uniqs
share rss forum feed

mets18

join:2008-10-15
New York, NY
reply to spider122

Re: [IMG] 1.9 Likes / Dislikes & Bugs

said by spider122:

Now that it seems that all standard def channels are upconverted to high def, the aspect ratio function on my tv is no longer available. I can no longer zoom letterboxed shows so I have a black bar around the entire picture.

It would be nice to have a zoom feature on the Verizon box to cure this problem. I've changed the sd override to 480p, but it's not real convenient and the guide gets all messed up when that happens.

Has anyone else done anything else?

On your verizon remote the # or aspect key should zoom in. I forgot how many times you have to hit it.

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY
reply to spider122
said by spider122:

Now that it seems that all standard def channels are upconverted to high def, the aspect ratio function on my tv is no longer available. I can no longer zoom letterboxed shows so I have a black bar around the entire picture.

It would be nice to have a zoom feature on the Verizon box to cure this problem. I've changed the sd override to 480p, but it's not real convenient and the guide gets all messed up when that happens.

Verizon boxes do have a zoom function. Use the # button on your remote control to toggle zoom modes.

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by UnnDunn:

said by spider122:

Verizon boxes do have a zoom function. Use the # button on your remote control to toggle zoom modes.

. and I believe it only works in the "SD override off" mode...(obvious to some, not me LOL)
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".

DaveR5

join:2007-07-17
reply to spider122
said by spider122:

Have you tried enabling NATIVE mode?

This has been a big improvement for me. The SD channels are sent as 480i to my TV and its justify mode fills the screen. It also provides better PQ since its native upscaling is (marginally) superiod to the cable box.

billhere

join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA
reply to rustycruiser
Deleted programs do not clog your available disk space. If your HD is getting full, recording a new program will replace one or more of the so-called deleted items.

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
said by billhere:

Deleted programs do not clog your available disk space. If your HD is getting full, recording a new program will replace one or more of the so-called deleted items.

Then what you wrote doesn't make sense. If the deleted recordings don't take up space, and there wasn't room to record anything else, it would delete a recording still on there to make room, not a deleted one.

amarryat
Verizon FiOS

join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by matcarl:

said by billhere:

Then what you wrote doesn't make sense. If the deleted recordings don't take up space, and there wasn't room to record anything else, it would delete a recording still on there to make room, not a deleted one.

I think that what he's saying is that only non-deleted recordings are used to calculate the amount of disk space used. When you delete a recording, it doesn't wipe it from the disk, but makes the space occupied by that recording available to future recordings. That would mean that one of these deleted recordings could be recovered until part or all of it is destroyed by a new recording. At least that is how it works on a computer.

mwdenio

join:2012-02-02
Wilmington, DE
reply to More Fiber
Does anyone else have an issue where fast-forwarding a DVR recording from a set-top box loses the sound? I can pause or stop the recording then start playing again to restore. I have Cisco boxes for both the DVR and STB.

mwdenio

join:2012-02-02
Wilmington, DE
I should add this is to an SD TV.

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to TitusTroy
any details on the rollout of 1.9.1?

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
Nothing yet, I think they are still fine tuning it

spider122

join:2009-01-26
Tewksbury, MA
reply to UnnDunn
Thanks a lot. This was exactly what I was looking for.

I use a universal remote and didn't know about this feature so it has now learned the code and it works great.
Expand your moderator at work

Wag

join:2009-05-05
Natick, MA
reply to More Fiber

Re: [IMG] 1.9 Likes / Dislikes & Bugs

Ha. Now for some odd reason I just had a spontaneous "You have a new harddrive hooked up..." when the old one is still going, the LED is still flickering. But for some odd reason it's saving to the internal harddrive now even after I rebooted a few times. Weird.

tom976

@optonline.net
reply to More Fiber
I love when I am in the guide looking for a show to watch it displays ghost shows that already ended. So when you go down to them, thinking they are on, it displays at that point what the real current show is. WTF??

1.8 never had this problem.

nascar

join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ
kudos:3
reply to More Fiber
Looks like "Cast" is always presented on recordings. Also it wraps on "Full Info" which is nice.

I'd like to see one press on Info for Full Info instead of two. I'd also like to see more details once a program is recorded as we seem to lose some details once recorded.

Someone may want to start a 1.9.1 thread as it will be arriving soon. Just remember what soon means in Verizon time.

TitusTroy

New York, NY
said by nascar:

Someone may want to start a 1.9.1 thread as it will be arriving soon. Just remember what soon means in Verizon time.

can you give us any info on when Verizon plans on launching 1.9.1?...and also whether it will be the same as the 1.9a rollout meaning a different VHO every month or so or will they try and do this one much quicker?

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by TitusTroy:

a different VHO every month or so

Like FIREFOX !!!!!
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".

TitusTroy

New York, NY
reply to More Fiber
I rebooted my box (7232) last night because of some pixellation issue and now every time I turn on my TV it asks me to choose between the Standard or HD Menu/Guide...I selected HD 3-4 times already and yet it keeps bugging me every time...I even went into the Menu--> Video Settings and selected it manually

how do I get it to stick and get rid of this annoying screen every time I turn on my set?

nascar

join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ
Supposedly you select the one you don't want and then next time select the one you do want and that will work.

PoloDude
Premium,VIP
join:2006-03-29
Northport, NY
reply to TitusTroy
stop turning off the box. turning it off only turns off the video tuner.

TitusTroy

New York, NY
reply to nascar
said by nascar:

Supposedly you select the one you don't want and then next time select the one you do want and that will work.

you're the man nascar!...that indeed fixed it...weird bug

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ
Anyway we can get FiOS to remove VOD movies from the guide and entering a channel number that does not exist taking you to a VOD movie menu?

dcowboy

join:2012-05-10
said by icemannyr1:

Anyway we can get FiOS to remove VOD movies from the guide and entering a channel number that does not exist taking you to a VOD movie menu?

No.