Search similar:

uniqs

FrankandBean
@optonline.net

FrankandBean to Thinkdiff

Anon

to Thinkdiff

Re: Optimum App for Laptop

So i have an acer laptop and it is giving me the error that i have to disconnect an external display. Problem is I do not have any eternal displays attached! I do have HDMI and VGA out ports but nothing connected. Any ideas??
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

It shouldn't matter, but try disabling them (one at a time) in the device manager to see if it gives you access if you want to find out if it's causing the problem.

mbernste
MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste to pa prowler

MVM

to pa prowler
What's interesting is in the FAQ it says it is currently available to LI customers only. Not sure how I got lucky, but I like it. The app seems to be a bit more stable on my Mac than it was when I first got it.

Apparently you can have up to 8 devices registered but only two can be in use at any one time.
GolfDude
join:2004-01-29
East Islip, NY

GolfDude to FrankandBean

to FrankandBean
i had the same issue with it saying something was connected to the laptop when there wasnt.. but never heard back from them on how to fix that issue.. or why its reporting it wrong..

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

limegrass69 to Thinkdiff

to Thinkdiff
I don't think you can output the iO iPad app to an external display. The same goes for apps like HBO Go. You have to watch the content on the iPad. There are certain things you can mirror to an external display, but again, it depends on the app allowing that feature.

Perhaps there are ways to bypass that limitation, but I've never researched it.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

EliteData

Premium Member

said by limegrass69:

Perhaps there are ways to bypass that limitation, but I've never researched it.

anything is possible with the knowledge and patience.

td100776
Premium Member
join:2002-12-19
Keansburg, NJ

td100776 to EliteData

Premium Member

to EliteData
at least you get text, i run the app and get everything except text. i have not been able to use this app at all, when i try to download it it fails the test and i downloaded the file that is here but like i said no text on the license agreement.

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ

tmpchaos

Numquam oblitus

What browser?

td100776
Premium Member
Keansburg, NJ

1 edit

td100776

Premium Member

Chrome, IE9, Firefox, & Waterfox.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
Philippines

EliteData to td100776

Premium Member

to td100776
said by td100776:

at least you get text, i run the app and get everything except text. i have not been able to use this app at all, when i try to download it it fails the test and i downloaded the file that is here but like i said no text on the license agreement.

the link i provided (direct download) is for windows x32 systems (windows 7).
»img.optimum.net/images/f ··· pWin.zip

Ellwood00
@optonline.net

Ellwood00 to mbernste

Anon

to mbernste
I tried but you cant seem to disconnect the display

stevennb
Ok, But, Thats The Last Straw.
Premium Member
join:2001-05-08
Wayne, NJ

stevennb to pa prowler

Premium Member

to pa prowler
I received a email from OOL regarding this. I live in NJ. I wonder why it's laptop only?

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ

tmpchaos

Numquam oblitus

They don't want you streaming to an external display. Apparently, though, it will work on an all-in-one, like an iMac.

td100776
Premium Member
Keansburg, NJ

td100776 to EliteData

Premium Member

to EliteData
so 64 bit is out of the question? i thought 32 bit programs still run on win7 64 bit?

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
Philippines

EliteData

Premium Member

said by td100776:

so 64 bit is out of the question? i thought 32 bit programs still run on win7 64 bit?

this app is written differently.
im not sure if it would work with "32 bit windows WOW" on a 64 bit OS even with "compatibility" enabled.

mbernste
MVM
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste to pa prowler

MVM

to pa prowler
Click for full size
Look what showed up on the Optimum.net home page again today. Looks like the app is at a "customer trial."

DJMADfx
join:2002-02-27
Merrick, NY

DJMADfx to pa prowler

to pa prowler
I am receiving the account error as well. Has anyone got this application to actually work?

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

limegrass69 to pa prowler

to pa prowler
Several people have gotten it to work. It's hit or miss as to if your account is enabled. It is still in beta...not available to all yet.

mbernste
MVM
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste to DJMADfx

MVM

to DJMADfx
said by DJMADfx:

I am receiving the account error as well. Has anyone got this application to actually work?

Works fine for me. I downloaded it the day the OP posted the original link and it worked. I since received a couple of e-mails about it as well as the aforementioned sighting on the Optimum.net homepage.
RayGeode
join:2004-07-21
Norwalk, CT

RayGeode

What's your laptop brand model, RAM, and processor please? Is it smooth or choppy? Is CV service inyour area normally very good?

mbernste
MVM
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste

MVM

MacBook Pro 8 GB RAM. Works smoothly.

aannoonn
@optonline.net

aannoonn to mbernste

Anon

to mbernste
I've given up trying to get it to work. POS. I wonder if CV even tried it with XP.
RayGeode
join:2004-07-21
Norwalk, CT

RayGeode

Same question, model, brand. Ram., processor, service quality?
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

always worked for me
intel core duo 2 ghz
windows xp 3 gb ram
ool 15/2 service
takes about 20 secs to start playing after buffering
not choppy
GolfDude
join:2004-01-29
East Islip, NY

GolfDude to pa prowler

to pa prowler
dont go overboard trying to break the external display detection.. they just sent an email to testers saying they will be working on improving the check so it doesnt give false positives as much, so dont waste your time trying to break it since they are still working on that detection and anything you do find will get patched probably when the release their next update which will include dvr recording ability and the ability to change your actual box's channel with a remote in the app among some updates...

based on the notice, dont expect this to go public any time soon...

aannoonn
@optonline.net

aannoonn

Anon

said by GolfDude:

they just sent an email to testers saying they will be working on improving the check so it doesnt give false positives as much,

Will they fix the broken check for Silverlight? The CV program says I DON'T have Silverlight and refuses to run but I DO have Silverlight.

andvari
join:2003-05-21
Freehold, NJ

andvari

Uninstall Silverlight and let the CV program reinstall it.

aannoonn
@151.190.0.x

aannoonn

Anon

Did that. Didn't work.

mbernste
MVM
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste to pa prowler

MVM

to pa prowler
I just wish the app didn't go into full screen mode. It would be nice if I could resize the app so that just the smaller video player was running so that I can watch it while doing other things on the computer.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
Philippines

EliteData

Premium Member

said by mbernste:

I just wish the app didn't go into full screen mode. It would be nice if I could resize the app so that just the smaller video player was running so that I can watch it while doing other things on the computer.

dont expect it.
you know, anything that is "iO" related is always full blown "in-your-face" at all times.