share rss forum feed

Deft
Stros in '08
Premium
join:2003-09-06
Grand Forks, ND
Reviews:
·Midcontinent Com..

[General] [Verizone Phone] Charging to account?

Just curious if they have done away with the charging to account option? Just tried to charge a iphone 4s to my account and it just asks for my CC#. Last time i did this option it was about 3yrs ago..

Any help? do i need to pay my bill 1st? (not due till Friday?) for it to show? or what?

Thanks in advance.

Deft
Stros in '08
Premium
Grand Forks, ND

anyone?

jmorison

join:2001-12-08
New Bern, NC
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to Deft

Our last 3 phone purchases over the past year in the store also required that we pay then. Had the account a long time--Alltel and predecessors since 1993. Same for accessory purchases from the Verizon online store.
--
Suddenlink

shealyse
Premium
join:2004-04-15
Lexington, SC
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to Deft

I ordered a Samsung Galaxy Nexus online the day it was launched. I was able to account bill the equipment. There was a disclaimer that it was subject to review. I've had my account since 1990, so that may stand for something.

I know that you can't do it in the stores or over the phone with a rep. They stopped that a while back.

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
kudos:2
reply to Deft

Our last phone purchase (this past May) was in a VZW store, and they just put it on my monthly bill.
--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

norbert26
Premium
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI
reply to Deft

When i upgraded to my iPhone with grandfathered unlimited data in a VZW store last march i was asked by the sales person if i would like to put it on the account or use CC and pay now. I chose to use the CC and pay at the time.

Deft
Stros in '08
Premium
Grand Forks, ND
reply to Deft

i found more about my little debacle and i guess the iPhone 4s is the ONLY phone you cannot charge (as of now) to your account.

any other phone below that you can charge.

VZW_CS

join:2011-06-10
Elgin, IL
reply to Deft

Hello Deft! Yes, we still offer the option to bill equipment purchases to the account! This is option does carry some prerequisites, and there will be some restrictions. In your case, you will not be able to bill the cost of an iPhone to your Verizon Wireless account.

DionM_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

Carl
Premium
join:2004-07-21
Opelousas, LA
reply to Deft

I can bill up to $2,700 on my business account and $1,200 on my personal account.

I billed my 4S and my second line's 4S (both on my business account) in-store. They were in the store's inventory and didn't have to be ordered - I think they can't be put on BTA if they have to be ordered.

I billed my Galaxy Nexus to my business account as well.

Carl

FailOverflow

join:2011-02-23
united state

I BTA'd my Droid X the after it came out and it had to be ordered.

Deft
Stros in '08
Premium
Grand Forks, ND
Reviews:
·Midcontinent Com..
reply to Carl

said by Carl:

I can bill up to $2,700 on my business account and $1,200 on my personal account.

I billed my 4S and my second line's 4S (both on my business account) in-store. They were in the store's inventory and didn't have to be ordered - I think they can't be put on BTA if they have to be ordered.

Carl

Yeah i could see the Business Account side.. but i doubt you could on the personal account side. I've talked to many of the CSR's and they all say the same thing.. We can bill you with a debit/CC but not on ur VZW Bill.

Only reason i went droid is b/c i didnt want to lose out on the $100 off NE2 deal.. Now i regret getting the iPhone, i've replaced this POS 5 times and they wont give me a new phone compared to the X. Thats the only beef i have with VZW is i've been with them for 10yrs and i cant get a comparable upgrade?

They're lucky i dont go sprint.. but here in hickville sprint blows.

Carl
Premium
Opelousas, LA

said by Deft:

said by Carl:

Carl

Yeah i could see the Business Account side.. but i doubt you could on the personal account side. I've talked to many of the CSR's and they all say the same thing.. We can bill you with a debit/CC but not on ur VZW Bill.

Only reason i went droid is b/c i didnt want to lose out on the $100 off NE2 deal.. Now i regret getting the iPhone, i've replaced this POS 5 times and they wont give me a new phone compared to the X. Thats the only beef i have with VZW is i've been with them for 10yrs and i cant get a comparable upgrade?

They're lucky i dont go sprint.. but here in hickville sprint blows.

Just BTAed a Rezound today...used my personal account.

Deft
Stros in '08
Premium
Grand Forks, ND

Yes, you can put other phones on ur account just not the iPhones.

Carl
Premium
Opelousas, LA

said by Deft:

Yes, you can put other phones on ur account just not the iPhones.

It's my understanding that you can put the iPhones on BTA if they don't have to be ordered. Mine were purchased from store stock and I could BTA but the one I had to order couldn't be BTA.