uniqs
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to goober22

to goober22

Re: [DIRECTV] My letter to DirecTV

said by goober22:

well, not for the past 2 years but you got a small one this month, like my mom on SS.

Can you believe they say the cost-of-living has not gone up?! Then again, the gov't doesn't include energy or food prices in the calculations - you know - the things you need to LIVE on?!!!!!!

because energy and food prices can fluctuate wildly. You should know this.

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
join:2001-12-28
Panama City, FL

goober22

said by 88615298:

said by goober22:

well, not for the past 2 years but you got a small one this month, like my mom on SS.

Can you believe they say the cost-of-living has not gone up?! Then again, the gov't doesn't include energy or food prices in the calculations - you know - the things you need to LIVE on?!!!!!!

because energy and food prices can fluctuate wildly. You should know this.

Yes I DO know this. The gov't needs to know this too! If these things that "cost to live" go up, then the cost to live goes up - therefore the COL needs to reflect that.

It is idiotic that these are excluded. If they go up, COL goes up - if they go down, COL goes down. Simple, except for the gov't.

BTW, I would not say they are fluctuating wildly.. they have steadily climbed rapidly for the past 3-4 years.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by goober22:

Yes I DO know this. The gov't needs to know this too! If these things that "cost to live" go up, then the cost to live goes up - therefore the COL needs to reflect that.

It is idiotic that these are excluded. If they go up, COL goes up - if they go down, COL goes down. Simple, except for the gov't.

No not simple because if the COL went down and the government then tried to lowwer the amount of things like SS checks and minimum wage which are based on COL then there would be outrage.

People bitch "I didn't get a raise and COL went up". If they got a COL raise but then also got a decrease when COL went down they'd scream bloody murder. People expect the COL increase but they don't want the other side of that coin.

Nuckfuts
Premium Member
join:2003-10-18
Joliet, IL

Nuckfuts

Premium Member

Because in reality we never make enough lol!!! I myself complain about this because it does go up all the time year after year and companies rarely give a crap. What i make today went ALOT farther 10-15 years ago.