Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rit56

join:2000-12-01
New York, NY

2 recommendations

The Lesson

No the real lesson here is people are not as stupid as politicians think. This goes hand in hand with the AT&T decision. As much as you might not like it, it appears as if people are finally fed up with all the bullshit and are taking action. I for one am tired of the screwing from politicians and corporations. I don't care who they are and which side of the aisle they sit. For what it's worth for all the right wing corporatists that constantly overload this site with their pro corporate views all but one defection on this bill yesterday was from pro corporate Republican Senators.To site Google as looking after their own self interest is disingenuous. Any interest from Google, Wikipedia, Reddit, whoever is because We The People got pissed off and took action.

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA

Very well put!!!

axus

join:2001-06-18
Washington, DC
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to rit56

I think it's more about access to information. The "mainstream media" had been silent about the issue, and avoided mentioning the bills by name. Now, there are other sources of information that people take seriously.

Wikipedia and Google have a wide audience, and aren't controlled by Murdoch, Viacom, Disney, Sony, Comcast, or Time-Warner.

In the past, one of those companies could buy Reddit to control it, but the competitive nature of the internet means something else would simply replace it.

rit56

join:2000-12-01
New York, NY

I agree and on the January 18 on MSNBC, Morning Joe, Chris Dodd was on slamming the opposition to his precious bill SOPA/PIPA. Not one comment from the other side of the argument. Comcast/NBC showing what side they're on. They're no better or different than Fox News.

Jason Levine
Premium
join:2001-07-13
USA

Not to mention CNN was running this pro-SOPA ad over and over yesterday and today:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKtRJTgKihA

--
-Jason Levine