Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL

Guide now listing season/episode

I noticed that my guide had dropped by 2 days when I checked future recordings (lots of TBA's at the end.) A check of the diagnostics showed it had done a triage and shrunk from 600 to 500 slots (one slot = 30 minutes.) It's up to 519 at the moment.

I wonder if it may be related to what looks like a slight change in the data. I'm now noticing some shows are now listing the season and episode (Sxx/Eyy) after the episode title, or at the beginning of the description if there is no individual title.

Russ6

join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX
kudos:1

When the Comcast set-top box reboots, the guide listings are gone. The guide has to rebuild the listings and this is done very slowly. It may take a few days before all the listings are restored.

I hope season and episode info are added to my listings.

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

just on-demand show that here so far.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to Russ6

said by Russ6:

When the Comcast set-top box reboots, the guide listings are gone. The guide has to rebuild the listings and this is done very slowly. It may take a few days before all the listings are restored.

I hope season and episode info are added to my listings.

There was no reboot. It did a triage, which seems to be some form of garbage collection and compaction of the database that occurs when it runs out of allocated memory. It throws out the furthest entries to allow nearer entries to fill in.

The Season/episode thing is a bit hit or miss, and varies with network. Also, I goofed on the format: it's Sx/Epyy.

Zoder

join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL

We've had that for about a month now and yes the number of listings has shrunk. The older boxes such as the 2500 don't even show a full 24 hours worth now.

chadb97

join:2009-07-14
Osceola, IN

I just noticed I had season and episode listings last night here in South Bend, IN. I checked quite a few channels (broadcast and cable) and they all seemed to have it. I suppose it's wishful thinking to think this might mean we see onscreen guide 2.0 sometime this year.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL

It's not quite all shows, but more and more. I also noticed that many shows (I think it used to be only movies) also list the run time in the parenthesis with the type. ie: (Reality, 57 minutes).

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

its on almost every show here but listings only go out 10 days now instead of two weeks.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL

I think Comcast may have to bump up the memory allocated to guide data again. Mine has been hovering around 550 slots (each slot is 30 minutes) since the change. It used to be 620-630.

HELPmePLEASE

@comcast.net

Maybe we'll have the privilege of paying more monthly to display more days of the TV Guide information.