. But this shows that OpenMedia is responsive to concerns but it is a shame that there is such a hostile environment against them here.

1. So now your the AstroTurf groups parrot because he's ascared to come here? Wow what a man!

Doesn't it make you ask questions JF when a grown man is too scared to give his own reply instead of sending a parrot and pretending how very hostile DSLr is because someone just might say words? (and who knows, someone may know a bit more and may ask him more than is stated in this topic....)

Why would a grown man be ascared?

2. Well since you are targeting DSLr on his behalf w/o commenting on why he targeted 10,000 people who never had anything to do with him and his AstroTurf group, maybe you should ask him to reply to the questions put before him in this topic instead of just parroting his ignorance to it all?

3. Again, more lies from the lips of Steve Anderson. And you parrot his lies.

How was taking a list of 10,000 people, then spamming them with lies not deliberate, JF?

How could this all of a sudden be a surprise when I said it to his virtual face, in this very forum, over a year ago? And let us not forget he got someone else to parrot his reply back then as well.

If anything, JF, you just showed everyone how full of sh*t he is, and I thank you for showing this to us.

4. Hostile? Ah yes, hostile.
-Asking why he spammed 10,000 people with a snail mail of lies is hostile.
-Asking why he even used people who never had anything to do with is hostile.
-Steve Anderson running away from the question is hostile of DSLr
-His hostility towards sbrook when sbrook inquired why Email headers were forged is due to sbrooks hostility.
-Asking this AstroTurf group anything is either "not smart dialog" to you or now it's deemed "hostile".
-Him telling the press that the first 10,000 people was the hardest to get (yet he was given those 10,000 people), then you quoting him here saying it was unintentional is very hostile of me to bring up.

You having to be Steve Andersons parrot speaks volumes once again.

However, I especially like how you pointed out his lies by parroting his quote (#3). This is absolutely funny. Does any truth come out of this guys face?

JoJoBlue
join:2009-12-08
Scarborough, ON

JoJoBlue to jfmezei

to jfmezei
said by jfmezei:

I had offered to Steve to post stuff on his behalf should he so desire.

Here is what he wrote as a message targetted to DSLR users:

quote:
tools/petitions/events etc... it was not deliberate. Reports of peoplegetting unsolicited emails from us or having trouble unsubscribed is comesas a surprise. We do more than most groups to ensure people can unsubscribe, but I'm going to take further actions to ensure as best I can that nobody gets unsolicited emails from OpenMedia.ca.

- We're going to devise a plan for

A) making 100% no one is on our list who hasn't opted in at some point - I've asked our tech people to develop script or query that automatically deletes any email address that have or do land in our advocacy system that haven't come through our opt-in petitions etc... I'm asking that this script/query be run regularly to make sure no unsolicited email addresses get into our system from hackers, big telecom infiltrators or by human error etc... I don't expect there to be any, but we'll do this as a proactive measure

B) making unsubscribing
easier and better ensuring it works when people click on it (tracking it somehow to make sure).

C) Putting a more clear policy for this in our privacy policy (could include us doing regular scripts/queries to ensure only opted-in email addresses are in our system.)

D) Considering including a note or link to a note about options for mailing lists etc.. in one of our emails. I've also asked CIPPIC to do a spam regulation compliance audit
- although it might not make sense until the new act comes down.

If DSLR weren't so hostile to him, he might have posted it himself. But this shows that OpenMedia is responsive to concerns but it is a shame that there is such a hostile environment against them here.

I hate to say this... But unless the administrators of DSLR themselves have condemned OpenMedia, otherwise I find it very worrying if the advocacy group that is supposed to represent hundreds of thousands (or more) Canadians in fighting against large corporations and government bodies is afraid to come on DSLR because some of our members are apparently too hostile.
jfmezei
Premium Member
join:2007-01-03
Pointe-Claire, QC

jfmezei

Premium Member

People are not interested in participating here if all they get are schills who exagerate all sorts of accusations and nothing constructive.

not everyone has skin thick enough to widthstand DSLR when DSLR turns against you.
grunze510
join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC

grunze510

said by jfmezei:

People are not interested in participating here if all they get are schills who exagerate all sorts of accusations and nothing constructive.

not everyone has skin thick enough to widthstand DSLR when DSLR turns against you.

Maybe they need a George Burger (advisor for a certain Chatham-based... aw screw it. He's an advisor for TekSavvy.). That guy was pretty freaking calm and on the ball in his two debates with a CBC News host who does pretty much nothing aside from childish name calling (and some other stock related things) (Kevin O'Leary).

Duck Waddle
@videotron.ca

Duck Waddle to jfmezei

Anon

to jfmezei
said by jfmezei:

So now you are saying Steve Anderson never got the list of people who never had anything to do with him?

Are you now saying no one ever approached him with this and he never ran away from it?

It's all an "exaggeration" now?

Hmm, Let's see how you has played so far (since you are speaking for him and being his parrot):

1st it was, "not smart dialog". Then it was, "not Steve Andersons fault". Then it was "the fault of the people" who signed a petition having nothing to do with Steve Anderson or the AstroTruf group. Then it was all "mlerners fault". Then it was "DSLr is a hostile environment". Then it was, "I'm anon", Now "I'm a shill" all of a sudden, but for who? You don't say. Now "DSLr turned against him". And Now it's all an exaggeration... It never happened.

k. Whatever you say.

BTW, are those your words? Or are you parroting him and the AstroTurf group again?

Have more excuses for this AstroTurf group?

You sure are pointing a lot of fingers at everyone except for the person and group who did it.

A thought
@videotron.ca

A thought to grunze510

Anon

to grunze510
said by grunze510:

Maybe they need a George Burger

Maybe they need to come out honest? Apologize? Admit what they did?

But, it never happened. The snail mail spam of lies many of us on DSLr got never happened now.

Denial is a pretty bad thing when many of the people here got it.

I think JF made them look bad again.

Topiatic
join:2011-02-20
Oakville, ON

Topiatic to grunze510

to grunze510
said by grunze510:

CBC News host who does pretty much nothing aside from childish name calling (and some other stock related things) (Kevin O'Leary).

Aha! Our anon videotron is revealed

bbbc
join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica

bbbc to jfmezei

to jfmezei
said by jfmezei :

I believe the hostility stems from Steve's complete absence on the site. DSLRers see something from him in their inbox, but don't see his presence where UBB (or whatever sh*tty billing practice) would have the biggest impact, the forum for bandwidth hogs (being playful folks).

I don't get the fact that if Steve can battle the duopolies, why this crowd is any different to address. I've spoken to Steve on the phone and I told him he needs to address the DSLR community, not just the duopoly customers who don't have a clue what the hell is going on with Canadian broadband and have zero desire to unbundle their services.
hyperi0n
join:2002-11-15
Kitchener, ON

hyperi0n

I am happy to have OpenMedia around. The flipside could be a lot worse. I don't mind their emails. I just hope that they continue to improve and adapt.

IF the more ..tech savvy users of this forum want to start their own openmedia-like campaign because they don't feel represented, why not do so?? I'd support that too, and we'd have two non-profits fighting for our rights.

Disagree
@videotron.ca

Disagree to bbbc

Anon

to bbbc
said by bbbc:

I believe the hostility stems from Steve's complete absence on the site.

I disagree with that.

The only hostility came from Steve Anderson himself when he declared 10,000+ people don't matter and those same people could be his piggy bank.

Let's be honest and open here. His face isn't here solely because he does not want to confront what he did. Nor does he want to admit what he did in public.

He already stated a year ago that this was "not the place to discuss it", then ran away. While yesterday he said it was news to him and he is surprised (as parroted by JF). heh

Don't fall for the "Dslr turned against him" or "Dslr is too hostile towards him". That is an excuse and another fabrication. Open your eyes.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to jfmezei

Premium Member

to jfmezei
said by jfmezei:

He's absolutely right, spend a few days in the Canpol forum you'll see, you better have VERY VERY thick skin in there.

milnoc
join:2001-03-05
Ottawa

milnoc

said by elwoodblues:

He's absolutely right, spend a few days in the Canpol forum you'll see, you better have VERY VERY thick skin in there.

Fun place to be!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by milnoc:

said by elwoodblues:

Fun place to be!

Only when I get to beat up on DJ and prove Savant wrong....

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

Although I spend more time reading than posting there, you have to admit that stuff can really get talked out there, and controversial threads have a way longer lifespan than they would have here or in CanChat.