All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

eots
join:2003-02-04

eots to sgfan

to sgfan

Re: [DSL] Official 5Megs to 6Megs upgrade thread.

Funny it didn't work for me with any browser when my profile was on Interleave, as soon as it was changed back to Fastpath it worked.
mj05
join:2008-04-02
Burlington, ON

mj05 to Jethro86

to Jethro86
Thanks, will do just that. Just found out that my Speadstream 4200 was defective.
said by Jethro86:

Just post a quick note in the direct support forums with your account name and number. I did mine last Friday afternoon and was updated by Friday night.... though they say it could take from 24-48 hours.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn to sgfan

Premium Member

to sgfan
I can confirm with you that you are not on a Interleave signal.
I can also say you are on 6megs.

Martin
sgfan
join:2008-04-11
Gloucester, ON

sgfan

Hey thanks Martin!

I was still on 5 megs and figured I'd give it a bit of time before asking on the direct forums for the upgrade, but thanks for taking the initiative. Strangely, DMT still reports "ADSL 2 interleaved path (4)"; I guess the SpeedTouch 516 is giving it false data? I guess the low ping times are evidence enough that I'm definitely not on interleave.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

If you have a ST516, log into it via 192.168.1.254 & go to the DSL page. see what the details say there.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to sgfan

Premium Member

to sgfan
said by sgfan:

Hey thanks Martin!

I was still on 5 megs and figured I'd give it a bit of time before asking on the direct forums for the upgrade, but thanks for taking the initiative. Strangely, DMT still reports "ADSL 2 interleaved path (4)"; I guess the SpeedTouch 516 is giving it false data? I guess the low ping times are evidence enough that I'm definitely not on interleave.

The IKNS remotes sometimes falsely report the interleave setting to the modem. I believe there was some sort of firmware update to them at some point, because at work it is showing correctly as fast path (where it used to say interleaved). But maybe they haven't applied it to the remote where you live.

But if Martin confirmed the profile is fast path, and your pings show it, then you're fine. Just buggy equipment for which we have to pay an arm and a leg to get hooked up to.
sgfan
Gloucester, ON

1 edit

sgfan to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
Click for full size
DMT screenshot
Information copied from the DSL Connection page:

Uptime: 0 days, 6:05:15
Modulation: G.992.3 Annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 797 / 6.015
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [KB/KB]: 0,00 / 0,00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12,0 / 10,0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 5,5 / 10,0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 11,5 / 29,5
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / BDCM
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 2 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 2 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0

Edit: Thought I'd throw in the DMT screenshot too, for comparison.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

Line Status: In Service UpTime:
Line Profile Name: al1_d6016-384_u800-256
Last State Change: 02/09 08:55:04
DLM State: DISABLED Equipment Type: 7330_REM
Operational Status Speed (Kbs) Relative Capacity Occupation (%) Noise Margin (0..31 dB) Signal Power (0..20 dBm) Attenuation (0..60 dB) Block count
UpStream
797.0 81.0 11.2 12.1 5.3 3054927869.0
DownStream
6015.0 48.0 29.1 10.0 10.0 596695630.0
sgfan
Gloucester, ON

sgfan

I don't know what the al1 profile means but I can assume it means fast path? So, then it's probably a glitch with the remote reporting the wrong setting to the modem then, as HiVolt mentioned earlier.
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7 to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
I would vote more it's a glitch with DMT.

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009 to Tolarian

to Tolarian
said by Tolarian:

Got the new modem in the mail today, Zoom 5760(»www.newegg.ca/Product/Pr ··· 0adsl%27) . I am really pleased with the stats!

I have the same modem. Great choice!

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to sgfan

Premium Member

to sgfan
said by sgfan:

I don't know what the al1 profile means but I can assume it means fast path? So, then it's probably a glitch with the remote reporting the wrong setting to the modem then, as HiVolt mentioned earlier.

Actually, I assumed you were on IKNS remote, but you are on broadcom, which has no upstream snr or interleave bug as far as I know.
HiVolt

HiVolt

Premium Member

Martin, do you know why he syncs at 6015/797? Is this specific to thus type remote maybe? Profile clearly shows 6016/800 as you pasted it.
HiVolt

HiVolt

Premium Member

Actually, I just noticed, he's on the newer VDSL2 Alcatel remote...

"Equipment Type: 7330_REM"

And the profile is ADSL2, not ADSL1, and not ADSL2+. Perhaps some limitation with these remotes not supporting legacy ADSL1, and Bell is setting ADSL2 profiles?

Maxville Res
@teksavvy.com

Maxville Res to JenSuisUn

Anon

to JenSuisUn
I just emailed them. Didn't even take 30 minutes and I was upgraded. Thank you TSI Tracy
kovy7

kovy7 to HiVolt

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

Actually, I just noticed, he's on the newer VDSL2 Alcatel remote...

"Equipment Type: 7330_REM"

And the profile is ADSL2, not ADSL1, and not ADSL2+. Perhaps some limitation with these remotes not supporting legacy ADSL1, and Bell is setting ADSL2 profiles?

Nah, I believe it's a simple configuration thing on the slam.

Talon88
The One
join:2003-08-13
Toronto

Talon88 to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
»/r0/do ··· 3853.JPG

»/r0 ··· 0553.JPG

:::

I am now One of the Victim being Downgrade when
Requesting update to 6M....LOL...
TekSavvy Support is still working on my issue with Bell.

Bad Bell even put me on 3M & 512K Interleave....
My Line Stat. of upstream became poor all of sudden
right after the request.

See the Prove.... Fu?K Bell..!!

Any Suggestion...?

:::
sgfan
Gloucester, ON

sgfan to HiVolt

to HiVolt
Checking my earlier DMT screenshots, when I was on the earlier 5mbit profile, I still had the weird 797k upstream. Profile was also ADSL 2. It's a profile Bell chose when they put the connection on a remote. One of the TSI reps on the direct forum said that this was normal.
kovy7

kovy7

said by sgfan:

Checking my earlier DMT screenshots, when I was on the earlier 5mbit profile, I still had the weird 797k upstream. Profile was also ADSL 2. It's a profile Bell chose when they put the connection on a remote. One of the TSI reps on the direct forum said that this was normal.

Bell doesn't chose much... it's a config on the SLAM. Pretty sure if you had a ADSL modem only, it would say ADSL... it's like backward compatible.

Baphomet
@teksavvy.com

Baphomet to JenSuisUn

Anon

to JenSuisUn
Click for full size

I was wondering if all areas were supposed to be upgraded by now?
I'm still on the old speeds:

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by Baphomet :

I was wondering if all areas were supposed to be upgraded by now?
I'm still on the old speeds:

Call TSI or post in the direct forum. You'll have to register on the forum first.

You have great stats on a trusty old Alcatel dslam, so there's no issue in getting 6016/800 fast path, so you wont get screwed with these bullshit 512k upstream profiles people on IKNS remotes get stuck with.
Helochut
join:2007-10-14
Mississauga, ON

1 edit

Helochut

Click for full size
After February 2, 2012
Click for full size
Before February 2, 2012
I just posted in Direct with a similar issue. I was moved from what was an amazing Globespan remote with perfect stats 7000/1024 capacity on a 5/800 profile and moved to a shitty IKNS.

Now TSI JoelM would like me to accept the charges for Bell's fuck up on moving me to different remote. Why they did it is beyond me... logically but I would assume its more of the same Bell shenanigans
kovy7

kovy7

lol, seems they moved you from co to remote... and now you want to go back to co... its one of those rare time I hear this.
Helochut
join:2007-10-14
Mississauga, ON

Helochut

So that's what happened! Thanks for figuring that out kovy.

Well I would like to be moved to hardware which doesn't restrict my profile to 5000/768 or 6000/512.

Personally what I have now is worse than what I was with before. So it does make sense. Clearly what Bell did made my condition worse.

I'll wait for Joel to respond before making further requests and accepting a bogus diagnostic charge.