Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mech1164
I'll Be Back

join:2001-11-19
Lodi, NJ

The threats keeps coming

We now see where the real power is. After the WH said they wouldn't support it Hollywood shot back big time. I may want the current occupant of the WH out. What we have here is Blackmail pure and simple. I know this won't happen but would be nice if the Justice Dept (I know what justice) would do a full rectal exam of the whole entertainment industry. A man can dream can't he.

»www.deadline.com/2012/01/exclusi···y-stand/

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

DOJ arrests 7 for infringement

»online.wsj.com/article_email/SB1···yWj.html

Seven people have been charged with online piracy crimes in an indictment unsealed in northern Virginia. Four of those suspects are already in custody, authorities said.

The four were arrested in New Zealand. Federal agents and other law enforcement agencies simultaneously moved to search bank records and server farms in multiple locations around the globe, authorities said. The charges include conspiracy to commit racketeering and criminal copyright infringement.

According to the indictment, megaupload is responsible for at least $500 million in losses for the owners of the copyrights in question.

The indictment calls the company "a worldwide criminal organization whose members engaged in criminal copyright infringement and money laundering on a massive scale.''

Investigators estimate that megaupload's piracy business has earned them more than $175 million, according to the indictment.

The DOJ press release:
»www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2012/Janu···074.html

Anti-SOPA sentiment hasn't stopped the long arm of US justice from reaching around the world.
--
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
»www.politico.com/2012-election/

Pirate515
Premium
join:2001-01-22
Brooklyn, NY
said by FFH5:

The DOJ press release:

Anti-SOPA sentiment hasn't stopped the long arm of US justice from reaching around the world.

I wonder why DOJ site is crawling like a snail right now. Is Anonymous or another group giving them hell over this?
--
Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies...
A MESSAGE to the RIAA and the MPAA: You shouldn't wound what you can't kill...

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
said by Pirate515:

said by FFH5:

The DOJ press release:

I wonder why DOJ site is crawling like a snail right now. Is Anonymous or another group giving them hell over this?

The Anonymous scum DDOSed them:
»thenextweb.com/insider/2012/01/1···ad-case/
--
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
»www.politico.com/2012-election/

Noah Vail
Son made my Avatar
Premium
join:2004-12-10
Lorton, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Bright House

2 recommendations

said by FFH5:

The Anonymous scum DDOSed them:
»thenextweb.com/insider/2012/01/1···ad-case/

Go Anonymous

--
Adopting other people's animosity is The New Stupid.

gaforces
United We Stand, Divided We Fall

join:2002-04-07
Santa Cruz, CA
reply to FFH5
This illustrates that sopa and pipa are not needed, since they already have laws to protect ip.
--
Let them eat FIBER!