Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to djlar

Premium Member

to djlar

Re: [Raiding] LFR asshattery

nice. a note on healers in LFR:
if you have 6 solid healers... 2 of them will look like crap on some fights (spine is the worst for this, morchock and zon'ozz can be bad)... because there simply isn't enough dmg to go around.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

that's traditionally my role; lowest healer, because a). holy priest and b). everyone else is like "HOLY SHIT GUYS AT 95% BOMB HEALING TOUCH"

I do well on Yor'sahj. On Zon'ozz half the time I go around and bounce the ball because wtf else am I going to do?

The0_o
join:2011-06-15
Silver Spring, MD

The0_o

Another Week, another Run with mixed reults.

Hunter
Fall - Gunship
Super smooth gunship. adds where getting rocked, the Drake who's name sounds like a STD didnt get a chance to launch 3 of her AOES.

A fully decked out hunter wins the legs tokens and bitchs about the belt not dropping. he then opens a trade with me and passes it.

DK
Fall - Spine - Madness
DPS Starts off derping out we get 2 Amags running around. tanks are kiting both around so both get up to 7 stacks. We get the plate up and the other amag gets 2 more stacks and starts casting , Plate seals up and we have to start over again.

also note, that this happened Twice (on the first and second plate).....

Madness
DPS Starts off derping out again, not switching to adds. RL is going nuts posting in /RA. on the last limb, limb goes down with only 1 tank, 3 healers, and 3 dps alive.

WIPE

However on spine 2 STR trinkets (Eye) and 2 plate DPS shoulders drop. i win one of the shoulders and was willing to trade it for a trinket, the pally that won it (was fully pvp gear) wont not trade it for anything. so i gave it to him.

I like to see people not fold under pressure. plus i already had the shoulders
Cornat
join:2011-10-17
Kelowna, BC

Cornat to Immer

to Immer
said by Immer:

if you have 6 solid healers... 2 of them will look like crap on some fights (spine is the worst for this, morchock and zon'ozz can be bad)... because there simply isn't enough dmg to go around.

When I bring my resto druid in, I set auto-follow to another healer and go afk on Spine lol. Morchock I dps, as resto. When I go on my Shammy I just go ele and toss out a healing surge if someone is getting low.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Cornat:

said by Immer:

When I bring my resto druid in, I set auto-follow to another healer and go afk on Spine

yikes. at least use mushrooms to dps the bloods... do something man...
Cornat
join:2011-10-17
Kelowna, BC

Cornat

said by Immer:

said by Cornat:

said by Immer:

When I bring my resto druid in, I set auto-follow to another healer and go afk on Spine

yikes. at least use mushrooms to dps the bloods... do something man...

I do. I go have a shit or dishes or something haha. Spine on LFR can be 8 manned. It takes no firepower at all. All it takes is cordination. Bliz designed it as such. If it took coordination AND firepower, well, thats what you do Normals for.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Cornat:

I do. I go have a shit or dishes or something haha. Spine on LFR can be 8 manned. It takes no firepower at all. All it takes is cordination. Bliz designed it as such. If it took coordination AND firepower, well, thats what you do Normals for.

I know it's not your intention, but it is this type of commentary on LFR that leads to more headaches. the mechanics of Spine are simple. When the tanks and dps do their jobs well, you can 2 heal it. If the hideous gets to 9 stacks at 90% health... it takes 4 healers to keep the tank up. If dps kill extra tentacles, it gets ugly. If the dps snoozes through tendons because "this is all lol-eazy" then you have to start over on a new hideous. having to repeat a simple fight, because of selfish stupidity is far more tedious than sitting through a five minute fight... once.

The0_o
Silver Spring, MD

2 edits

The0_o

Another Week, another round of asshattery.

So I Q'ed for Fall of Deathwing and i noticed i have enough Valor to get the non-tier helm, i also noticed i still have a PVP helm on so i buy it and hope that i can get a token drop so i can return it. so as i am browsing the AH the Q pops..

1) Tanks couldn't figure out how to taunt down the drakes, so 2 of our druid HEALERS switch to bear form to help them out. this lends to a few deaths since Derps dont know to move out of the fire.

2) Random ass mage then /w me saying that some shaman is trying to get me kicked. So i attemp to vote kick the shaman but Fight starts.

3) Lootship goes smoothly and the hunter/shaman/warrior Helm token drops and a shaman (we had 8 BTW) wins it. I ask her for it (Since she already has a 5 piece Set) and she argees. Some asshat starts spines and ....

4) Random ass mage (now a troll) then starts nuked all the tenacles while asking for help. we get 1 plate off and wipe while attemping the second. we had 2 amals running around with 5+ stacks one-shotting everyone.

5) We rez, boot the mage, and i open a trade with the shaman for the token, she then states that i already have a 397 piece so i dont need the token........

I try to explain that i litteraly just bought it (still have over an hour left to return it) to replace a PVP helm i had on and the token piece would give me my 2 SET bonus.

Shaman doesn't reply........

So a lighter Note. later than evening i did a Random HOT heroic and ended up with my favorite, End Time.

Someone posted both Dps and a Damage taken Meter.

Top Dps
ME (18k)
Lock (17k)
DK Tank (12k)
Warrior DPS (8k)
Healer (3k)

Most Damage Taken
Warrior DPS (almost 3x times the tank)
DK Tank
Lock
Healer
ME

Made me smile after a shitty LFR.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

yeah, that sucks. That's why I won't do the whole "borrow a valor piece" for LFR... they can't see the light blue warranty on your item. i have done it for normal raids, though, where I can plead my case should the need arise.

last night's LFR we had several dps afk from the neck up, and we 4-healed it. I was tanking on my DK and saw myself at #5 in healing done, our pally tank was at #6. It was one of those "only 5 dps left standing when dw goes down" kinda wins.... horribly sloppy.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

Last night was the wife's birthday, so I was busy or I'd have been at least #4 on the healing meters!

Woohoo for low bars.

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw to The0_o

Premium Member

to The0_o
I've had pretty good luck in the LFR's so far. My benchmark is my old days as a raider. In those days I would often go weeks without winning a single piece of gear, particularly in the 40 man days. Now, in every LFR ive done so far, we've cleared the instance, and I've ended up with at least one drop, most the time two.

Just last week when I thought I had done my first LFR without a new shiny, after killing the last boss, a random moonkin opens a trade window and gives me two upgrades I had not asked for. It was really cool of him/her.

Yes it is easy loot, and it is nothing like real raiding. But, its still fun and I think a good addition to the game.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

Maybe it was me... LOL

I give tons of gear to deserving people

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw to The0_o

Premium Member

to The0_o
If it was then thanks!!

Draakas
My YOLO has so much SWAG
join:2010-02-19

Draakas to The0_o

to The0_o
Omfg!!! LOL!
I've experienced ALL of these!!! Godamn noobs. The control of kicks and loot is bull. You know those noobs that DON'T run to the orb on Morchok? Those idiots that run 'towards' the Ice Spike on Hagara, kill amaglamation to early, stand near it when it blows up, don't kill bloods, OR!!!! (your gonna love this) those asshats that are priests, and get mad or something, and decide to jump off boat or spineand Leap of Faith another healer or a tank! Bastards! Press the button? Are they retarded? It's nt just there for decoration, noobs. Also the people that DON'T go to Onslaught, omfg.
/end rant

Arthritis
join:2011-10-20
Canada

Arthritis to The0_o

to The0_o
I started doing LFR again the last two week's, this time solo que'ing and maybe it was just good luck / RNG / karma / whatever, I was able to clear both with no wipes in under an hour each week.

In both weeks in LFR I actually enjoyed the fun, loose style alt runs used to be. Lots of good natured jokes, random insanity and a few laughs.

This surprised me greatly, as I had pretty low expectations going in.

Small sample size to be sure, but the quality of raiding actually improved since I last ran it regularly a while ago. One caveat however, in both times it was during the day on EST servers and I believe this made a difference.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to The0_o

Premium Member

to The0_o
Did one a couple days ago with two thing interesting happening:
First was a hunter than won an agi trinket (only thing I really cared about getting for kitty) and immediately started whispering me to trade him if I win pole arm. I planned to pass on the weapon as I already had it. I receive no less than 15 tells for the duration of the run, each time reminding me to trade. (I did offer a solution, in which I dropped group for the trinket, he didn't buy it). Weapon didn't drop, but the guy actually traded me the trinket anyways. That helped.

Next was a frost DK pulling 7k (yes as in pre ICC damage) on madness. Once I busted him out in raid chat (due to kitty tanking a tentacle for about 5 sec then dead kitty) the DK got to 11k, but was still way low. I saw he was doing more than just auto-swinging, but goodness, I didn't think anyone could go that low.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain

I did a Seige yesterday and went a little asshat on everyone.

Need rolled everything I could.

Won some shoulders I don't need and a decent trinket. Didn't have the opportunity to trade away the shoulders for a tier piece, obviously. I was however, offered a tier piece for the trinket, which I politely declined. Gearing my offspec is proving to be difficult.
djlar

djlar to stvnbrs

to stvnbrs
Almost half the damage on Madness will come from the arcane thingy you are charged from Kalecgos, so he basically was doing 3.5k - 5.5K.. pathetic.. a DK with a dnd on adds does tons of damage.. (or Howling blast if frost)

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

I can't wait to do Madness on my Enh Shaman. Magma Totem + Flame Shock + Lava Lash + Fire Nova. Yessir.

CpnObvious
join:2010-05-05
Alexandria, VA

1 edit

CpnObvious

A mage in full time lord and with 397 weapon won 2 tier tokens and a weapon in my LFR run today, which was annoying, since he clearly didn't need any of 'em. More annoying, my own mage *tied* him on one of the token rolls- and my mage has NO tier- and the token went to the guy who already has the 397 tier piece equipped.

He apparently gave the pieces away to another mage at the end of the run... which is all well and good- but I'm smarting over the piece he didn't outroll me on, but the game awarded him in a tiebreak.

Apparently "need" includes the right to play loot distributor.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Tie breaks are rerolled behind the scenes. I actually got a Needy achievement on an alt that way, but lost the roll overall so I did not get the item.

How's that for programming.

Also, this might be obvious but CPN SIGHTED

CpnObvious
join:2010-05-05
Alexandria, VA

CpnObvious

...'this might be obvious'... oh, the agony.

Arthritis
join:2011-10-20
Canada

Arthritis to CpnObvious

to CpnObvious
said by CpnObvious:

Apparently "need" includes the right to play loot distributor.

I'm seeing a lot of this in LFR lately, as I'm queing solo.

People are all rolling need on every single item they can, for what seems like:

1. A tradeable piece they can use to get what they actually want.
2. To shard. You want to see a place go apeshit, watch someone shard a need role.
3. To play loot distributor as they see fit (either solo or guild, and yes I participated in this in the past with my guild and I'm feeling the other side of it. Karma's a bitch..lol)
4. They actually need the item.

There definitely has to be some built in logic on loot distribution, and this would definitely help what is turning out to be a great feature in my mind, namely LFR.

I know last night a very solid run nearly went off the rails because of some problem with druids and the system not being able to differentiate between roles etc, and someone won an item they probably shouldn't have. Can't be more specific as I went for a coffee.

One bit of asshatery I'm seenig is people initiating vote kicks on everyone in their class prior to bosses that drop a particular piece they want. Honest to God, There was one Shammy that initated kicks on every other ele shammy in the group, and the resto's as well....tried to get 5 booted. I couldn't believe it. One ele in partiuclar was ripping the meters to shreds.

The0_o
Silver Spring, MD

The0_o

Another week another ass.

In fall of DW again, tanks once again, have no idea how to taunt down drakes, Me (on my hunter) and a Druid DPS are pulling them down....

DW drops the Agi Staff and a Moonkin wins it and drops group....

I need to start rolling with the guild again.
djlar

djlar to Arthritis

to Arthritis
I'll say they should make most of the gear unique when possible, so if you have it equipped or in bags you can't loot it..

All except dual wieldable weapons, that's it...

Yeah tier tokens would be up for grabs anyway..

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

This whole thing stinks of the frozen orb debacle in WotLK.

My first few trips through LFR I was pretty honest and not greedy. I wouldn't need on an item unless it was an upgrade and only if it was a "decent" one meaning no +5 haste kind of "upgrade."

Then I realized (as people started /w me) that everyone I was running with wasn't playing in the same loot system I was. Now I do the same damn thing because if I don't, the chances of me getting the upgrades are next to nothing.

I *always* give out the pieces I won and don't "need" and never roll need on something just to shard it.

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

I've seen a lot of kick votes for people "Needing" things that aren't designed for their class, healing cloaks for DPS casters and such.

I did lose a roll to an enchanter who had the same piece of gear equiped. That just ticked me off. Maybe you shouldn't be allowed to DE something that you rolled Need on.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

said by Kilroy:

Maybe you shouldn't be allowed to DE something that you rolled Need on.

Why not?

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Kilroy

to Kilroy
If a DPS caster is rolling need on a healing cloak they won't get the +100 roll bonus for it...thereby making it impossible for them to win it over a healer.

Unless, of course, they are a sPriest, Boomkin, or Ele Shaman, in which case that "healer" cloak could be just as good for them, if not better.

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to drew

MVM

to drew
said by drew:

said by Kilroy:

Maybe you shouldn't be allowed to DE something that you rolled Need on.

Why not?

To prevent enchanters from rolling need on things just to DE for mats. Don't get me wrong, I have an enchanter, but if I'm just going to DE it, I roll DE with everyone else. If you want to DE it, you ned to roll DE.