share rss forum feed

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
reply to tuladrin

Re: [Raiding] LFR asshattery

said by tuladrin :

I just wish blizz would implement something like a + 5 bonus roll everytime you pass on an eligible roll, so that yopu can pass on the unneeded and unwanted items and when the wrath drops, that + 20 whatever would allow you to get the trinket you need, wont stop guilds from bringing loaded rollers but might help.

I like this idea. The only reason I roll on things with my Paladin tank is to have a little something to pay for repairs. If I could pass to get a bonus on something that I actually need I'd be all for it.
--
When will the people realize that with DRM they aren't purchasing anything?

Aybl

@xo.net

I'm also amazed at how many people complain when a low dps wins a roll, from a "deserving it" standpoint I understand, but if that low dps gets better gear they'll be better down the road!

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
join:2003-12-10
Troy, OH
kudos:2
reply to The0_o

My 2 cents - here is what they need to fix:

1. Multiple rolls on the same item - ie 2 tier shoulders for class xyz drop - same person wins both. (I think they are planning on doing that)

2. Remove the trading of the item - this prevents guild stackers from all rolling need.

I dont know how many times I have lost a roll on Souldrinker , pst'd the person and asked to trade or if they really need it and them saying "yea i was just needing for my guildie (or for himself) for transmorg" or "it is for his offpsec".

I have 5 tank toons with dps offspec and I rarely enter the LFR as a dps. I always queue as tank and at first I would pass or greed on DPS items due to roll bonus. After watching an upgrade in the form of Souldrinker be given to people for transmorg - screw it. I am needing on anything I can need on in a raid.

Till they fix some of those issues might as well get all the epics you can in a run cause if you dont someone else will.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by s1deout:

Till they fix some of those issues might as well get all the epics you can in a run cause if you dont someone else will.

That's right... if the cops aren't going to get off their butts and do something about these looters... might as well grab yourself a share of that booty!

Treebark
Premium
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC
kudos:1
reply to Aybl

said by Aybl :

I'm also amazed at how many people complain when a low dps wins a roll, from a "deserving it" standpoint I understand, but if that low dps gets better gear they'll be better down the road!

LOL, funniest thing I have read in a while.

Ramikor

@ultzindustries.com
reply to s1deout

said by s1deout:

2. Remove the trading of the item - this prevents guild stackers from all rolling need.

It doesn't prevent guilds from rolling need, it just changes the incentive balance. They may choose not to roll need to give their guildies who actually do need it a better chance; or they still roll need for to DE/vendor for additional income and to protect themselves against ninjas; or they may wait to choose to see how many non-guildies are rolling need to decide. Rolling purely for DE/sell is poor etiquette, but it happens all the time in LFR with both guild and non-guild players. People just don't cry ninja as much in LFR because it's harder to notice when your roll is one of 10-15 than one of two.

Ramikor

@ultzindustries.com

said by Ramikor :

People just don't cry ninja as much in LFR because it's harder to notice when your roll is one of 10-15 than one of two.

And too, when it becomes, as it has become, common practice.

djlar

join:2009-04-23

Well in my case I always check who won the item I really needed, that's why I'm sucessful getting some items from people that already had them..

My druid just became 5 Piece T13 thanks to this.. but on my mage I've trying for 4 piece and other mages have won them and they already had them and didn't want to pass..

One of those times a mage said that he will give me one of the repeats he got when we down DW.. so we downed him and asked him.. his response was "I gave it to the druid tank"... (BTW that "tank" was mostly AFK, the warrior had to solo tank everything)

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to The0_o

One option (which won't work with tier tokens) is to make everything Unique - not "Unique-Equipped", but Unique. Daggers, the 2H sword, Souldrinker and the Axe would have to be "Unique(2)" so that dual-wielders can have two, but it would keep anyone who already had one from rolling on it.

Of course, then you run in to an issue with the Normal & Heroic versions of items, so it may be why they didn't implement something like that.

Oh, my story of asshattery. DKs in Int plate to make the ilvl requirement. Plus the DK in half-blues - no 397s on him, and probably a bunch of BoEs in his inventory to push up his ilvl. Can get upgrades out of LFR, then sell the BoEs on the AH - or put them back in the guild bank, to be "rented" out to the next person.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

djlar

Yup.. I've also seen druids, shamans and holy pallies with cloth items, equipped.. since they count towards ilevels they use them for getting in..

Last night I saw a holy pally with 36K mana doing 4K HPS.. nuff said..

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to The0_o

last night I healed the first half of LFR. INT neck drops from Morchok, I roll need (it was the only thing I could roll need on) and pass the rest. I won. When I went to equip it, I realized that I had already obtained my VP neck... d'OH. No worries... so I start /inspecting the 2nd, 3rd place need rolls... already has same item, already has better item... etc, etc. Finally... 4 best roll had only 378 item. I glance at my healing meter... he's another druid and top heals in current trash pack (mainly because I'm inspecting people rather than healing, lol). So I /w "hey dude... don't move after this trash back"... he sat down to eat.. gave him the neck.

I will say this, though... it's a lot of extra work trying to be a loot-council of one. especially when the raid continues on while you scan through loot roll results and /inspect people. I can see why most just don't do it.

The only other drop I got was the agi leather boots. only 2 people rolled need... me and the other druid. no roll bonus... people just didn't want the boots.
--
Immergruen (resto/kitty) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego
"You never truly know someone... until you fight them"

djlar

Well if it was the neck piece and your VP item still could be refunded I'll take the VPs and buy something else (cape, a ring, relic which don't drop from DS).

Keep this in mind in your VP target items.. only neck for all classes is that spirit one that druids, shamans, priests and holy pallies can roll on.

There are no capes, only one ring for most classes (rogues, druids and shamans get an expertise one), no relics, only an agi thrown (which has never dropped for my rogue, ended up buying the VP one).

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

excellent point. I'm a bit of an Eeyore when it comes to planning for "drops". so I just spend VP on the biggest upgrade at the moment (non-tier, of course).

DownLow
Nope...I Got Nothing
Premium
join:2001-04-25
Long Island

1 edit
reply to Ramikor

said by Ramikor :

said by s1deout:

It doesn't prevent guilds from rolling need, it just changes the incentive balance. They may choose not to roll need to give their guildies who actually do need it a better chance; or they still roll need for to DE/vendor for additional income and to protect themselves against ninjas; or they may wait to choose to see how many non-guildies are rolling need to decide. Rolling purely for DE/sell is poor etiquette, but it happens all the time in LFR with both guild and non-guild players. People just don't cry ninja as much in LFR because it's harder to notice when your roll is one of 10-15 than one of two.

maybe I am just looking for an excuse to quit wow (which is going to happen soon), but things like this (and the fact that you can't get gear - or I can't - in LFR or 10 man normal) is pushing me to the edge. While pixels are just pixels, running nearly 24 bosses per week (3 toons, in LFR and 1 in 10 man as well) and not even seeing loot to roll on (went in LFR and only hunter token dropped from every boss - and in some cases, double) just makes it clear to me that it isn't fun and worth the effort anymore. :/

*edit* this "no loot for you" experience has gone on since DS was launched so it can't just be bad RNG (well it can be of course, but I'm sick of it)

--

Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4

Maybe so. But took me awhile to get gear when I was rolling with 40 others back in the day.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to DownLow

ya MC was a bitch to get gear out of, 20 other warriors or pallies to roll against, got my warrior last to 355 ilvl first run in end time he gets baines axe, fml, my pally 376ilvl cant even get baine to be in the instance, let alone drop his axe. RNG is a whore.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
What was the name of the brain that you got me? Abby someone. Abby Normal.

tuladrin

@idv.net
reply to The0_o

I am reading an agreeing with most of this. It occurs to me that cant blizzard code it so that there is a modifier in lfr25 and BH that does a rng based on toons present. I mean ran BH on 5 toons last, 4 of the runs resulted in 2 disenchants each as there were none of the specs present, (meaning a lock pant dropped and no locks in group). Same thing in lfr25, saw 2 pieces won without a bonus roll on one boss because no one there that could benefit from bonus role, seems kind of stupid.

Bodybagger
Premium
join:2010-03-30
Saint Matthews, SC

Ran BH last night as a 10m class run and got two pallies pieces. Pally PVP healing belt, and pally PVE tanking pants. The pally that came was ret and stated "you can shard that garbage because I don't heal and I don't tank"... good job Blizz!

Treebark
Premium
Havelock, NC
reply to DownLow

This is not to Flame you by any means, but it kind of sounds like a whine. Blizzard still can't make people happy. Brings out LFR, pugs steam through it, get to see the content and no loot drops. Big deal. You will get your pieces eventually. Even in guild runs there are pieces that rarely drop and it can take up to 1-2 months to get that one or several pieces you need, and someone else from your guild probably needs them too.

Treebark
Premium
Havelock, NC
reply to Bodybagger

That's right, blizzard should automatically have gear usuable for atleast 3 people in your make-up. And you talk about content not lasting long now? With you logic it would be cut in half.

Bodybagger
Premium
Saint Matthews, SC
Reviews:
·Windstream

When did I say anything that would imply things should be different in order to make you say "With you* logic"? Pft, I've had this happen plenty of times when gear drops that no one can use or 2-4 pieces of the same thing that no one can use. I never said anything about "blizz should make it where everytime you run you get a piece of gear" but gd 4 hunter bows off DW and not the first hunter in the group is a little extreme don't you think?

Treebark
Premium
Havelock, NC

said by Bodybagger:

but gd 4 hunter bows off DW and not the first hunter in the group is a little extreme don't you think?

Nope, because when there are three new caster daggers/trinkets/ or something similar and can all be used, I smile. I think it all evens out.

Bodybagger
Premium
Saint Matthews, SC

You got better luck than me bro if you see things like that. lol...

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to Treebark

I think I may venture into LFR tonight for the first time. I am pulling mid 20k DPS in Hour of Twilight heroics in purely PvP gear (minus a new trinket I got yesterday and my DMC:V)...having to run a spirit flask to even approach hit cap sucks.

I'll probably be one of the asshats that are spoken about in this thread. My plan is to just do enough dps to not get kicked, and not stand in the fire. It should be simple enough.

I'm home "sick" today so I think the wife will lay off me a little if I want to zombie out on the comp for a few hours.
--
Mcbrain, Goblin Shadow Priest, [Lock Down], Kil'Jaeden

Treebark
Premium
Havelock, NC
reply to Bodybagger

Well, I haven't raided much of DS before I quit, but when I did it was pretty balanced. I mainly saw the good luck in the first two tiers of Cata. The few bosses I killed in DS It seemed balanced in LFR and regualr raiding. But like you said, I could have had some better luck than you. Hey, their shit could be outta whack and they need to reprogram it. Yes, I take it back, 4 hunter bows and not a hunter in group is a bit retarded.

Treebark
Premium
Havelock, NC
reply to McBrain

It's cool, just tell them to, "get shit on"!

The0_o

join:2011-06-15
Silver Spring, MD
reply to McBrain

said by McBrain:

I think I may venture into LFR tonight for the first time. I am pulling mid 20k DPS in Hour of Twilight heroics in purely PvP gear (minus a new trinket I got yesterday and my DMC:V)...having to run a spirit flask to even approach hit cap sucks.

I'll probably be one of the asshats that are spoken about in this thread. My plan is to just do enough dps to not get kicked, and not stand in the fire. It should be simple enough.

I'm home "sick" today so I think the wife will lay off me a little if I want to zombie out on the comp for a few hours.

Please PLEASE Lets us know how much asshattery you encounter because by GOD you will.
--
"There is no good. No Evil. No Light. There is only PIE"

qualitybobby
Premium
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY
reply to Treebark

said by Treebark:

This is not to Flame you by any means, but it kind of sounds like a whine. Blizzard still can't make people happy. Brings out LFR, pugs steam through it, get to see the content and no loot drops. Big deal. You will get your pieces eventually. Even in guild runs there are pieces that rarely drop and it can take up to 1-2 months to get that one or several pieces you need, and someone else from your guild probably needs them too.

QFT. I swear to GOD every other rogue in the world has Nok'aled for their MH and the *%^&%* thing has never even dropped one &^%$ing time for me. RNG is a dirty whore.

>:|

djlar

I saw 2 last run, both cheaparse rogues got one each...

(cheaparse meaning they can't pay the 10K gold quest for daggers and much less for pickpocket, let alone try to solo that guilneas thingy)

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

perhaps they dont have 10k gold, i dont on my rogue, there are some ppl that just arent good at hording gold in this game, kudos to those that can.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
I've lost the bleeps, I've lost the creeps and I've lost the sweeps.