just don't get it. no one lives in chattanooga. wish it were somewhere else

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine

Re: hrm

said by foo:

They got federal money. In other words you and I paid for it.

keithps
Premium Member
join:2002-06-26
Soddy Daisy, TN

keithps

Premium Member

said by fifty nine:

said by foo:

The federal money was for the smart grid, which they were doing anyway. They also financed quite a bit more to layer the internet/tv/phone on top of it.
45612019 (banned)
join:2004-02-05
New York, NY

45612019 (banned) to fifty nine

to fifty nine
said by fifty nine:

said by foo:

At least it actually went into something to help out fellow citizens instead of being funneled into the military industrial complex where it would be used to slaughter more brown people.

I'm glad to see my tax dollars helping build infrastructure in this country instead of being sunk into some Afghanistan warlord's pocket.

We could do with more of this and less of the warmongering.

David
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

David

Premium Member

said by 45612019:

you are correct... we could have also used it to pay that *cough* 15T debt hanging over our heads. I would like for once not to be "working to pay china's interest off" for once.

Tsk...tsk..... I guess this is america... no one pays debts owed anymore. I must be doing it wrong!
45612019 (banned)
New York, NY

45612019 (banned)

The majority of America's debt is held by Americans, not China. And I really don't give a shit about the debt. If the United States ever wants to get serious about paying off its debt it will actually raise taxes on the wealthy instead of continuing to decrease them.

America's national debt is quite possibly the biggest scam in human history.

David
Premium Member
Granite City, IL

David

Premium Member

said by 45612019:

. ...and I really don't give a shit about the debt.

That type of thinking is why we are in this financial mess to begin with.
mogamer
join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI

mogamer to 45612019

to 45612019
said by 45612019:

The majority of America's debt is held by Americans, not China. And I really don't give a shit about the debt. If the United States ever wants to get serious about paying off its debt it will actually raise taxes on the wealthy instead of continuing to decrease them.

America's national debt is quite possibly the biggest scam in human history.

You could tax all of America's millionaires until they have nothing left and it wouldn't pay off the debt. How about having the country living within it's means instead?

David
Premium Member
Granite City, IL

David

Premium Member

said by mogamer:

How about having the country living within it's means instead?

+1

I am glad someone said it.

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine to 45612019

to 45612019
said by 45612019:

At least it actually went into something to help out fellow citizens instead of being funneled into the military industrial complex where it would be used to slaughter more brown people.

I'm glad to see my tax dollars helping build infrastructure in this country instead of being sunk into some Afghanistan warlord's pocket.

The MIC is singlehandedly responsible for more employment in this country than anything else.

Building infrastructure is fine too but when the Gov't has to borrow another $1.2T from China and Saudi Arabia just to pay back its creditors, I don't think that giving a few select towns a subsidized fiber network is really that important.
45612019 (banned)
New York, NY

45612019 (banned)

Employing murderers and assistants to murderers, the military industrial complex is truly a noble employer indeed!

I love how Americans claim their country is "a force for good in the world" when their biggest industry is employing murderers and accomplices to build equipment for said murderers to use.
talz13
join:2006-03-15
Avon, OH

talz13

said by 45612019:

Employing murderers and assistants to murderers, the military industrial complex is truly a noble employer indeed!

I love how Americans claim their country is "a force for good in the world" when their biggest industry is employing murderers and accomplices to build equipment for said murderers to use.

Are you not an American, or are you afraid of using "we" as a pronoun, thereby including yourself in the group you are disparaging?
45612019 (banned)
New York, NY

45612019 (banned)

As I actively oppose the views of most of my fellow Americans, I don't feel the need to include myself in their group. That statement would have been incorrect had I used the pronoun "we," as I do not share the view that America is a force for good in the world. I believe the nation to be another oversized empire which positively and negatively impacts the planet.