uniqs
share rss forum feed

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:2

[request] Isn't it Time For A Chrome Forum?

Chrome has really grown over the past few years. I believe that I read that it has overtaken Firefox in browser usage. Yet there is Mozilla Forum. Isn't it time for a Chrome Forum?
--
"Is there a 50's Cafe around here"?

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

Re: Isn't it Time For A Chrome Forum?

I'd much rather see an Opera forum here. It is a far superior browser to Chrome...in fact all browsers (except Safari for Windows) are better than Chrome. Only ignorant of computers folks use Chrome. It is terribly stripped down (you can't even choose link colors for heavens sake)! Plus, it is HIGHLY INVASIVE of user privacy. Smart users use Iron instead of Chrome so, if any forum, it should be an Iron forum since most people here are NOT ignorant of computers.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
Rio Rancho, NM
Reviews:
·CableOne
I don't have a link, for I forget where I read it, but Chrome was rated the safest browser of them all.

I use Chrome on all 3 of my machines, and sorry, but I don't think that I'm "ignorant of computers."

Also, an Opera forum would produce no threads, for so few use it. As I said, more people use Chrome than Fx.
--

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:16
reply to Mele20
Expand your moderator at work

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
Rio Rancho, NM
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to Mele20

Re: Isn't it Time For A Chrome Forum?

said by Mele20:

I'd much rather see an Opera forum here. It is a far superior browser to Chrome...in fact all browsers (except Safari for Windows) are better than Chrome. Only ignorant of computers folks use Chrome. It is terribly stripped down (you can't even choose link colors for heavens sake)! Plus, it is HIGHLY INVASIVE of user privacy. Smart users use Iron instead of Chrome so, if any forum, it should be an Iron forum since most people here are NOT ignorant of computers.

Yea, an Opera Forum would really be useful here. Especially since the chart that DrDrew was kind enough to post shows that Opera usage is just a little greater than 2%. Iron doesn't even make the chart. And Chrome users are "ignorant of computers"? I disagree with you. Some users here ARE ignorant of computers.....Lol.
--

ProtusMose
Immortal. Eternal.
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Bellevue, NE
kudos:4
reply to lordpuffer
*sign*

A Google forum would make better sense, though. Consolidate Chrome, FF, Gmail, +, voice, x into one place.

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

1 recommendation

reply to Mele20
said by Mele20:

Only ignorant of computers folks use Chrome.

Coming from you, I'm not insulted at all

Effectively, no one uses Safari, at least not enough to justify a forum. As for Chrome being stripped down, you probably tried it at version 0.0.1 and made your lifelong decision about it.

Finally, does this mean that you're smarter than me since I've never even heard of Iron ?

mod_wastrel
iamwhatiam

join:2008-03-28
kudos:1
reply to lordpuffer
The real question is whether or not there are enough BBR members/visitors who are Chrome users who also want to discuss Chrome here as opposed to the many forums/groups provided by Google itself (and others)--because the forum software here is so much better, I presume. I don't personally care (since I don't use Chrome [anymore--it sucks, because Google sucks**]), so I neither approve (sign) nor disapprove (object)--no skin off my nose either way.

As to why there's a Mozilla forum... that's rather obvious (...think back).

(**Yes, I'll continue to use Gmail, even if/though mostly by way of Thunderbird.)
--
"Sorry for not responding to your post, but either I haven't seen it yet, or what you said was so devoid of substance that I found it utterly uninteresting."

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:16
reply to Mele20
said by Mele20:

...in fact all browsers (except Safari for Windows) are better than Chrome. Only ignorant of computers folks use Chrome.

Not according to German government cyber security agency:
»www.computerworld.com/s/article/···_browser
--
If it's important, back it up... twice. Even 99.999% availability isn't enough sometimes.