uniqs
keepasa
join:2007-10-02
Pierrefonds, QC

keepasa to frank2029

to frank2029

Re: [DSL] problems with new speed profile

said by frank2029:

Hey guys when I called in today to get my upgrade they literally called me back within 15 minutes of opening the ticket and told me it was complete... However the guy told me he put me on 7mbit instead (7600 sync) and now I can't browse the net. Can't get a default gateway. Nothing was touched on my end before and after the upgrade and I went over 1hr with another tech to try and fix the issue.... Can anyone tell me what they think happened? My line can handle 25800 down.

Hi Frack. I replied to you on another thread. I'll post here also in case. A similar situation happened to me yesterday too when I got bumped from 5M to 6.5M and when I tried to go to the web, nothing worked. I checked the stats and it was connected on ADSL2+ instead of ADSL1. The problem was a large amount of HEC errors I was seeing. I tried disabling ADSL2+ on my tp-link modem and it re-synced to ADSL1 at same speed but at least now I can browse and no more HEC errors. Check your stats to see if you are on ADSL2+. Also my stats told me that my line can handle 24500 down. I think they are mistakenly setting some people on ADSL2+? It's very strange indeed.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to heyyahblah

Premium Member

to heyyahblah

Re: [DSL] Official 5Megs to 6Megs upgrade thread.

said by heyyahblah:

My friends is on a BELL GRANDFATHERED PLAN and his profile is set to 7040/800 which his profile is like 6 years old if not more, from 2005 I believe, and he only gets 6.1/.69 downloads ....

and its considered 'LEGACY GAS' by BELL not FTTN .... it was when they had those OLD INTERNET PLANS

Funny isn't it, how folks are clamouring for an being ecstatic over getting thrown a measly bone. And not just any bone. Just a bit of a bone that's already been gnawed on by the bigger dog for years and years.

Sad and pathetic, what it has come to.

I can just see Bibic snickering over his Eggs Florentine this morning, while the GAS world scrambles for the remnants of his pre-eaten Egg McMuffins.

Mike
Jinzo
join:2011-06-14
Burlington, ON

Jinzo

I was annoyed when I run Speed Tests with my Conenction. I get about 4.5 M/bits. I just tested my Neighbours connection. He was pulling 6.2 M/bits.

Pretty bad when two exact customers pull different speeds. I suspect my issue was that BELL pulled me off the remote. They should be required to notify customers when they do these kind of things.

MrClean132
Sassy 'Medic
Premium Member
join:2000-08-28
Toronto, On

MrClean132 to JenSuisUn

Premium Member

to JenSuisUn
I have to wait as well.

I was told that I have 6dB on my upstream causing a 100% RCO and that I would have to wait until Feb 2nd. (Sorry I don't speak DSL).

I'm not sure what's going to happen on Feb 2nd, but if it involves a Bell tech at my place, then I'm happy with 5mbit. I don't need Bell doing a screwjob to my lines.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by MrClean132:

I have to wait as well.

I was told that I have 6dB on my upstream causing a 100% RCO and that I would have to wait until Feb 2nd. (Sorry I don't speak DSL).

I'm not sure what's going to happen on Feb 2nd, but if it involves a Bell tech at my place, then I'm happy with 5mbit. I don't need Bell doing a screwjob to my lines.

6dB upstream is often an indicator that you're on an IKNS remote, which has an upstream SNR bug. It will always report 6dB, even if the remote is in front of your house.

Do you have a modem capable of DMT, or have a way of pulling the stats that shows the vendor ID of the DSLAM?

If you can show to them that the DSLAM is of the IKNS type, then it doesnt matter what the sync rate is, it will always be 6dB upstream SNR.

MrClean132
Sassy 'Medic
Premium Member
Toronto, On

MrClean132 to JenSuisUn

Premium Member

to JenSuisUn
Wouldn't that be something they could see on their end?

I'm looking at the DMT website right now and can't figure out what version to use. I'm using a TP-Link 8816 right now.

When I grab stats, I usually do it from the modem interface and I know there isn't a vendor_id field in it.

jasmo34
join:2008-03-20
~ London ~

jasmo34

said by MrClean132:

I would certainly defer to HV's expertise. BUT, just in case this might apply... my own line stats showed a very similar condition, 100% RCO and SNR was 4 on upstream. I found a bad DSL filter that I had installed with a re-located phone. I had moved that phone AFTER my stats were checked in late Nov., where they had looked fine. With the bad filter gone, my RCO went to 83%, with SNR of 10 on upstream. My 6Mspeed bump has now been done.

Any new hiss on your phone line? That was an earlier clue that I had just ignored for weeks! Duh!

MrClean132
Sassy 'Medic
Premium Member
Toronto, On

MrClean132

Premium Member

I'll have to just unplug my phones and test tomorrow to see if the SNR gets any better.

I don't have any hisses on my phones after DSL was installed.

Just figured out DMT won't work on my 8816, and I don't think OrbMT pulls the vendor field.

Thanks all!
I'll start my own thread tomorrow to avoid threadjack
donkey77
join:2008-04-08
Montreal, QC

donkey77

i'm on an IKNS, and it's reporting the classic 6snr up, therefore causing the 100% rco, so i'm not holding my breath.

download 28db lol, 46% rco, buggy piece of crap lucent stinger.

toro
join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON

toro to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
I'm on a IKNS remote as well, less than 300m away so the line could be almost perfect, but of course it's reporting 6 snr up. Any chance to get upgraded in this situation ?
Is there any modem I can use that would make the line report better stats ?
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7

said by toro:

I'm on a IKNS remote as well, less than 300m away so the line could be almost perfect, but of course it's reporting 6 snr up. Any chance to get upgraded in this situation ?
Is there any modem I can use that would make the line report better stats ?

Not on a VDSL2 line card... and anyway, who cares as long as you get close to your speed and stable.

andyb
Premium Member
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario

andyb to MrClean132

Premium Member

to MrClean132
Try using Orbmt.Thats what I use on my TP-Link although its not the 8816.If you try it,in the settings for modem type select P-653HWI. Thats the setting I use.Run the program and wait.It takes a bit for it to calculate RCO but when done it should show everything you need
jinNjuice
join:2007-03-12
Scarborough, ON

jinNjuice to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
Posted in Direct forum, got a response at 4 from TSI Tracy, and was upgraded by the time I got home from work at 6:30!
Ice69
join:2009-01-06

Ice69

That's good news that you got upgrade. However, I find it strange that when I posted in the direct forum on Jan 12 or 13 that the eventual response was:

----
Some tickets were previously opened however we're no longer opening tickets for this until we hear otherwise from Bell as they advised us against doing so. Unfortunately we'll have to wait until either your line is automatically done, or Bell's phase of the upgrade is over so we can take action as necessary.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
--------

When I asked for clarification a subsequent response indicated:

----
That's right, if its not done by Feb 2, we're taking action.
----

So my question is, does posting in the direct forum initiate the upgrade or are we supposed to wait for it to occur automatically? I would think that Teksavvy's response and course of action would be the same for everyone across the board.

andyb
Premium Member
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario

andyb

Premium Member

I think it depends on how your connected ie:CO or remote.TSI can do some themselves but not others

MrClean132
Sassy 'Medic
Premium Member
Toronto, On

MrClean132 to JenSuisUn

Premium Member

to JenSuisUn
Just got my upgrade.

I was browsing the internet and lost connection for about 5 seconds. When I came back, realized my ftp download was moving faster than before

Connected directly to the modem, now synced at 6016/512.

I was told changing my modem to just ADSL2 instead of ADSL2+ would help my upstream a little, but my modem just decided not to connect at all, so left it at auto sync-up.

Thanks TSI Martin and all.

alienzzz
join:2011-02-17

alienzzz

said by MrClean132:

I was told changing my modem to just ADSL2 instead of ADSL2+ would help my upstream a little, but my modem just decided not to connect at all, so left it at auto sync-up.

Obviously since this is an ADSL1 profile. It won't sync if you force ADSL2/2+ mode.

MrClean132
Sassy 'Medic
Premium Member
Toronto, On

MrClean132

Premium Member

D'oh, I knew something wasn't right when I looked in the options. Thanks for the heads up. Must drink less coffee
wonghoi
join:2009-06-30
Markham, ON

wonghoi to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
My request for the upgrade to 6Mbit was put in today. Soon after I could no longet an ip address. I powered down both my router and tplink modem, but no luck. I posted a request for help in TSD hopefully it's a simple fix.
59677028 (banned)
join:2012-01-19
Pontypool, ON

59677028 (banned) to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
haven't seen an upgrade yet.....
you have to ask for it?
doesn't matter then i wont bother
but if its free and that extra cost comes i might as well right?
donkey77
Montreal, QC

donkey77 to MrClean132

to MrClean132
said by MrClean132:

Just got my upgrade.

Connected directly to the modem, now synced at 6016/512.

Thanks TSI Martin and all.

I got my upgrade sometime today (and I didn't even have to bug the tsi guys!)

Anyhow, we're both on IKNS remotes with 100% rco on the upload, they left my upload speed at .8 while boosting me 5 to 6 on the download, sucks they stuck you with 512
Ice69
join:2009-01-06

Ice69

I got my upgrade today as well. TSI Martin responded to my post in the direct forum indicating that he submitted the ticket and then during the day the upgrade went through.

Sweet. Thanks TSI Martin.

Zenphic
join:2007-03-05
Canada

Zenphic to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
I'll anxiously wait until February 2 then. If nothing happens, I'll definitely make a post in the Direct Forum.
donkey77
Montreal, QC

donkey77

I never opened a ticket to get the speed increase, so I guess somebody at TSI did so on my behalf?

Oh well it's done, so thanks, I was just curious if bell was going to do it all by themselves!
bdevrye
join:2007-07-27

bdevrye to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
Got mine
TY TSI

Crowbar10
join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON

Crowbar10 to Zenphic

to Zenphic
said by Zenphic:

I'll anxiously wait until February 2 then. If nothing happens, I'll definitely make a post in the Direct Forum.

I posted in the direct forum and was told i have to wait for an "official update" . While others seem to get the upgrade ( some without even asking )

jasmo34
join:2008-03-20
~ London ~

jasmo34

It seems to depend what rep initially acts upon your request, as to what response you will get.

Last night I was talking to a relative of mine who has TSI DSL; he knew nothing about the 5m to 6m bump, and has not received it. I told him how to beg and plead for it in the direct forum.

How are the TSI customers who don't even know about these forums supposed to know about this freebie from BELL, let alone know they may have to ASK for the upgrade in the direct forum?

I have another relative on ACANAC DSL; he didn't have to do anything. He just got it. His speeds are now the same as mine, around 5130/670.

EdT586
@teksavvy.com

EdT586 to JenSuisUn

Anon

to JenSuisUn
So will have to request for the upgrade or will TSI do it automatically on 2 Feb. ?

They never even mention what the upgraded upload is either, is it still 800Kbps ?
Goldielover
join:2008-02-29
Toronto, ON

Goldielover to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
Got my upgrade today, and also had my upload speed reduced to 512. Not too happy about that, but hopefully will get sorted soon. Have requested they look into it, as I've been rock solid with 800 for the past two years. No reason to reduce upload speed as my line stats are good. New download speed is nice, though.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by Goldielover:

Got my upgrade today, and also had my upload speed reduced to 512. Not too happy about that, but hopefully will get sorted soon. Have requested they look into it, as I've been rock solid with 800 for the past two years. No reason to reduce upload speed as my line stats are good. New download speed is nice, though.

Haha. Typical Bell.