uniqs
share rss forum feed
« Seattle Did Ithrm »
This is a sub-selection from Comcap and AT&Trash

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to 45612019

Re: Comcap and AT&Trash

"More cities should follow Chattanooga's lead and hand Comcast and AT&T's asses to them."

Yes, That's a fantastic idea. While we are at it let's put our tax dollars toward putting small business out of business! Government has no business trying to put privately owned businesses out of business. Yet, EPB is doing that very thing by selling services at a loss or by flat out lying to customers to win business.

keithps
Premium
join:2002-06-26
Soddy Daisy, TN
Reviews:
·EPB Fiber Optics

Well I'm sorry that EPB is messing up your business. However, as a consumer, I'm glad they're around. I don't care if they shave a little off the power side to keep it profitable, its worth it to me. Considering where I live AT&T isn't even an option, and wireless coverage is pathetic, I'm thrilled to have an option besides Comcast.
--
RIP Dad (10-28-1955 to 4-10-2010)

battleop

The local providers would not have such a bitter taste in their mouth if EPB would sell us the same services that they sell any one else. We are not even asking for wholesale pricing just sell it to us the same services they would sell anyone else at the same price.

Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

Build your own and then charge yourself whatever you want.

Isn't that the "calling card" of all you guys when consumers complain of a lack of obtainable services at a speed/price they are willing to spend?

Now you are going to come here and whine because you can't get their services and you are in the business of providing them?

Boo Freaking Hoo!

join:2004-02-05
New York, NY
reply to battleop

I agree, we should put our tax dollars towards putting business out of business.

The private sector has been given decades and over $200 billion in tax incentives to establish competent communications infrastructure in the United States. Typical greed from corporate suits derailed this of course.

Time to bring in the government to boot these corporate fatcats out. I'm tired of a handful of greedy "for profit" citizens ruining vital infrastructure for the other 300 million Americans in this country. The underlying telecommunications infrastructure and healthcare industry needs to be put into the government's hands, not a select few executives trying to squeeze every penny out of their fellow citizens.

battleop

1 recommendation

Fuck it.... Why not spend our tax dollars on subsidizing groceries, gas, and any thing else that cost more than we think it should cost. What we need is more government spending. Let's just work our way to a 110% taxation so we can pay for all of our wants instead of our needs.

No, large corporations like AT&T and Verizon have been given billions in tax incentives. I challenge you to find a SMALL business in the ISP sector that has been receiving this "$200 Billion in tax incentives." In fact I believe that you will find that these SMALL businesses have to pay into funds that go back to the ILEC that they can not use.

join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH
reply to keithps

and their is your problem. To pay for this network; they're stealing from Peter to pay Paul. So weather you want the network or not; you're still paying for it.

That is totally BS.

keithps
Premium
join:2002-06-26
Soddy Daisy, TN
Reviews:
·EPB Fiber Optics

said by 25139889:

and their is your problem. To pay for this network; they're stealing from Peter to pay Paul. So weather you want the network or not; you're still paying for it.

That is totally BS.

According to their financials, the fiber pays for itself without any money from the power side. That said, there are some people who refuse to believe that a FTTH provider that signed up 25% of their homes passed in 2 years could make any money.

Companies do that crap all the time. If you use Comcast or AT&T you are paying extra so that they can offer cheaper deals and promotions, ect in Chattanooga to compete with EPB. Is it BS that they are effectively subsidizing Chattanooga with the revenues from a non-competitive area? Completely, but that's how the game is played.
--
RIP Dad (10-28-1955 to 4-10-2010)