dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
This is a sub-selection from outgoing does cost.
jacobslive
Premium Member
join:2007-11-25
San Jose, CA

jacobslive to treich

Premium Member

to treich

Re: outgoing does cost.

said by treich:

as a reseller of voipo you have to understand it cost 1-2 dollars per outgoing caller id name.

I don't know what you exactly mean. If you mean $1-2 per call, then no phone companies would survive. If you mean average monthly cost, who cares? charge it from the customer or at least make it optional as those who need it will pay for it and use it.

If you mean you are a re-seller for voipo, good luck!
NYC Girl
Premium Member
join:2007-02-04
Bronx, NY

NYC Girl

Premium Member

I hear ya!!

I had to cancel and go back to optimum. Optimum started acting up with there billing and I left them for the FIOS triple play. I need to write a review for them. Customer service SUCKS though.
jacobslive
Premium Member
San Jose, CA

jacobslive

Premium Member

said by NYC Girl:

I had to cancel and go back to optimum. Optimum started acting up with there billing and I left them for the FIOS triple play. I need to write a review for them. Customer service SUCKS though.

Before I moved from NJ I had FIOS and it is really nice service. Once installed and running, there should not be any problem. I never called Verizon in nearly 3 years of FIOS for connectivity issues other than couple of times their gateway failed (hardware issue).

I really miss verizon FIOS here in Cali.

Though I never used their VOIP service, I cannot comment about the quality. I had only TV and Internet.

I will recommend PhonePower for VOIP service. They are not dirt cheap as magickjack or voipo, but cheaper than the triple play package offered by ISPs, vonage, etc.
NYC Girl
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

NYC Girl

Premium Member

said by jacobslive:

said by NYC Girl:

Before I moved from NJ I had FIOS and it is really nice service. Once installed and running, there should not be any problem. I never called Verizon in nearly 3 years of FIOS for connectivity issues other than couple of times their gateway failed (hardware issue).

I really miss verizon FIOS here in Cali.

Though I never used their VOIP service, I cannot comment about the quality. I had only TV and Internet.

I will recommend PhonePower for VOIP service. They are not dirt cheap as magickjack or voipo, but cheaper than the triple play package offered by ISPs, vonage, etc.

The Indy phone cos don't seem to work for me. I guess you get what you pay for. Too much trouble having to switch back and too much trouble dealing with customer service. If its not one thing it is another.

FIOS good so far. They always want to gauge you with billing. Always errors in their favor of course. Still working out the kinks.
jacobslive
Premium Member
San Jose, CA

jacobslive

Premium Member

Yeah, you are almost right, you get what you pay for. But with those bundles you don't get what you pay for. That's the only difference.
NYC Girl
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

NYC Girl

Premium Member

said by jacobslive:

Yeah, you are almost right, you get what you pay for. But with those bundles you don't get what you pay for. That's the only difference.

But for me I had so many issues with Voipo that I don't have with optimum voice or FIOS digital voice!!! Not worth all the tinkering and time and $$$ lost with poor service.
jacobslive
Premium Member
San Jose, CA

jacobslive

Premium Member

said by NYC Girl:

said by jacobslive:

But for me I had so many issues with Voipo that I don't have with optimum voice or FIOS digital voice!!! Not worth all the tinkering and time and $$$ lost with poor service.

I hear ya!

I had voipo for less than a hour, I put back the ATA and send back to them.

As far as phonepower goes, I was with them for 2 years and after a break back to them. Once the service established I never had issues.

I guess the bottom line is that you should be satisfied regardless who is your service provider is
NYC Girl
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

NYC Girl

Premium Member

said by jacobslive:

said by NYC Girl:

said by jacobslive:

I hear ya!

I had voipo for less than a hour, I put back the ATA and send back to them.

As far as phonepower goes, I was with them for 2 years and after a break back to them. Once the service established I never had issues.

I guess the bottom line is that you should be satisfied regardless who is your service provider is

Yes, because its always going to be SOMETHING! Too funny!!! What happened?? I had my service for approximately a month!!
This is a sub-selection from outgoing does cost.