spc
uniqs
Labonza
join:2008-08-20
Ottawa, ON

Labonza to Capt Marvel

to Capt Marvel

Re: [Extreme Plus] Seemingly still shaping torrent downloads

That's because they've moved the throttling box from your area to mine I'm guessing. They do that from time to time.

I've been with Rogers since 2003 and am up on all their tricks.Why, you ask? Because I dont torrent much.But I've been running torrents the past few days and the throttling is the worst I've seen in ages.

Sorry, I dont buy the "upstream only" claim. The patterns are too consistent ( up and down) when they've got the throttling cranked up.

Anyone who bought a fast Rogers package for torrenting can expect that 50% of the time, you will get the same speeds as if you were on Lite.It varies from area to area, but they'll hammer you eventually.
OldManRiver
join:2010-10-03
Nepean, ON

2 edits

OldManRiver

said by Labonza:

That's because they've moved the throttling box from your area to mine I'm guessing. They do that from time to time.

I've been with Rogers since 2003 and am up on all their tricks.

Exactly. I have experienced a month or two at a time where there was no throttle box on my connection. And it is ridiculously great, but it mainly serves to highlight how much Rogers interferes with our connections.

I went from Bell DSL to third party DSL, then Bell started throttling third part ISPs, so I ditched everything Bell in protest and switched to Rogers.

But Rogers is so non competitive now and Teksavvy is in my area, so I am ditching everything Rogers and switching to Teksavvy.

TV(done): OTA HDTV reception is awesome. No more cable bills.

Phone(done): Vonage for ~$20/month covers my needs and that includes callerId, Voicemail etc..

Internet(pending): Teksavvy will give me more upload/download speed, 5 times the bandwidth cap, for less money.

I think that is the best voting I can do with my wallet. Complaining is pointless.

Simply stop buying their services. When they bottom line gets impacted enough they will be forced to do better.

The great thing about Rogers poor customer treatment is that it is a wake-up call for you to look around, and find much better deals that are out there. If Rogers/Bell had been even half-ways decent, I never would have switched and my monthly telecom bills would be about double their new rates.

So thank you Bell/Rogers duopoly for constantly fighting me, your customer, and forcing me to move on to better alternatives.