Caps stifle innovation
Premium
join:2006-04-14
Gautier, MS
Reviews:
·Vonage
·CableOne

Line quality issues

For the past week or so, more websites have become unresponsive, laggy, and now even my VoIP is suffering from it.

»/pingtest/3a48···/2869101

Is anyone else experiencing packet loss, high latency, or lag issues in general? It seems to happen at any time of the day now.

I'm wondering if my router is starting to bite the dust or if my modem is going bad, despite my stats all being in good shape.

Frequency 549000000 Hz
Signal To Noise Ratio 40.5 dB
Power Level 11.6 dBmV

Channel ID 1
Frequency 30669000 Hz
Power 30.7 dBmV
--
CableOne 10m/1m

jasonkradiog

@cellularsouth.com
My Internet has been down more than up in the northern Mississippi area since Sunday. They tell me the problem is known and effecting everyone in my area but they wont tell me when it will be corrected.

I hate leaving CableOne since I'm in a grandfathered plan without true cap but I have been considering it more and more lately. It just takes too long to get a problem corrected. I've been reporting it everyday, they see it, but will never answer when it will be corrected.

I Googled the number for the corporate office for the first time today thinking I might get a little further there. They just don't seem to have a way to escalate problems. The corporate office guy looked up my account and told me my issue has been on the "list that gets sent to the local office" every day. Well, that's awesome. But that doesn't seem to get the issue fixed.

In comparison, I've had DSL here. It just never seems to go down which I miss. But it's slower speed, AND capped. Sigh.

Now, when Cable One does it's weeks-of-poor-service thing I switch to Cellular South tethering. It's slow, and seems to have about 60% reliability overall. Just no good solution. I guess they have us where they want us.

I wouldn't assume your stuff is going bad.

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium
join:2006-04-14
Gautier, MS
Reviews:
·Vonage
·CableOne
I ended up finding out where my high latency and sluggishness was coming from though. My router is starting to need a reboot every couple of days. Pinging 192.168.1.1 would range anywhere from 11 ms to over 2000 ms, even with no network activity. It's almost 7 years old and the wireless flakes out every time I do large transfers now.

I've got a DIR-601 in its place temporarily. Much better performance but its a buggy router that just seems to drop my IM connections occasionally. It's annoying.

One issue that hasn't been fixed though is about 1/3 of the time, I have to click a webpage link twice to get it to respond. This happens on just about any website I use and isn't limited to just one of my computers. This is where I'm placing the blame on C1 because switching DNS servers certainly hasn't helped.
--
CableOne 10m/1m

cableonehs

@cableone.net
Same here. I've noticed this problem for a few months now. Some days it's better and others it's worse.

"One issue that hasn't been fixed though is about 1/3 of the time, I have to click a webpage link twice to get it to respond."