Nashville, TN

1 edit

Deleted.

Deleted. Karl Bode takes credit....

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

Re: [HSI] Charter customers to see higher rates in March 2012

So much for the "free" speed increase. Why do they have Max even listed when they don't even have that tier anymore?

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
That was quoted out of a Middle TN newspaper, not sure if that is nationwide or not.

Premium
West Tenness
said by compuguybna:

That was quoted out of a Middle TN newspaper, not sure if that is nationwide or not.

Well I'm sure that is going to apply to me. I though Nashville was Comcast territory?

KoRnGtL15
Premium
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR
kudos:1
reply to compuguybna
No surprise. It is that time of year again. Always get a kick out of these "free" upgrades. They always do it at the end of the year and hit you with the new fees early the following year.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
It's called business.

Name something that HASN'T gone up in the last year?

Now, the amount they start jacking things up, is where people start to get ticked off about! $5 is WAY over the limit, IMO though.

My plan is going up $3. Getting close to ridiculous there!
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

anhisr

join:2001-12-01
Ballwin, MO
How many of us pay the "listed prices" for our services? We call, email or chat our way to better pricing.

Premium
West Tenness
reply to cork1958
said by cork1958:

It's called business.

Name something that HASN'T gone up in the last year?

Now, the amount they start jacking things up, is where people start to get ticked off about! $5 is WAY over the limit, IMO though.

My plan is going up $3. Getting close to ridiculous there!

Internet hasn't gone up in a long time so no biggie raising rates $3. One issue is they make a big deal in Dec about cutting Ultra by $15 a month then 3 months later jacks up the price by $3. Thye should have just lowered the price by $12 and left it alone.

Now the TV prices going up I have an issue with. This will be 5 price increases in the last 4 years. Not to mention added crap like "broadcast surcharge". At least the internet they can say they've increased speeds. I wait months or even a year or more for new HD channels then get 1 or 2 lame channels added.

megarock

join:2001-06-28
Catawissa, MO
Reviews:
·Charter
Just curious here but when did 'the cost of programming' make internet cost more? Or is Charter trying to make us help them recoup their costs for TV service even if we don't have it.

Sadly thanks to the way government works and monopolies we do not have a choice - we can either get bent over by Charter or get bent over by AT & T and they know it. If there was ANY real competition like they have in other countries we would be getting a rate DECREASE.

Our elected officials need to lose their jobs. They set up this system and got rich off it. It's time for them all to go and politicians who will once and for all end these monopolies brought in.

dks7

join:2004-05-31
Omak, WA
reply to cork1958
Masturbation, always been free always will be

anhisr

Ballwin, MO
unless you need some kind of "aid" for the activity. Now we are back to the cost of the internet going up.

Premium
West Tenness
reply to megarock
said by megarock:

Just curious here but when did 'the cost of programming' make internet cost more? Or is Charter trying to make us help them recoup their costs for TV service even if we don't have it.

While I prefer the price to never go up the fact remains this is the first price increase on internet that I can rememeber in the last 5 or 6 years. So really it's silly to complain about a $3 increase 5-6 years in the making.

rd1144

join:2009-02-26
Denver, NC

2 edits
reply to compuguybna
Will this effect people who have a long term commitment with Charter? example, i have a $35/month internet express agreement for 2 years, plus I pay an additional $10/month for the internet plus. Will this price increase effect the adder I pay for high level of service?

anhisr

Ballwin, MO
You are good until your 2 years is up

grayem

join:2000-09-22
Saint Louis, MO
reply to 88615298
We just got a $4 increase this year. Now another one? Great!