share rss forum feed

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA
kudos:1
reply to JB

Re: [Raiding] LFR asshattery

I understand, but if one person became more courteous each loot rool, slowly the game would become better?

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
reply to Osirusdatank
said by Osirusdatank:

Seems like most of the stuff you mentioned can be dealt with by either trying to kick the offending player or quitting the group yourself.

Except that you're punished if you kick idiots all of the time. My kick time for my Paladin tank is four hours because I don't put up with people not pulling their weight. I don't care if you don't know the fights, speak up, we all had to learn some time. The idiots who think they can learn on the fly are great. Got into a Blackrock group where three people died on the first boss the first time we got chained. They broke the chains and then beat on the boss. Next pull goes fine. Then we get to the second boss and two people just stand in the beam until mutated. Oh well, time to drop group and go quest for a few minutes. It is like that for me all weekend. On the rare occassion I get a decent group, normally early morning before 8:00 a.m. eastern, things go great.
--
When will the people realize that with DRM they aren't purchasing anything?

navymaverick

join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE
kudos:3
reply to Aybl
Well Aybl, I saw that and I understand. My "stolen" remark was more in general. It does piss me off to someone take something I or anyone else needs and litterally leave group laughing at us like an elitist when all he/she did was win a random roll.

Too bad there are not lightside/darkside points to be earned...

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
said by navymaverick:

Too bad there are not lightside/darkside points to be earned...

Listening to Daniel Suarez's Daemon and Freedom TM and think the D-space reputation ratings would be a cool thing to see. Kind of like the Gear Score add in where you can vote people up and down.
--
When will the people realize that with DRM they aren't purchasing anything?

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to cigtyme
You'll learn to be selfish against people you don't know. I've been burned too many damn times in this game being nice. Passing items only to be not given the same courtesy later.
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

navymaverick

join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE
said by JB:

You'll learn to be selfish against people you don't know. I've been burned too many damn times in this game being nice. Passing items only to be not given the same courtesy later.

I share your sentiment. I am to the point now where I roll for offspec on LFR on things I would actually use. I have yet to win. But I do pass on things I would never use. For instance, my main is a resto/mental shammy so litterally any caster gear (minus cloth, leather and swords) are fair game. But I will not roll on agi mail becuase the roll is open to me simply because I know I iwll never even equip it.

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA
I know i should just say screw it NEED on all of it. Just something inside will not let me do it. Call me a pansy or whatever. I cannot bring myself to need on something i clearly do not need. Hell i feel bad need for multiple of the same item.

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5
reply to JB
said by JB:

This. I actually check people that win gear, and 9/10 times they either have the same piece of gear or better. I don't say anything because rng is rng. The funny thing is those that switch their gear around right after/before the roll.

--
I am stating my opinion. Obviously you don't like it. Honestly, I don't care.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to cigtyme
said by cigtyme:

I know i should just say screw it NEED on all of it. Just something inside will not let me do it. Call me a pansy or whatever. I cannot bring myself to need on something i clearly do not need.

Right there with ya. Only I don't feel bad about rolling for each individual item (even if it drops 3 of the same). If I win more than one, I'll hand it over to the next highest roll and move on.
--
Immergruen (resto/kitty) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego
"You never truly know someone... until you fight them"

Treebark
Premium
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC
reply to cigtyme
Screw that Cig, no one else is going to be courteous, need all and pass it to a guildy if you don't need it. roll tide?

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
reply to The0_o
Roll Droppers are what need to be taken care of.

These are people that roll need and then drop raid. what happens during such an event is that if they win the loot it sits on the boss. However it never unlocks and goes to waste.

The game should do some kind of check in that if someone rolls and then exits the raid their roll is automatically tossed out.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

Beardsley

join:2008-11-27
Had my first lfr kick last night. We were on spine, we all stopped dps waiting for stacks bar a hunter and a mage. Few people telling them both to stop, the mage did but the hunter continued. As a result hes top of the DPS with 25k, I'm second with 20k (had been doing 30k over previous 2 bosses so its obvious I've stopped DPSing). Then some genius says in raid chat '2 hunters top of the DPS, kick them both after the fight', I protest my innocence. We finish the fight and we're both kicked from the group, kicked for doing too much dps, I was livid.

I looked through recount, found someone on my server and sent him the following:

'Can you tell those pricks they need to learn to watch the fight instead of watching recount, or at least learn how to read recount properly.'

I got an auto reply from DBM that hes in a fight (1 person short incidentally), followed a few minutes later by another DBM message saying they'd wiped. I did chuckle

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to The0_o
HRRRMmmmm....I say we all run together and then lets see who is the lootwhore in this thread! lol.

The0_o

join:2011-06-15
Silver Spring, MD
reply to Beardsley
Another example of Deeps Derping Out last night.

We had 2 rogues, a DK and a RESTO druid that would not get off the boss in madness. We wiped on the last limb because they bought the boss low enough that :

He spawned the blood adds, while the tenacle in the back was up, a bolt was still alive and the limb tenacles was going to town on us.

They then had the nerve to post recount and spam that they are the top 2 dps so everyone can STFU.

Worst part is we couldn't kick them because they had 10+ members of their guild with them (they however were not derping out).
--
"There is no good. No Evil. No Light. There is only PIE"

tuladrin

@idv.net
reply to The0_o
I got into it with a gm over this guild stacking thing in lfr25. 3 weeks in a row I get into a "random" lfr25 and they were all guild runs, one was 24 of 25. In those 3 runs, 5 wraths drop. I am 2nd highest roll 4 of the five, on each of them the winner already had it and was from the guild, stood there and watched them hand it to a roll loser from their guild. This is complete and utter BS, told the gm so, they wanted to argue back about blizz policy. I stated "stick your blizz policy up your ___, if you want to know why you are losing customers, look no further

tuladrin

@idv.net
reply to The0_o
I would also like to note when I calmed down, I thought ban hammer was coming for going off on a gm, but apparently, they well know it is complete and utter BS because nothing was done to me.

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA
Hey Tul, maybe our 2 guilds should do a run on tuesdays. Don't you have toons in like 17 guilds.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to tuladrin
Its no different from getting pulled into an LFD with 4 members of a guild. Blizz isn't going to do anything more about it... they've adjusted vtk (behind the scenes) to avoid some abuse... and if you win the roll there is nothing the asshats can do about it. Now, if they win the roll... you've already lost.

Learn to identify lots of people from the same server and just drop group if the group seems "stacked".
--
Immergruen (resto/kitty) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego
"You never truly know someone... until you fight them"

tuladrin

@idv.net
reply to The0_o
Cig I would but that guild I inherited is dead in the water atm (to much time spent on to many toons) and Immergruen that is the policy I started this week, once I enter a LFR I check to see what guilds people are from, if more than 3 I drop and try again. Just need a dang trinket because group I run with is stuck on the ship . Then no more LFR25 for that toon

CpnObvious

join:2010-05-05
Alexandria, VA
reply to The0_o
said by The0_o:

It just not right to jack something i already have when i play a pure Dps class. Someone can use it for so much more.

Not to mention trading items doesn't work half the damn time, as it can get confused by the "no longer eligible for loot off that boss" lockout and claim the recipient isn't eligible for the item.
--
"Hunters are SOL, but that's normal." -Nickdres

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
reply to The0_o
said by The0_o:

We wiped on the last limb because they bought the boss low enough that :

He spawned the blood adds, while the tenacle in the back was up,

We have had this problem in our 10 man, because we have to slow dps as to not push the wing 80% before the tentacle spawns...

Thank goodness the NErfs wont affect LFR, or they would probably actually make the raid harder for stuff like that..

Widgit

@comcast.net
reply to tuladrin
Do you really think that to be a GM you need to be a Blizz employee? Are you really that dumb?

Goodmongo

join:2011-10-21
Schaumburg, IL
said by Widgit :

Do you really think that to be a GM you need to be a Blizz employee? Are you really that dumb?

You may not have to be a real employee but you are at least contracting to do what Blizz wants when you take ont he role of a GM. GM's work at the discretion and according to the rules set down by Blizzard. Surely you aren't dumb to think that game masters can do whatever they want.

EDIT: Or did you think GM in his post meant guild master?

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
said by Goodmongo:

EDIT: Or did you think GM in his post meant guild master?

This ^ is my guess.

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to The0_o
You forgot:

- Pulling bosses without being ready or full group there are plenty of those around... pulling DW with 3 healers and/or 1 tank usually the norm..

- Even worse, the crappiest of the crap.. pullling boss like above and immediatly leaving group.. I caught one guy doing that and reported him.. IDK if Blizz did anything to him..

Right now is 90% arsehattery and 10% nice people.. have been granted some pieces when I saw someone win 2 of the same or something else they had equipped. and politely asking them to pass it.. which they did.

Maybe the rarest of the rare: asked a person if he could spare a Tier helm since he was decked in i397's also Tier.. he answered that's he's going to see what else drops to maybe trade. I gave up on that.. raid ended, left group dissapointed and all.. he was on my same realm, whispered me and gave me the T13 piece afterwards.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
reply to The0_o
I've yet to do LFR. But now ya'll be scaring me. This is why I mainly PvP.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
For a good first experience, do it Tuesday or Wednesday late-ish. That's when the raiders hit it up for capping their VPs. Runs are very sauce.

The0_o

join:2011-06-15
Silver Spring, MD
said by Nick D:

For a good first experience, do it Tuesday or Wednesday late-ish. That's when the raiders hit it up for capping their VPs. Runs are very sauce.

This is true however with that awesome super smooth near flawless run you get a Raid full of guildmembers that will take everything.

Smooth run but no loot OR half-arse runs with a chance of loot.

The third option would be to guild stack. it makes the run smooth if you get 10+ people who know what to do and will need loot in your name.
--
"There is no good. No Evil. No Light. There is only PIE"

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
I'm a lucky guy who never had guild issues (and the most I've queued with guild wise is 3). I just get a lot of OP people on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

By Monday my 373 geared alts are winning the meters and the tanks are wiping us on Ultraxion repeatedly.

Arthritis

join:2011-10-20
Canada
reply to The0_o
I know we do LFR as a guild on Tuesday nights, and we do guild stack with at least 8 - 10 +. Doing so actually makes for an insta que on our server, which is awesome in itself when you consider it's a 25 man raid (sorta).

1-3 of that group is usually the stragglers with no RNG luck we're trying to help gear, as most of us don't need anything but the points.

But we will all need on absolutely anything a guildie needs to improve their chances of getting it. Mostly it's on token pieces. The trade off is generally a very smooth and easy run.

Does that make us asshats? Probably, but I do think everyone wins in most cases as your getting free points and 1/2 the raid isn't rolling on most 384 stuff. In addition, we have a pretty patient group that will gladly explain / lead in fight mechanics for everyone's benefits.