uniqs
share rss forum feed

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to I AM

Re: [Raiding] LFR asshattery

For a good first experience, do it Tuesday or Wednesday late-ish. That's when the raiders hit it up for capping their VPs. Runs are very sauce.

The0_o

join:2011-06-15
Silver Spring, MD
said by Nick D:

For a good first experience, do it Tuesday or Wednesday late-ish. That's when the raiders hit it up for capping their VPs. Runs are very sauce.

This is true however with that awesome super smooth near flawless run you get a Raid full of guildmembers that will take everything.

Smooth run but no loot OR half-arse runs with a chance of loot.

The third option would be to guild stack. it makes the run smooth if you get 10+ people who know what to do and will need loot in your name.
--
"There is no good. No Evil. No Light. There is only PIE"

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
I'm a lucky guy who never had guild issues (and the most I've queued with guild wise is 3). I just get a lot of OP people on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

By Monday my 373 geared alts are winning the meters and the tanks are wiping us on Ultraxion repeatedly.

Arthritis

join:2011-10-20
Canada
reply to The0_o
I know we do LFR as a guild on Tuesday nights, and we do guild stack with at least 8 - 10 +. Doing so actually makes for an insta que on our server, which is awesome in itself when you consider it's a 25 man raid (sorta).

1-3 of that group is usually the stragglers with no RNG luck we're trying to help gear, as most of us don't need anything but the points.

But we will all need on absolutely anything a guildie needs to improve their chances of getting it. Mostly it's on token pieces. The trade off is generally a very smooth and easy run.

Does that make us asshats? Probably, but I do think everyone wins in most cases as your getting free points and 1/2 the raid isn't rolling on most 384 stuff. In addition, we have a pretty patient group that will gladly explain / lead in fight mechanics for everyone's benefits.