share rss forum feed

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
reply to DaveR5

Re: [IMG] 1.9 Likes / Dislikes & Bugs

said by DaveR5:

Another pet peeve: when multiple DVR recordings exist for the same show, it's great that the menu puts them into a folder. However, it should list the oldest first, not the newest.

Maybe, but that's just the way the IMG stores everything in the DVR Menu anyway, the oldest on bottom, newest on top, not just the folders.

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to DaveR5
said by DaveR5:

Another pet peeve: when multiple DVR recordings exist for the same show, it's great that the menu puts them into a folder. However, it should list the oldest first, not the newest.

I disagree...I think FiOS is doing it right (TiVO also sets up folders this way)...newest makes more sense to go on top

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to DaveR5
said by DaveR5:

agreed
However on a "play all" it will play the oldest first.
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".

johnf2
VHO8
Premium
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to matcarl
said by matcarl:

said by DaveR5:

Maybe, but that's just the way the IMG stores everything in the DVR Menu anyway, the oldest on bottom, newest on top, not just the folders.

DVR menu order: Newest on the Top, Oldest on the Bottom. Makes it easy to see the newest, current recordings.
--
johnf2

ksalper

join:2002-11-15
West Orange, NJ
reply to miataman
I'd very much prefer if "play all" let you choose to play oldest first, newest first, or random order, which would be especially handy with folders full of shows for the kids.

There's an idea post about this, but it got very little notice when posted.

DaveR5

join:2007-07-17
reply to TitusTroy
said by TitusTroy:

I disagree...I think FiOS is doing it right (TiVO also sets up folders this way)...newest makes more sense to go on top

If I record a series, I always want to watch the episodes in order.

Seems to me the best solution is to add a Setting to control the sort order. Then we'll both be happy

WAW

@lightpath.net
reply to More Fiber
I notice that everytime TV turned on I have to choose hd or sd tv. Very annoying anyway to get rid of this?

miataman

Chelmsford, MA
reply to More Fiber
I like having the "tune channel" option on the info menu for a future program. Sometimes the future is just a few minutes!
--

syrgeek

join:2009-06-04
Syracuse, NY
reply to WAW
said by WAW :

I notice that everytime TV turned on I have to choose hd or sd tv. Very annoying anyway to get rid of this?

It will prompt you every time the stb, not the tv, is turned on until you make a selection. If you exit or do not properly make a selection on the first run screen it will come back until you do.

Torrid Zone

join:2009-06-13
Carmel, NY
reply to More Fiber
My 7232 does not record entire programs in 1.9. It starts a minute or two into a show or movie and ends a minute or two before the program ends. This didn't happen in 1.8.

WAW

@prohealthcare.com
reply to syrgeek
Thanks for answering. I do make the selection but comes up each and every time. Never happened before 1.9 upgrade.
Only happens on my new 7232 box.

jimboe

join:2000-08-14
New York
reply to ZNYGUY
said by ZNYGUY:

I want predictive text put back into search. Who had the bright idea of taking that out anyway?

It never did yield *all* the reuslts of the search you put in.. it was essentially broken- and they didn't want to invest the time to 100% fix it.

there are several threads in the forum..

George in NY

@verizon.net
reply to dcborn61
Pause bug. Have done resets we shall see. Watching DVR recording must exit and restart program. Freezes as well trying to fast forward or reserves seems to be hit at program to commercial area. If live must change channel to restart play.

spider122

join:2009-01-26
Tewksbury, MA
reply to More Fiber
Now that it seems that all standard def channels are upconverted to high def, the aspect ratio function on my tv is no longer available. I can no longer zoom letterboxed shows so I have a black bar around the entire picture.

It would be nice to have a zoom feature on the Verizon box to cure this problem. I've changed the sd override to 480p, but it's not real convenient and the guide gets all messed up when that happens.

Has anyone else done anything else?

tom976

@verizon.net
reply to More Fiber
I used the VOD tonight. When you stop or pause it, it resets it.
Resume just equates to, start over from the beginning. What's up with that. Sure you can FF at 2x but that takes 10 - 15 minutes when you are near the end of a movie.

zacojam

join:2003-01-13
Massapequa, NY
reply to More Fiber
My only complaint is that the Info bar is too big. It now takes up half the screen.

Otherwise, I am fine with the upgrade, colors, etc.

doncoolio

join:2005-07-18
Yucaipa, CA
reply to More Fiber
Dislike the lack of CEC.
Dislike the problems passing through HDMI to TV when my surround receiver is turned off.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by doncoolio:

Dislike the lack of CEC.
Dislike the problems passing through HDMI to TV when my surround receiver is turned off.

On my receiver, I'm able to have it pass HDMI even if the receiver is off by setting it to do so. Suggest you try to find an HDMI-pass through setting on your receiver and have it do so. This "dislike" is not an STB thing, IMHO.

doncoolio

join:2005-07-18
Yucaipa, CA
I have the same the same ability on two receivers. They both pass through every other device I own. I would consider this a STB thing.

joe01880

join:2007-10-26
Wakefield, MA

2 edits
said by doncoolio:

I have the same the same ability on two receivers. They both pass through every other device I own. I would consider this a STB thing.

I have a Yamaha RX-V667 and audio and video pass through with the reciever off with out issue. You may want to look at the settings in whatever surround sound "reciever" you are using or check its owners manual to see if it will pass through audio and video while tunred off.

mets18

join:2008-10-15
New York, NY
reply to spider122
said by spider122:

Now that it seems that all standard def channels are upconverted to high def, the aspect ratio function on my tv is no longer available. I can no longer zoom letterboxed shows so I have a black bar around the entire picture.

It would be nice to have a zoom feature on the Verizon box to cure this problem. I've changed the sd override to 480p, but it's not real convenient and the guide gets all messed up when that happens.

On your verizon remote the # or aspect key should zoom in. I forgot how many times you have to hit it.

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY
reply to spider122
said by spider122:

Verizon boxes do have a zoom function. Use the # button on your remote control to toggle zoom modes.

miataman

Chelmsford, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by UnnDunn:

said by spider122:

Verizon boxes do have a zoom function. Use the # button on your remote control to toggle zoom modes.

. and I believe it only works in the "SD override off" mode...(obvious to some, not me LOL)
--

DaveR5

join:2007-07-17
reply to spider122
said by spider122:

Have you tried enabling NATIVE mode?

This has been a big improvement for me. The SD channels are sent as 480i to my TV and its justify mode fills the screen. It also provides better PQ since its native upscaling is (marginally) superiod to the cable box.

billhere

join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA
reply to rustycruiser
Deleted programs do not clog your available disk space. If your HD is getting full, recording a new program will replace one or more of the so-called deleted items.

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
said by billhere:

Deleted programs do not clog your available disk space. If your HD is getting full, recording a new program will replace one or more of the so-called deleted items.

Then what you wrote doesn't make sense. If the deleted recordings don't take up space, and there wasn't room to record anything else, it would delete a recording still on there to make room, not a deleted one.

amarryat
Verizon FiOS

join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by matcarl:

said by billhere:

Then what you wrote doesn't make sense. If the deleted recordings don't take up space, and there wasn't room to record anything else, it would delete a recording still on there to make room, not a deleted one.

I think that what he's saying is that only non-deleted recordings are used to calculate the amount of disk space used. When you delete a recording, it doesn't wipe it from the disk, but makes the space occupied by that recording available to future recordings. That would mean that one of these deleted recordings could be recovered until part or all of it is destroyed by a new recording. At least that is how it works on a computer.

mwdenio

join:2012-02-02
Wilmington, DE
reply to More Fiber
Does anyone else have an issue where fast-forwarding a DVR recording from a set-top box loses the sound? I can pause or stop the recording then start playing again to restore. I have Cisco boxes for both the DVR and STB.

mwdenio

join:2012-02-02
Wilmington, DE
I should add this is to an SD TV.

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to TitusTroy
any details on the rollout of 1.9.1?