McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to djlar

Re: [Raiding] LFR asshattery

said by djlar:

Had a weird experience last night, i went with my Spriest, i384 (no 4 piece bonus)...On madness I did 61K, also way above my rogue, I guess spell-weave was proccing a lot..

>80% haste for 3/4 of Madness is why your sPriest was ballin' out. Plus the opportunity to DoT multiple targets. Like I said before, I do a good bit over 70k on that fight in LFR...substantially lower in a normal raid, ~48-50k.

And the verdict is still out on sPriest 4 piece for me. I very rarely change my rotation for the bonus, and when I do, I don't notice any markable gain in DPS. The times I do change it for the 4 piece bonus is when I need to burst oozes, burning tendons, blistering tentacles, or elementium bolts. It's really only worth adjusting when your Fiend is out, and the chances that it lines up with those isntances aren't very good. Even with the bonus I believe it is still a DPS loss to not use Fiend on CD.
--
Mcbrain, Goblin Shadow Priest, [Collapse], Kil'Jaeden

djlar

join:2009-04-23
Multi dot adds on Madness? rofl.. just mind sear them.. (there's no time to have the dots run off before adds die)..

On burning tendons is mind spike mind blast combos, you'll rip'em appart..

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
said by djlar:

Multi dot adds on Madness? rofl.. just mind sear them.. (there's no time to have the dots run off before adds die)..

On burning tendons is mind spike mind blast combos, you'll rip'em appart..

Multi DoT Corruptions and Wing Tentacles...not Bloods, Tendons or Elementium Bolts. To do this you have to stand apart from the group a little, but honestly, it's LFR and you can ignore a lot of mechanics that you can't in regular.

At any given point I can have SW:P and VT on two extra targets while maintaining my normal rotation on whatever the main target is and Mind Searing the tank during Hemo or Mind Spike/Blasting the Elementium Bolts.

And Spike/Blasting the Tendons usually doesn't work too well, since they have like 300k health. I usually go Spike, Spike, SW:D then they are dead.

rofl..
--
Mcbrain, Goblin Shadow Priest, [Collapse], Kil'Jaeden

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to The0_o
my foray into LFR the other day, everything goes well, no wipes up to Madness, /sigh , get through all the platforms to the fourth. Off tank decides to not taunt of tent, frost dk and me , on my pally, one shot dead. raid then goes to skull, see in raid chat "dont aoe the blisters" guess what the metre humping jackasses did. so second try, again all platforms are good get to skull, guess what is said in raid chat AGAIN.

half the raid dies to blisters, then healers oom and wipe 2 is done.so after rl kicking the bottom dps which i think we had 4 ppl doing 12k, really yes really cym, we get some more players and this time we down it. all in all it was fun and ill go back, but ffs if you dont know enough to know that you dont know, listen to the ppl that have been there before.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
I've lost the bleeps, I've lost the creeps and I've lost the sweeps.

djlar

Went on my Boomking to LFR, first wing I ripped everyone appart on DPS, sadly I was denied the caster trinket, some 10K dps mage won it..

Second wing almost the same, came close 2nd on Ultraxion, won on Warmaster, Spine I did the most dps on tendons and close second on madness. which the kill was epic, due to low dpsers in raid we struggled hugely on 4th platform, 12 people died due to blisterings, the I bressed one of the top DPSers, so with 15 people we downed him, it took almost to the enrage counter but we did it.. (some morons that died on 4th platform left raid.. muahaha).

Aybl

@xo.net
Spine, another caster wins the trinket and then announces he made a mistake and doesn't need it, asks who wants it. I did, asked for it, he gave it to me and I was thrilled! I'd been having a run of terrible rolls on several toons.

A couple minutes later he sends me a /w saying someone is willing to trade him a tier piece for it and asked for it back....

Damn...

I gave it back and thanked him anyway. Oh well, next week...

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
Your first mistake was giving him back the trinket.
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by JB:

Your first mistake was giving him back the trinket.

I disagree. Aybl was being a gracious recipient of a gift. The gift-giver shamed himself by asking for the gift back. I hope you get your trinket soon.

djlar

You could say the same about his tier piece, he could get it later also.. why is you the one that has to wait.. and why did he "innocently" rolled need on it?

Was his initial intention to give it up or trade it?

Man if I was in your shoes I'll walk out with the trinket...

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by djlar:

You could say the same about his tier piece, he could get it later also..

no. RNG granted the other dude the trinket (weighted result, but determined by RNG). The other dude had an opportunity to be gracious... he fell short. Aybl was also afforded the opportunity to be gracious, and succeeded. Don't judge Aybl too harshly for being stronger in character than you would be in his shoes.

No matter how you slice it, "I'mma get minez" is always moral weakness. Many here would argue that because this is a game there is no room for measuring the character of a player. I simply disagree.
--
Immergruen (resto/kitty) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

than/then | to/two/too | A lot (notice the space in there) | you/your/you're

navymaverick

join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to The0_o
I hear what Immer is saying. Its like, if everyone rolls and you win, no one, not even Immer would fault you for walking away with the loot. But when it was graciously given to you, you would be fine for keeping it when asked to return it. But you would be greater still if you returned the grace with your own grace by handing the item back.

That is kinda why I watch to see who rolls on an item that I would take for offspec. If I am in a 5 man as a healer and a trink with say... int and hit on it drops. I would love to have it for my mental spec. But if the lock and mage need or greed on it, I would be an ass to try and have a go at it too.

Having the ability and having the right may look the same but are sometimes so different. I guess that is what this thread is all about.

Edit: better grammer

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
reply to The0_o
It seems there is a 66% failure rate on LFR Madness nowadays. Get to the fourth platform and BOOM bloods pops and the raid wipes. Why is it that all of a sudden over the past month more and more incompetent players are trickling into this en mass. 3 or 4 baddies is carry-able but when 18 are just pressing Moonfire spam to conquer an encounter it's just....bleh. Also, I hate Ragnaros, Quel'thalas, and Nemesis servers...
--
I'm not loafing. I work so fast I'm always finished.
If idiots could fly, this would be an airport.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
the good players already geared their mains and alts?

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
I suppose. I might just have to abandon all hope of gearing out yet more toons then. I'm an altoholic for no apparent reason. It's been 1 week since my last....1 minute since my last toon.
--
I'm not loafing. I work so fast I'm always finished.
If idiots could fly, this would be an airport.

djlar

I also hate the douchebag that won't switch from the limbs to the corruption, they cause only grief and try to pad their meters..

The limbs start aoeing at 90% and increased aoe damage every 5%, also the corruption is up way more time, by the time it's dead the blood adds are already spawned, also the bolt always explodes.

By the time every add is down the limb is doing massive aoe damage, healers can barely keep up.. each platform makes it worse as buffs are lost, so on the 4th platform with tenticle aoe damage on top is a likely wipe.

The0_o

join:2011-06-15
Silver Spring, MD
reply to The0_o
Did Siege last night with the guild (about 14 of us).
I won the Non-tier Hands and the shoulder token.

About the Shoulders....
The prior Boss dropped the legs and another hunter won them. this hunter then says he will give them to me if he cant trade them away for the shoulder token.

I inspect the hunter, he is rocking 3/5 tier gear, so free leg token for me until i inspect myself... i Have the legs. Then i won the shoulders... so i leave....

Felt like a dick, but i already had the legs and the shoulder would give me my 2 set bonus.
--
"There is no good. No Evil. No Light. There is only PIE"

navymaverick

join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE
kudos:3
said by The0_o:

Did ... last night with the guild (about 14 of us).
I ... Hands and ... shoulder...

About the Shoulders....
The prior Boss dropped ... legs and another hunter ... them. this hunter then says he will give ... me ... away for the shoulder...

I inspect the hunter, he is rocking ... so free leg ... until i inspect myself... i Have the legs. Then ... shoulders... so i leave....

Felt ... a dick, but i already had the legs and the shoulder would give me my ...bon...

I have really got to read closer next time. GEEZ!

The0_o

Silver Spring, MD

1 edit
reply to The0_o
Did a quick run last night on my bored as hell DK.

Got one shot by thrall during Madness.

However the asshattery Doesn't start until Deathwing Dies.

4x Maw of the Dragonlord Drop. now with 6 healers (priest, pally, shaman x2 and Druid x2) only 2 should leave without one.

pally, shaman and Druid x2 wins them. Priest drops a sadface.
Druid then says

"Wow i won another one, Sweet".

Then drops Group

--

pp03

join:2002-06-13
After reading over the mists postings at other websites I believe they fixed LFR looting in the best possible way that they can.

I like the idea of gear dropping solely for each individual in that setting. I almost wish they'd do it for everything that is using a pug tool. Don't really want to see it for regular raids, but I'd be ok with it in regular 5 mans.

We'll see how it turns out, but this and AoE looting were way over due IMO.
--

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

1 edit
I'm still confused as to how that works. And I'm posting my questions here in hopes that someone has read something clarifying elsewhere.

If you "win" (the definition of which seems to be TBD; top 10? roll above a number on a /roll 100? I think I read something saying they were undecided), you get a piece of loot from the boss's loot table that your spec can use (I assume this will be smarter than it is currently and not ship boomkins agility rings). Is the entire loot table from that boss, or just 1 of the things that "dropped"? If there's multiple things that could be useful for you, such as a tier piece and bracers let's say, do you get 1 randomly, or do you get to choose?

Examples using current bosses very acceptable.

The0_o

Silver Spring, MD
reply to The0_o
Another Run on the Hunter.

Tanks / taunters STILL have no idea to pull down drakes. After i personal pulled about 10 down, i quit and watched the meter whores die...

After killing the last few. a DK was demanding we kick the tanks, cause only they could pull the drakes....

Fail

On a nicer note i was one of only 2 hunters and the Agl Waist dropped from warmaster, The other hunter who had a 397 belt won it and said he would give it to me if he couldn't trade it.

DW dies and drops the Hunter/feral Staff and 3x daggers. The hunter gives me the waist and i win the staff

I gave the staff to him. my hunter is an alt to what looked like his main.
I already "won" an item and should share the love.
--

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5
said by The0_o:

I already "won" an item and should share the love.

That's nice, I had a hunter last night win two tokens and offset gloves, he held on to them to trade for shoulders which I won. He ended up with 3 sets of gloves.

The "hold to trade" is such BS, but now a necessity due to everyone doing it.
--
I am stating my opinion. Obviously you don't like it. Honestly, I don't care.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

2 recommendations

reply to The0_o
Nick celebrates, Real Men of LFR

Kudos to you, Mr. Heroic Gurthalak. (Mr. Heroic Gurthalak!)

You joined LFR and on Madness you started doing 70k DPS (that's a lot of damage!)

But you did it all on the wings and arms, so the corruption died very slow every time, and the bolt hit each time as well (LFR doesn't matter)

And the last platform you brought the tentacle low enough to spawn blistering tentacles at the same time the bolt and 2nd impales hit, all by yourself! (someone pick up the tank!)

So thanks, Mr. Heroic Gurthalak. Your contributions to the fight made all our dicks shrink in relation to yours, because clearly recount is more important than doing the fight right (ow my BALLLLLLS)

Mr. Heroic Gurthaaalaaaaaaaak

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
that's so awesome... well said.

djlar

reply to Nick D
That guy what a flapping idiot, he can pad the meters more by switching.. he only has his own debuffs to the arm by staying there all the time, and cleave/storm adds increase the meters even more..

Joined an LFR in madness already, they just wiped, I don't know why until the fight started, tanks were awful, they didn't taunt the corruption, I got killed on the second one, first one I had to vanish, I got bressed, I had to vanish on the 3rd and very slow DPS the fourth (until they got sufficient threat)

last phase was the same think the 2 big adds running around and killing some peeps... a feral kitty had to go bear to control them.. luckilly we had some nice healers and pro dps carrying the group.

Well at least I paid for repairs with the shard I got from the DE agi dagger that dropped (and nobody wanted)

drew
Radiant
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to Nick D
PTU

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to djlar
said by djlar:

...luckilly we had some nice healers and pro dps carrying the group.

over-geared healers have saved many a horrible LFR. (and, yes... i'm tooting my own horn a bit)

qualitybobby
Premium
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY
reply to Nick D
said by Nick D:

Nick celebrates, Real Men of LFR

Kudos to you, Mr. Heroic Gurthalak. (Mr. Heroic Gurthalak!)

You joined LFR and on Madness you started doing 70k DPS (that's a lot of damage!)

But you did it all on the wings and arms, so the corruption died very slow every time, and the bolt hit each time as well (LFR doesn't matter)

And the last platform you brought the tentacle low enough to spawn blistering tentacles at the same time the bolt and 2nd impales hit, all by yourself! (someone pick up the tank!)

So thanks, Mr. Heroic Gurthalak. Your contributions to the fight made all our dicks shrink in relation to yours, because clearly recount is more important than doing the fight right (ow my BALLLLLLS)

Mr. Heroic Gurthaaalaaaaaaaak

+1 internets

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to The0_o
so last night i was the asshat. I didnt heal on Zonozz until black phase. and then i only holy radianced/light of dawned. I pulled 10k hps, was second on the meter, and we didnt wipe. I was beat out by a disc priest, and number 4 on the meter was the DK tank.

I could reasonably just sit on my hands the whole fight. I'm not sure how other people do it...

I noticed 1 hunter just standing out inthe middle of no where, not doing anything, but moving with the group around the room during trash. Needless to say, he died every time we had a red ooze. And he didn nothing the whole fight either.
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Venom1:

I noticed 1 hunter just standing out inthe middle of no where, not doing anything, but moving with the group around the room during trash. Needless to say, he died every time we had a red ooze. And he didn nothing the whole fight either.

Sometimes when you step in a pile of shit... you are able to wipe your boot immediately.... other times... you just have to deal with having shit on your boots until the time comes when you can scrape the shit off without getting it in your car/house or on your clothes. Shit happens.

don't let shit ruin your day.
--
Immergruen (resto/kitty) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

than/then | to/two/too | A lot (notice the space in there) | you/your/you're