how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

viceroy507

join:2012-01-18

1 edit

[Tomato] Linksys e3000 firmware upgrade stuck at 98%

Got a new router and wanted to try the install of tomato. So I got it out of the box, did a 30/30/30 reset, downloaded the tomato-E3000USB-1.28.9054MIPSR2-beta-ext.bin file and logged into router. I selected the firmware and clicked start upgrade. After about 20%, it said that the firmware failed to load, so I clicked ok, and then the program proceeded to finish the install of the firmware UP TO 98%. Now it is just sitting at 98%, and I am unsure as to what to do bc I don't want to brick the router. Any ideas? can I just unplug it and reset and try again? Any help would be appreciated for sure

update: while the computer hooked to router was still showing stuck at 98%, I was able to use a laptop to connect to router and I was able to sign into it. It was still the original linksys firmware, but I was able to login to it. Any ideas? can I just unplug the original computer and reset it? THanks for any help!

pharma7

join:2004-02-06
Princeton Junction, NJ
The Tomato version you downloaded is somewhat older than the current version. There are a few Tomato mods for you to chose, but try going to »www.4shared.com/dir/v1BuINP3/Toa···lds.html and download the appropriate version for your router. Also, you will find an active Tomato community and developers at linksysinfo.org.

AzDragonLord

join:2003-10-21
Florence, AZ
reply to viceroy507
I just bought an E3000 router to replace my E1000. I'm also looking at switching to TomatoUSB, but I'm worried about bricking it. Did you ever download a newer version of TomatoUSB? How did it go?
--
Praise the Gods, Do Good, Act Bravely.