Search similar:

uniqs

The0_o
join:2011-06-15
Silver Spring, MD

1 edit

The0_o

[Raiding] LFR asshattery

So LFR has been out for about 6 weeks now, and to be honest its a very good system. However the amount of asshattery that i have witness over those said weeks from a some raiders has been mind numbing.

Loot Hording : Dudes with equal or higher level gear needing on tier tokens/gear so they can either :

Trade it.
Vendor it so others wont have it.

(This seems to be a growing trend)

-
Guild Stacking : Bringing 10+ members of your guild so you can control the loot via Kicks and mass needing

(my guild does this twice a week with 20+ people each time)

-
Oh shoot, am dead again: Getting killed in the first few seconds of an encounter so you can AFK and still roll on loots.

-
Deathwing!! Do a barrel roll! : Spinning DW to cause a wipe on spine.

-
Anti Hentai Movement : Killing all the tenacles on spine.

-
Dude look! its Green : Attacking the wrong ooze.

-
Deeps Derping Out : DPS that will NOT switch to adds in any of the boss fights (last claw/DW head in Madness, adds in unsleeping, every other fight)

-
Button?!?! : Players ignoring the ultraxion mechanic expecting heals to just keep them up (via Immergruen)

-
I think if i stare at it long enough.... : Players Holding up loot by keeping the chest open. (via cigtyme)

-
RAGE!!!!! : Kicking players for out healing/DPS'ing you and your guildmates (via Beardsley)

Has anyone else seen this and is there an way to counter it (By the Player and/or blizzard)?

It is somewhat annoying to lose a souldrinker to a fury warrior or a tier token to a druid so he can start on his offset.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

Blame blizzard for fucking with the token drop rates in 25 man and we wouldn't have to go in a LFR and mass need tokens for our raiders.

We do have a no tolerant BS when we roll in to LFR, go afk without saying something? Cya. Attack the wrong target repeatedly? Cya.

Arthritis
join:2011-10-20
Canada

Arthritis

LFR shouldn't feel like progression raiding, and it shouldn't take more than 2 hours to clear all 8 bosses.

And I'm finding I"m less patient with those who make it feel that way.

Don't get me wrong, this doesn't apply solely to new players to LFR. Everyone has to learn, and I'm happy to explain. But if your too busy teabagging your dead buddy for laughs mid fight than healing, well........

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to The0_o

Premium Member

to The0_o
we all see it. I also hate having dps simply ignore the ultraxion mechanic expecting heals to just keep them up. People not rolling on gear so that the next fight has already started before people can see the loot rolls. yep. I just go in, do my best, and ignore everyone. (okay... so I don't really ignore everyone... but I try, lol)

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to The0_o

to The0_o
I used to try to at least try to mention the most important things (hit the button when Ultraxion is casting!) but nowadays I just quit group if it sucks so bad. I can play SWTOR in another window while I queue again, much less stress...

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member

JB9

Premium Member

No need to hit button on ultraxion, stupid LFR.
Osirusdatank
join:2011-04-25
St John'S, NL

Osirusdatank to The0_o

to The0_o
Seems like most of the stuff you mentioned can be dealt with by either trying to kick the offending player or quitting the group yourself.
I guess I should also mention that sometimes players are bad because they don't know any better, and so a little advice to that player may be in order.
More specifically:
--Rolling need on items when you already have better....sounds bad enough, but lots of players just hit that Need icon when it lights up. But how can you know when a player does it to vendor it "just so others won't get it"?
--Guild stacking....I've no problem with that. Kudos to the guild for such innovative thinking!
--AFK and rolling on loot....someone in the raid needs to be watching for this and initiating vote kicks on players who have been AFK an excessively long time.
--Barrell roll....How do you know it was done maliciously?
--Killing all tentacles.....no clue on that one. I assume it's a bad thing, though. Maybe raid leader needs to give a heads up before hand?
--Attacking wrong ooze.....Nobody using target icons? Maybe they should. It is RF, and we must assume not everyone there is going to be all-knowledgeable.
--Dps not switching to adds.....Raid leader needs to do his job better and direct damage to where it needs to be.
--Losing Souldrinker (and, by extension....losing any item you really need to someone else that you, in your wisdom, have determined does not need it as much as you do)...well, currently, elite players do not control who gets what for loot...random rolls do that. Thank god. But let's say you, doing 31k Dps, roll on a Tier item and lose it to the druid who did 17k dps and who wanted the tier item for an off-set. You leave the raid and put away your main until raid night next week, playing alts in the meantime...the druid, now with a viable off-spec, plays it with his new tier piece equipped for 4 hours a day all that same week....Who, then, really "needed" that token?
I will say that since Raid Finder came out, Raid Leaders are not doing much of anything in it. This may be because RF is considered so easy that direction just isn't really needed. But a lot of the problems you mention here can be fixed with better Raid Leadership in RF.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to JB9

to JB9
said by JB9:

No need to hit button on ultraxion, stupid LFR.

I've only been in a few BH runs and the pugs run away from the blade storm and we still wipe... Can't trust pug healers to be able to heal through that...
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA

cigtyme

I hate the way loot can be held open and hogged until it is closed by the person with the loots open. I won the SP dagger off of madness. ANother Mage held loot open so i couldn't grab it. He stated i did enuff dammage already did not need a weapon upgrade. We tried to vote to kick, but it must of been a Guild cause it never passed. I waited 7 minutes after boss was dead to get the dagger. The other people waiting on loot all were being held up by 1 AssHat.

Blizzard should first off. Auto pass if a person leaves group before rolling. Secondly do not allow jackasses to hold the loot hostage. Either allow all 25 people to view and get theirs, or just auto put the loot in the persons inventory. I know it sounds Communist or controlling, but imho if you currently have an item in your bag, or equipped it should only allow Greed rolls.

Just my 2 cents, flame away for those who disagree

Bodybagger
Premium Member
join:2010-03-30
Saint Matthews, SC

Bodybagger to The0_o

Premium Member

to The0_o
They kicked my GF last night right before Hagara. There was no shit talking or anything of that nature. 15 people were from the same guild and another priest that was full heroic Firelands geared lost 2 rolls to her and got pissed. He was also at the bottom of the healing meters and my GF was number 1. The priest started talking shit after the kick and the others from different servers were like, "Wtf you asshats that was our best healer!"

Then the loot... people waiting for the last second to roll, hogging the loot box, or dipping out before passing on the item. Let alone having 3 huntard bows drop from DW when only 1 hunter is in the party.

The0_o
Silver Spring, MD

The0_o to Osirusdatank

to Osirusdatank
said by Osirusdatank:

--Rolling need on items when you already have better....sounds bad enough, but lots of players just hit that Need icon when it lights up. But how can you know when a player does it to vendor it "just so others won't get it"?

said by cigtyme:

I won the SP dagger off of madness. ANother Mage held loot open so i couldn't grab it. He stated i did enuff dammage already did not need a weapon upgrade. We tried to vote to kick, but it must of been a Guild cause it never passed. I waited 7 minutes after boss was dead to get the dagger. The other people waiting on loot all were being held up by 1 AssHat.

^
That, I have even had players state it in RAID that they were going to vendor it.
One Example - Tier Gloves token won by dude that had the Normal DS Gloves and the dude that won the Tier Leg token wouldn't trade it. He was like ok and i Quote "Am just going to vendor it Nubz".
said by Osirusdatank:

--AFK and rolling on loot....someone in the raid needs to be watching for this and initiating vote kicks on players who have been AFK an excessively long time.

By the time we see them, we have already started the fight and no ones wants to wipe (as much as i want too) just to kick the asshole. so we clear, they roll/win gear and then they drop/are kicked, but by then the damage is done. Someone who put the effort into clearing the encounter lost an upgrade to these trolls
said by Osirusdatank:

--Barrell roll....How do you know it was done maliciously?

On larger forums (MMO champion) People have stated that they intensely wipe groups on spine for the Lolz and i have seen/been killed by these trolls as they stack on a far end to get him to spin.
said by Osirusdatank:

--Killing all tentacles.....no clue on that one. I assume it's a bad thing, though. Maybe raid leader needs to give a heads up before hand?

Deeps Derping Out
said by Osirusdatank:

--Attacking wrong ooze.....Nobody using target icons? Maybe they should. It is RF, and we must assume not everyone there is going to be all-knowledgeable.

Deeps Derping Out
said by Osirusdatank:

--Dps not switching to adds.....Raid leader needs to do his job better and direct damage to where it needs to be.

Deeps Derping Out
said by Osirusdatank:

--Losing Souldrinker (and, by extension....losing any item you really need to someone else that you, in your wisdom, have determined does not need it as much as you do)...well, currently, elite players do not control who gets what for loot...random rolls do that. Thank god. But let's say you, doing 31k Dps, roll on a Tier item and lose it to the druid who did 17k dps and who wanted the tier item for an off-set. You leave the raid and put away your main until raid night next week, playing alts in the meantime...the druid, now with a viable off-spec, plays it with his new tier piece equipped for 4 hours a day all that same week....Who, then, really "needed" that token?
I will say that since Raid Finder came out, Raid Leaders are not doing much of anything in it. This may be because RF is considered so easy that direction just isn't really needed. But a lot of the problems you mention here can be fixed with better Raid Leadership in RF.

I can understand that, I get annoyed when it like a DK that has 2 soul drinkers winning the ANOTHER one, or that fury warrior winning all 3 Voices of the deeps then leaving (cant happen now but had it happen to me 2 weeks ago), or that mage winning 2 leg tokens and will not give one up, that's the stuff that drives me nuts. People being asshats, people being people.

I will agree that Raid Leaders are not doing their part in LFR, most wont even give tanks assist these days. A simple Skull - X - Square for kill order or world markers will make almost every run a little smoother, However, Derps will be derps, nothing can fix stupid

except a shotgun.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

1 recommendation

I AM

Premium Member

You can't shotgun your screen to fix noobs though!

navymaverick
join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE

navymaverick

said by I AM:

You can't shotgun your screen to fix noobs though!

And supposedly we are not allowed to hack them and shard their shit either. Effective but not allowed.

Aybl
@xo.net

Aybl

Anon

I guess I don't see anything wrong with trading a tier token, I have done it myself. I have the legs/chest/shoulders on my rogue and just need one more piece to get the 4 piece bonus. The chest and hands tokens dropped, I rolled need on both, won the chest and then traded for the hands.

With so few rolls available for specific pieces and the huge number of people rolling need it seemed the best way to go. If I hadn't been able to trade it I would have given it away before the end of the run, it's not worth vendoring the token for a stinking 5g.

navymaverick
Papillion, NE

navymaverick

said by Aybl :

I guess I don't see anything wrong with trading a tier token, I have done it myself. I have the legs/chest/shoulders on my rogue and just need one more piece to get the 4 piece bonus. The chest and hands tokens dropped, I rolled need on both, won the chest and then traded for the hands.

With so few rolls available for specific pieces and the huge number of people rolling need it seemed the best way to go. If I hadn't been able to trade it I would have given it away before the end of the run, it's not worth vendoring the token for a stinking 5g.

Yes, but if you roll for a token you do not need and no one has anything to trade you for it, what good is it? What if the one thing you need is in the hands of another who needs it and they are unwilling to trade for whatever reason? You have now (IMO) stolen from someone else.
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
Houma, LA

cigtyme

This is the problem. The "Oh i have a dice i may as well roll" Mentality. I am sickened too when i cannot roll, or i only can roll on one but already have it. It would be alot better if the game recognized you had said item. If you have it you can still roll it just eliminates the bonuses. What is so damn hard for WoW to see.

Aybl
@xo.net

Aybl to navymaverick

Anon

to navymaverick
Read the last sentence I typed. Had I not been able to trade the token I would have given it away before the end of the run.

No intent to heist an item, just trying to have open an opportunity to trade.

The0_o
Silver Spring, MD

The0_o to Aybl

to Aybl
said by Aybl :

To be honest I did this once, My lock has the Head and Chest. Head token dropped and i won it, but i felt like shit so i gave it to the a pally.

It just not right to jack something i already have when i play a pure Dps class. Someone can use it for so much more.
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
Houma, LA

cigtyme to The0_o

to The0_o
Just because you are given Dice, does mean you should use them.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member

JB9

Premium Member

When everyone else is doing the same thing it's hard not to...
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
Houma, LA

cigtyme

I understand, but if one person became more courteous each loot rool, slowly the game would become better?

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to Osirusdatank

MVM

to Osirusdatank
said by Osirusdatank:

Seems like most of the stuff you mentioned can be dealt with by either trying to kick the offending player or quitting the group yourself.

Except that you're punished if you kick idiots all of the time. My kick time for my Paladin tank is four hours because I don't put up with people not pulling their weight. I don't care if you don't know the fights, speak up, we all had to learn some time. The idiots who think they can learn on the fly are great. Got into a Blackrock group where three people died on the first boss the first time we got chained. They broke the chains and then beat on the boss. Next pull goes fine. Then we get to the second boss and two people just stand in the beam until mutated. Oh well, time to drop group and go quest for a few minutes. It is like that for me all weekend. On the rare occassion I get a decent group, normally early morning before 8:00 a.m. eastern, things go great.

navymaverick
Papillion, NE

navymaverick to Aybl

to Aybl
Well Aybl, I saw that and I understand. My "stolen" remark was more in general. It does piss me off to someone take something I or anyone else needs and litterally leave group laughing at us like an elitist when all he/she did was win a random roll.

Too bad there are not lightside/darkside points to be earned...

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

said by navymaverick:

Too bad there are not lightside/darkside points to be earned...

Listening to Daniel Suarez's Daemon and Freedom TM and think the D-space reputation ratings would be a cool thing to see. Kind of like the Gear Score add in where you can vote people up and down.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member

JB9 to cigtyme

Premium Member

to cigtyme
You'll learn to be selfish against people you don't know. I've been burned too many damn times in this game being nice. Passing items only to be not given the same courtesy later.

navymaverick
Papillion, NE

navymaverick

said by JB9:

You'll learn to be selfish against people you don't know. I've been burned too many damn times in this game being nice. Passing items only to be not given the same courtesy later.

I share your sentiment. I am to the point now where I roll for offspec on LFR on things I would actually use. I have yet to win. But I do pass on things I would never use. For instance, my main is a resto/mental shammy so litterally any caster gear (minus cloth, leather and swords) are fair game. But I will not roll on agi mail becuase the roll is open to me simply because I know I iwll never even equip it.
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
Houma, LA

cigtyme

I know i should just say screw it NEED on all of it. Just something inside will not let me do it. Call me a pansy or whatever. I cannot bring myself to need on something i clearly do not need. Hell i feel bad need for multiple of the same item.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to JB9

Premium Member

to JB9
said by JB9:

This. I actually check people that win gear, and 9/10 times they either have the same piece of gear or better. I don't say anything because rng is rng. The funny thing is those that switch their gear around right after/before the roll.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to cigtyme

Premium Member

to cigtyme
said by cigtyme:

I know i should just say screw it NEED on all of it. Just something inside will not let me do it. Call me a pansy or whatever. I cannot bring myself to need on something i clearly do not need.

Right there with ya. Only I don't feel bad about rolling for each individual item (even if it drops 3 of the same). If I win more than one, I'll hand it over to the next highest roll and move on.

Treebark
Premium Member
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC

Treebark to cigtyme

Premium Member

to cigtyme
Screw that Cig, no one else is going to be courteous, need all and pass it to a guildy if you don't need it. roll tide?