Search similar:

uniqs

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

[DSL] Official 5Megs to 6Megs upgrade thread.

Hey folks.

Since the unofficial thread seems to be growing some attention, here's the word on what's going to happen for the Profile upgrades from 5Megs to 6Megs. This is not a price update thread, keep your questions or comment relevant please.

Officially the upgrades of profiles to 6Meg (don't forget it's "UP TO") aren't supposed to happen till Feb 2nd. Now some lines have an option to be optimized and we've been attempting to optimize the ones we see, which seem to be working properly.
If your line has the potential of getting it done, then we'll try to do so for you. But, if you line needs to be manually configured, we will be asking to wait till February 2nd.

Now here's the catch, please understand that this is not something you can check on your own. This needs to be verified by us. Seeing how everyone will want to know if they can get it, we ask you to also be patient with this.

There is no point in trying to call, email, & post on DSLR all at the same time to get your upgrade. Only 1 request will be necessary.

Thanks for your patience.

Martin
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

1 edit

InvalidError

said by JenSuisUn:

Officially the upgrades of profiles to 6Meg (don't forget it's "UP TO") aren't supposed to happen till Feb 2nd.

The proposed effective date for Bell's TN7328 (speed matching on legacy GAS) filed in October 2012 and approved on final basis on November 17th had a proposed effective date of November 12th, it had nothing to do with the CRTC's CBB decision and its tentative effective date of February 1st.

So the legacy speed bump has been very much official and effective as far as Bell and the CRTC are concerned for exactly two months as of today.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to JenSuisUn

MVM

to JenSuisUn
Right, but TekSavvy appears to be moving all customers from 5-meg legacy GAS to 6-meg FTTN-GAS.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

said by Guspaz:

Right, but TekSavvy appears to be moving all customers from 5-meg legacy GAS to 6-meg FTTN-GAS.

That would be incorrect! 6megs will remain Legacy not FTTN.

The Flash
Premium Member
join:2002-10-17
Toronto, ON

The Flash

Premium Member

said by JenSuisUn:

said by Guspaz:

Unfortunately...6 meg is really the 5 meg we should have been getting ages ago!

Sears
join:2008-02-17

Sears to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
Thanks for your help and clarification Martin.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to JenSuisUn

Premium Member

to JenSuisUn
+1, Thank you Martin for all of your efforts, its greatly appreciated.
Shredda
join:2008-10-28
London, ON

Shredda to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
said by JenSuisUn:

said by Guspaz:

That would make sense, seeing as Bell has been dragging there asses upgrading London to FTTN.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to JenSuisUn

Premium Member

to JenSuisUn
Ask Bell if they will be setting 7meg sync rates like they do for their own customers, so they get true 6meg speeds, not the bastardized sync only like wholesale has been getting for years.

Bell always finds a way to screw wholesale one way or the other.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

I think you answered your own question on that one HiVolt

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by JenSuisUn:

Yeah, i figured that... What I'm wondering is why nobody questioned it when the tariffs were submitted...

This sort of ripoff has been going on for years... Still happening for the new FTTN tiers except 25/7 which is proper speed.
anxdiety
join:2009-10-19
Eganville, ON

anxdiety

I agree with HiVolt. Why has this never been brought up? It never gets any attention. Is there not something that could be filed or a complaint made somewhere? Basically they're subverting the CRTC's decision with this kind of BS.

alienzzz
join:2011-02-17

alienzzz to HiVolt

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

said by JenSuisUn:

Yeah, i figured that... What I'm wondering is why nobody questioned it when the tariffs were submitted...

This sort of ripoff has been going on for years... Still happening for the new FTTN tiers except 25/7 which is proper speed.

Well my 10 mbit sync was set as 12 mbit so that's not necessarily true.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Mistakes do happen, but most are being set for sync rate, not for the rate corrected for overhead.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

said by HiVolt:

most are being set for sync rate, not for the rate corrected for overhead.

That would be correct!

Just Called
@teksavvy.com

Just Called to JenSuisUn

Anon

to JenSuisUn
So I just called in to ask if my line could be optimized now. CSR told me Bell is doing it, and just to wait. Can't check my line now?

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

You should of spoken to Tech not Customer service.

Register & post in the »/forum ··· avdirect Forum.
bbiab
join:2004-05-26

bbiab to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
said by JenSuisUn:

said by HiVolt:

most are being set for sync rate, not for the rate corrected for overhead.

That would be correct!

And why does Teksavvy accept this again? I thought speed matching has been defined now, or at least as of February 2.
piotrick
join:2003-01-27
Scarborough, ON

piotrick to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
All I can say is wow. I posted in the direct forum simply inquiring if my line could handle the upgrade, and less than an hour later, I'm now synching at 6mbit!

Thank you TSI Martin & TSI Tracy!

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by piotrick:

All I can say is wow. I posted in the direct forum simply inquiring if my line could handle the upgrade, and less than an hour later, I'm now synching at 6mbit!

That's pretty good. I guess TSI has a better line to Bell than they do to Rogers.

frankhomeand
Cisco Geek
join:2004-12-05
Oakland, CA

frankhomeand to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
Finally good to see that they are finally getting the upgrade.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to piotrick

Premium Member

to piotrick
said by piotrick:

Lucky....I have to wait ...not sure why I have to wait, but oh well, I wait.

andyb
Premium Member
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario

andyb

Premium Member

said by nitzguy:

Lucky....I have to wait ...not sure why I have to wait, but oh well, I wait.

Same here
BrianV
join:2008-11-17
Long Sault, ON

BrianV to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
Awesome to hear that this is getting done. Just wish my line supported it! Best I get is 3008/800 interleaved
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7 to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
I suspect this is done by TSI with the nice webcare button ... and not really by Bell.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by kovy7:

I suspect this is done by TSI with the nice webcare button ... and not really by Bell.

Bell has given wholesalers the ability to change profiles now?
frank2029
join:2004-01-31
Etobicoke, ON

frank2029 to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn

Re: [DSL] problems with new speed profile

Hey guys when I called in today to get my upgrade they literally called me back within 15 minutes of opening the ticket and told me it was complete... However the guy told me he put me on 7mbit instead (7600 sync) and now I can't browse the net. Can't get a default gateway. Nothing was touched on my end before and after the upgrade and I went over 1hr with another tech to try and fix the issue.... Can anyone tell me what they think happened? My line can handle 25800 down.
OpenWave
join:2008-06-12

OpenWave to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn

Re: [DSL] Official 5Megs to 6Megs upgrade thread.

I was normally getting 4200 for a long time then a week ago i was getting 3200 and under most of the time. I submitted a ticket about the issue now my speedtest is:

I can't tell if my situation was resolved or I am on the new 6M profile. 5082/6000 is pretty sucky.
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7 to HiVolt

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

said by kovy7:

Bell has given wholesalers the ability to change profiles now?

Just for SLAM with the feature to raise profile to max if possible. They can't do anything else... it's the same tool for first line Bell Internet agent.

heyyahblah
join:2009-02-01
Mississauga, ON

heyyahblah to OpenWave

to OpenWave
you are on a 6 meg profile. 6 meg / 800 kb profile is

5.2/0.69 on speed test results so in realiaty everyone should have had this profile from start when teksavvy was selling 5 meg.

If stupid BELL wants to give people LEGACY GAS 6 MEG they should put people on 7 MEG profiles like all the UNLIMITED BELL MAX 6 users out there on a grandfathered plan.

My friends is on a BELL GRANDFATHERED PLAN and his profile is set to 7040/800 which his profile is like 6 years old if not more, from 2005 I believe, and he only gets 6.1/.69 downloads ....

and its considered 'LEGACY GAS' by BELL not FTTN .... it was when they had those OLD INTERNET PLANS

BELL MAX 2 MAX 6 MAX 10 (PLANS in ONTARIO) that were UNLIMITED INTERNET.