how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ruddypict

join:2010-03-24
kudos:2

Hey indies, how about Cogeco TPIA?

So I keep seeing and hearing lots about the new prices and whatnot. But typically only for TPIA on Videotron and Rogers.

How about us people on the redheaded stepchild of the cable world (Cogeco)?

I understand if you don't have any prices to show or whatever. It would just be good to know some indie out there is moving in that direction.

Also, I'm aware that they have some limited TPIA from earlier (Iktel in Niagara and Teksavvy in Chatman I think?) -- but I'm interested in new developments.

Farchord
Lost somewhere.

join:2004-08-28
Shawinigan, QC
kudos:1

I agree, would be nice to know!

jfmezei
Premium
join:2007-01-03
Pointe-Claire, QC
kudos:23

i have not read the recent Cogeo filings. But when the "you must provide aggregated access" issue came out, the says that they have 2 totally separate networks, one in québec and one on nontario and that they would really require 2 separate interconnects to allow an ISP to cover both territories. I think (but not sure) that CRTC agreed with this.

Therefore, an ISP that decides to connect to Cogeco in ontario would not automatically cover quebec.

And note that withle TPIA will have a single physical point to connect the equivalent of the AHSSPI, ISPs will still have to choose which POIs they wish to serve (and provide sufficiet IPs for each POI they wish to serve).

ruddypict

Thanks for the info jf.

I'm getting the impression that the reason we haven't heard anything is because its not financially viable. Any indie would have to deal with Cogeco as if it were 2 different cable companies. Which means they would have to have 2 separate interconnects, upgrades would have to be done separately, etc.. With Cogeco's already steep rates it probably makes it a lot less inviting.

Cant wait

@videotron.ca
reply to ruddypict

I think Cogeco knows that as as soon as some decent resellers hit the scene they will be in for a pounding after they called all their customers thieves.

I think there will be a big jump from Cogeco compared to others like Rogers or Videotron.

heh, this guy had 900$ deducted from his account and has another 1200$ dollar bill. (see: »[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare)

Imagine paying ~1000$/month to a company who called you a thief? Who exactly is the thief? The tables are going to turn fast on this crappy company.

Can't wait to see the action that will unfold after they have used up all their stalling time. It's going to be a good show.

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
reply to ruddypict

said by ruddypict:

....How about us people on the redheaded stepchild of the cable world (Cogeco) ? ....

I was clean shaven when I first asked that question.

Now I look like Santa !

ruddypict

reply to Cant wait

said by Cant wait :

I think Cogeco knows that as as soon as some decent resellers hit the scene they will be in for a pounding after they called all their customers thieves.

You mean IF some decent resellers hit the scene. Still no bites on Cogeco TPIA.

Hell I find myself wishing for even a shitty reseller. Anyone who's not going to send me a goddamn $2400 monthly bill!