share rss forum feed

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to djlar

Re: [Raiding] LFR asshattery

I never queue as heals. Ever. I queued as dps. That's why I thought sarcastically that it was awesome that I got an instant queue both times.

I apologize for my tardy replies. I'm at the dentist's office posting from my phone with poor signal.
--
Mcbrain, Goblin Shadow Priest, [Collapse], Kil'Jaeden

navymaverick

join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE
kudos:3
reply to The0_o

I concur

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to McBrain

12 Weeks doing LFR on several toons I've never gotten an instant queue as a DPS.. heck I never gotten and insta Q as a tank (i've been getting 25mins as a tank lately).

As healer I often get insta queues but to in-progress LFRs..

Takes several tries to get a fresh one..

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor

Both were in progress. First one was on their third attempt at Madness, second one was on last trash pack before first boss. I'll be honest that I didn't elect DPS as my role, only because it is automatically populated, I was in my Shadow spec, and HAVE NEVER queued as heals before. I guess there is a slight possibility that somehow I was queued as heals, but I was completely and honestly oblivious to the fact if that was the case. If by some strange occurrence this is what happened, then yes, in fact, it is I who was the asshat.

I think that scenario is highly unlikely, but stranger things have happened. It's weird that I didn't hear any complaints and there were no issues in the second run, where I did nothing different in the queueing process. So I would assume that I was queued as the same role in both, be it DPS or heals.
--

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1

Elitist.

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
reply to The0_o

Who cares.. LFR is easily solo tankable and 2-3 healable.. Occasionally someone in my guild will want to stack a token for their alt, so usually 6-10 of us will tag along all on that token. We usually take the tank and healing spots if possible.

our second tank always jsut goes dps and as long as 2 of our group are healing well have 1-3 of our healers go dps, we never wipe doing this in LFR, but some people will RAGE...

I really don't understand people, regardless of their role they are doing they que'ed as X, they arent rolling on anything other than tokens anyway. So yes the rager may get douched out of a token, but thats it. If its a trinket, we take all of the healing/ dps spots so how are people queed as dps that are dpsing whining that they lose a healing trinket to someone queued as a healer that is dpsing and cant win dps loot???

TL:DR My guild occasionally stacks groups, makes the runs go really fast and don't roll on gear and people still cry...

navymaverick

join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE
kudos:3

1 recommendation

said by Arsinic:

Who cares.. LFR is easily solo tankable and 2-3 healable..

It matters if you have already wiped 2 or 3 times. Obviously that specific make up and skill pool has to heal/tank/DPS according to assigned rolls. If you are overgeared and can do it with your eyes closed it does not matter. McBrain's group was already having difficulty so yes, they needed full heals and tanks doing what they qued to do.

Arthritis

join:2011-10-20
Canada
reply to McBrain

said by McBrain:

I never queue as heals. Ever. I queued as dps. That's why I thought sarcastically that it was awesome that I got an instant queue both times.

I apologize for my tardy replies. I'm at the dentist's office posting from my phone with poor signal.

I gothcha, again wasnt trying to be an ass or start a shitstorm but was just curious.

Those guys were definitely retards in your situation, and I honestly think people just press the yes button on vote kicks with blank expressions and drool running

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
reply to McBrain

said by McBrain:

said by djlar:

Daggers are for the lazy/poor rogues (probably poor because being lazy) that would need them..

I assumed someone else would speak in my defense since I already stated what I would contribute, and actually followed through with it. No one said shit, and I found myself being porter to Org shortly after.

and this is why I always "speak up" in /rsay... in LFR. My guildies always make fun of me in vent... "dang immer... you just can't resist speaking up, can you?".... it's a curse.
--
Immergruen (resto/kitty) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

than/then | to/two/too | A lot (notice the space in there) | you/your/you're

The0_o

join:2011-06-15
Silver Spring, MD
reply to The0_o

I had a few Instant - less than a minute Queues, But has alwasy been a run inprogess and always for a Madness run that has wiped a few times.

I q'ed for Siege and right in before the pull (Warlord) my 1 year daughter who was messing with the Xbox, got into my movies and hit play on "IT" (demon clown movie from the mid 80s), and she shit herself.

So i go into daddy mode and calm her down and clean her up. by the time i get back to the fight. warlord was at 2%. so i post
" Sorry guys am back, my kid just scared the shit out of herself and had to clean her up".

This DK then starts raging on how i need to do more DPS than the tank , I should be kicked , Scrub , Noob, blah blah blah. (note: I was 4th on DPS on the first boss).

So i do what all the lazy ass slackers do to skate. I didnt roll on any loot i dont need and start chain pulling adds.

I May have been an asshat, but its a game. My kid comes first
--
"There is no good. No Evil. No Light. There is only PIE"

djlar

TMI TMI!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
reply to The0_o

said by The0_o:

agreed your kid should always come first. Once your kid was cleaned up... there was no need to become the asshat yourself. A simple /ignore and drive on would have sufficed, IMO.

I hate clowns... and tape 1 (it used to be a 2 tape set... dating myself) made him seriously creepy/scary. I hope she recovers from that garbage quickly.
--

The0_o

join:2011-06-15
Silver Spring, MD

said by Immer:

said by The0_o:

agreed your kid should always come first. Once your kid was cleaned up... there was no need to become the asshat yourself. A simple /ignore and drive on would have sufficed, IMO.

I hate clowns... and tape 1 (it used to be a 2 tape set... dating myself) made him seriously creepy/scary. I hope she recovers from that garbage quickly.

I was pissed and didnt want to spent another 20 mins waiting for a queue to pop, i overreacted,

She's fine, an hour later she put on the xbox using the controller, found the movie again and was laughing/yelling at it while dancing.

My kids are weird.
--
"There is no good. No Evil. No Light. There is only PIE"

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
reply to Immer

said by Immer:

I hate clowns... and tape 1 (it used to be a 2 tape set... dating myself) made him seriously creepy/scary.

Tim Curry did a great job on that part.
--
When will the people realize that with DRM they aren't purchasing anything?

djlar

Had a weird experience last night, i went with my Spriest, i384 (no 4 piece bonus), did 30K on Ultraxion (I was somehow the best on the list), no biggie, someone dropped a feast and a cauldron! like what? he said he had dozens of cauldrons on his bags.. so OK.. we'll take it..

Group was OK first 2 bosses (I also did top DPS on warmaster at 25K), then a couple of arsehats hunters were killing all the corruptions on spine, after repeateadly being told to stop, too many amalgs = wipe, we kicked them both out, 2 new replacements and continued on with no problems.

Somehow I did 2.6M damage to the tendons.. like what? I don't do that on my i400 rogue! LOL

On madness I did 61K, also way above my rogue, I guess spell-weave was proccing a lot..

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

gratz.

Pali

join:2009-09-02
reply to The0_o

Finished Deathwing last night on LFR. After the loot was given out the Paladin that won the 2 hander sword writes "if anyone wants this weapon then let me know, I only rolled to see if I would win" Of course everyone that wanted it had left already.

This just about sums it up. Go in with no expectations of winning any lootz and you won't be disappointed.

djlar

reply to Immer

Well out of the 8/8 bosses there was no priest tier drops, we were 6 priests 2 locks 4 pallies, 6,3,3 on the other run, so half the raid was very unhappy with the RNG.

I need either shoulder or legs and the staff, or cunning of the cruel.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
reply to Pali

said by Pali:

This just about sums it up. Go in with no expectations of winning any lootz and you won't be disappointed.

and why you shouldn't be in a huge hurry to leave after loot. give it a minute. that's how I got my weapon. =)

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
reply to djlar

All this says is that SP's scale much better with haste than a rogue.
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to djlar

said by djlar:

Had a weird experience last night, i went with my Spriest, i384 (no 4 piece bonus)...On madness I did 61K, also way above my rogue, I guess spell-weave was proccing a lot..

>80% haste for 3/4 of Madness is why your sPriest was ballin' out. Plus the opportunity to DoT multiple targets. Like I said before, I do a good bit over 70k on that fight in LFR...substantially lower in a normal raid, ~48-50k.

And the verdict is still out on sPriest 4 piece for me. I very rarely change my rotation for the bonus, and when I do, I don't notice any markable gain in DPS. The times I do change it for the 4 piece bonus is when I need to burst oozes, burning tendons, blistering tentacles, or elementium bolts. It's really only worth adjusting when your Fiend is out, and the chances that it lines up with those isntances aren't very good. Even with the bonus I believe it is still a DPS loss to not use Fiend on CD.
--

djlar

Multi dot adds on Madness? rofl.. just mind sear them.. (there's no time to have the dots run off before adds die)..

On burning tendons is mind spike mind blast combos, you'll rip'em appart..

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor

said by djlar:

Multi dot adds on Madness? rofl.. just mind sear them.. (there's no time to have the dots run off before adds die)..

On burning tendons is mind spike mind blast combos, you'll rip'em appart..

Multi DoT Corruptions and Wing Tentacles...not Bloods, Tendons or Elementium Bolts. To do this you have to stand apart from the group a little, but honestly, it's LFR and you can ignore a lot of mechanics that you can't in regular.

At any given point I can have SW:P and VT on two extra targets while maintaining my normal rotation on whatever the main target is and Mind Searing the tank during Hemo or Mind Spike/Blasting the Elementium Bolts.

And Spike/Blasting the Tendons usually doesn't work too well, since they have like 300k health. I usually go Spike, Spike, SW:D then they are dead.

rofl..
--

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to The0_o

my foray into LFR the other day, everything goes well, no wipes up to Madness, /sigh , get through all the platforms to the fourth. Off tank decides to not taunt of tent, frost dk and me , on my pally, one shot dead. raid then goes to skull, see in raid chat "dont aoe the blisters" guess what the metre humping jackasses did. so second try, again all platforms are good get to skull, guess what is said in raid chat AGAIN.

half the raid dies to blisters, then healers oom and wipe 2 is done.so after rl kicking the bottom dps which i think we had 4 ppl doing 12k, really yes really cym, we get some more players and this time we down it. all in all it was fun and ill go back, but ffs if you dont know enough to know that you dont know, listen to the ppl that have been there before.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
I've lost the bleeps, I've lost the creeps and I've lost the sweeps.

djlar

Went on my Boomking to LFR, first wing I ripped everyone appart on DPS, sadly I was denied the caster trinket, some 10K dps mage won it..

Second wing almost the same, came close 2nd on Ultraxion, won on Warmaster, Spine I did the most dps on tendons and close second on madness. which the kill was epic, due to low dpsers in raid we struggled hugely on 4th platform, 12 people died due to blisterings, the I bressed one of the top DPSers, so with 15 people we downed him, it took almost to the enrage counter but we did it.. (some morons that died on 4th platform left raid.. muahaha).

Aybl

@xo.net

Spine, another caster wins the trinket and then announces he made a mistake and doesn't need it, asks who wants it. I did, asked for it, he gave it to me and I was thrilled! I'd been having a run of terrible rolls on several toons.

A couple minutes later he sends me a /w saying someone is willing to trade him a tier piece for it and asked for it back....

Damn...

I gave it back and thanked him anyway. Oh well, next week...

JB
Stay Gold
Premium

Your first mistake was giving him back the trinket.
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

said by JB:

Your first mistake was giving him back the trinket.

I disagree. Aybl was being a gracious recipient of a gift. The gift-giver shamed himself by asking for the gift back. I hope you get your trinket soon.

djlar

You could say the same about his tier piece, he could get it later also.. why is you the one that has to wait.. and why did he "innocently" rolled need on it?

Was his initial intention to give it up or trade it?

Man if I was in your shoes I'll walk out with the trinket...

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

said by djlar:

You could say the same about his tier piece, he could get it later also..

no. RNG granted the other dude the trinket (weighted result, but determined by RNG). The other dude had an opportunity to be gracious... he fell short. Aybl was also afforded the opportunity to be gracious, and succeeded. Don't judge Aybl too harshly for being stronger in character than you would be in his shoes.

No matter how you slice it, "I'mma get minez" is always moral weakness. Many here would argue that because this is a game there is no room for measuring the character of a player. I simply disagree.
--