uniqs

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Street Fighter X Tekken

Whoa! This looks like it's gonna be good!

»www.neoseeker.com/news/1 ··· racters/

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· M55ayBvA

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 1aCOSQos

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· ck4PpWpw

RRedline
Rated R
Premium Member
join:2002-05-15
USA

RRedline

Premium Member

I am definitely going to pick this up. I am STILL playing SF IV ranked after two years. I've been playing SF since SF II.

This one looks like a cross between SF IV and Marvel vs. Capcom. The latter didn't hold my interest because I found it to be WAAAAAAAY too chaotic for my liking. I look forward to playing a Chun/Cammy team.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

I felt the same way about Marvel vs. Capcom.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
This is doesn't really impress me.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

1 recommendation

Goggalor to RRedline

Premium Member

to RRedline
said by RRedline:

This one looks like a cross between SF IV and Marvel vs. Capcom. The latter didn't hold my interest because I found it to be WAAAAAAAY too chaotic for my liking. I look forward to playing a Chun/Cammy team.

Hopefully, it isn't too combo crazy. The ridiculousness of the combos is why I disliked MvC.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

said by Goggalor:

said by RRedline:

Hopefully, it isn't too combo crazy. The ridiculousness of the combos is why I disliked MvC.

Same here.

RRedline
Rated R
Premium Member
USA

RRedline to Goggalor

Premium Member

to Goggalor
said by Goggalor:

I agree. The combos are ridiculously long. I think the whole "air combo" thing is a little much too. It's fun to dish out long combos, but I think it ruins the pace of the game.

I really like the combo system in SF IV, but I wouldn't mind mixing in a few of the design elements from MvC. It looks like they took SF and made it a 2-on-2 team (rather than 3-on-3), but without the crazy assist nonsense in MvC.

We won't know until we play it, but I am optimistic about it.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by RRedline:

I really like the combo system in SF IV, but I wouldn't mind mixing in a few of the design elements from MvC. It looks like they took SF and made it a 2-on-2 team (rather than 3-on-3), but without the crazy assist nonsense in MvC.

I think my team would have to be Sagat and Eddy Gordo (feel obligated to use one of each side).

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

New video out showing actual gameplay, features, and team-ups.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 2LJJGW7I

AuraReturn
Premium Member
join:2003-08-18
USA

AuraReturn to RRedline

Premium Member

to RRedline
said by RRedline:

said by Goggalor:

I agree. The combos are ridiculously long. I think the whole "air combo" thing is a little much too. It's fun to dish out long combos, but I think it ruins the pace of the game.

We won't know until we play it, but I am optimistic about it.

Street fighter games were always about easier combos.

RRedline
Rated R
Premium Member
USA

1 recommendation

RRedline

Premium Member

said by AuraReturn:

Street fighter games were always about easier combos.

You must be joking, right? Only a dedicated player could ever learn to land big combos in SF games, especially during a match against another player. The combo system in MvC 3 is deep for sure, but it's not nearly as demanding as the strict timing of links in SF IV.

I always thought that one of the biggest reasons why so many people give up on SF is because of the steep learning curve.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

I just got the game!!!!!!!

About to hop on and play it now.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by Alpha Phoenix:

I just got the game!!!!!!!

About to hop on and play it now.

Have fun and don't get carpal tunnel playing too hard!

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Who's got this, and who's playing this?
Alpha Phoenix

Alpha Phoenix to Goggalor

Premium Member

to Goggalor
Anybody know if Gouken will be an unlockable , or DLC character?

Intoxicoded4
join:2011-05-02
USA

1 recommendation

Intoxicoded4 to Alpha Phoenix

to Alpha Phoenix
I got it one of my fav street fighter games yet. graphics are tight chung lee legs mmmmmm

RRedline
Rated R
Premium Member
USA

RRedline to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
said by Alpha Phoenix:

Who's got this, and who's playing this?

I am in Cammy/Chun-Li heaven (I call my team Cam-Li).

Capcom basically took the basics of Street Fighter and added more creative juggling (Tekken) and some elements from the MvC games, but without making it too crazy and chaotic. I swear they managed to add two separate combo layers to this game. There is an easy to pull off chaining system (MvC 3) which can be cancelled into EX's and supers, and there is still the tighter linking system from the SF series. I can see how this game might appeal to both casuals AND experts. This really does seem to me like "SF meets the stuff from MvC that isn't too crazy (and with Tekken characters)".

I don't know if I am going to log over 10,000 ranked matches on this one (yes, I actually did that with the SF IV games), but I am really enjoying it so far. There is a staggering number of ways you can create combos in this game, some easy, and some extremely difficult.

Has anyone done the trials yet? I had a ton of trouble with Vega #20, but I finally got the "Sadist" title.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Haven't really heard much about this in here......
theraven146
join:2012-07-25

theraven146 to Alpha Phoenix

to Alpha Phoenix
Yes. Very strong promises early on. It's really got to be good to make it big. The video seems to promise a thorough entertainment. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

said by theraven146:

Yes. Very strong promises early on. It's really got to be good to make it big. The video seems to promise a thorough entertainment. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Huh? What are you talking about? This game has been out for months already.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by Alpha Phoenix:

said by theraven146:

Huh? What are you talking about? This game has been out for months already.

Five months or so based on your post earlier on that said you had the game, Alpha.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Yep. March 6, 2012 it was released. This guy don't read threads properly. Lol.