Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gyoung345

join:2007-07-18
Carmel, IN

[TV] Bright House, Carmel IN

I have some questions. We have been unhappy with our DVR from Bright House. The DVR stutters and freezes all the time. This is the 3rd DVR from them that has done this. I chalk it up to the software on the DVR but I put up with it because I use a HTPC that I built with a HDHomeRun for locals.

Couple of questions

1. has anyone installed a cablecard into the HDHomeRun Prime with Bright House? How'd it go?

2. I called and I have DirecTV coming out and they are doing the whole house DVR thing this Saturday. Bright House now has this. Any experience with this in Carmel? I may cancel the DirecTV thing.

3. The DVR that I have, the software stinks. Is there a certain Bright House model I should be asking for?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:163
Stutters when? Give me more details please....

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2
reply to gyoung345
the whdvr system is a very nice system. The boxes are nice,new reliable boxes with very few issues.

By shuttering, do you mean macroblocking?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to gyoung345
I need to know if this is happening on playback or live video though...makes a huge difference.

gyoung345

Carmel, IN
Primarily playback of recorded video. Not sure what macroblocking is, but it will stop (freeze) skip some time and them resume in about 2 seconds. Makes watching a show unbearable.

I find no rhyme or reason for it. It does it when it isn't recording another show but also when it is recording another show. It is intermittent as well. This is the 3rd box we have had that has done this. I am just attributing it to the software.

The performance of the box is also very slow. When you set up a recording it just takes time to navigate the menus.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to gyoung345
Lets fix that...PM me your modem MAC address and IP address and I'll be in touch to make that happen.

gyoung345

Carmel, IN
done.

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2
3 boxes doing the same thing likely isnt the box. I highly doubt the company is going to leave a software on them which is causing it to macroblock or freeze. Im betting signal issue