join:2003-04-02
Chandler, AZ
kudos:2

Reid is a scoundrel

That scoundrel will never relent until he completely screws us

ISurfTooMuch

join:2007-04-23
Tuscaloosa, AL

Are you kidding? Most all of them are scoundrels. They've either sold their souls, or they never had souls to begin with.

Noah Vail
Son made my Avatar
Premium
join:2004-12-10
Lorton, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Bright House

said by ISurfTooMuch:

Are you kidding? Most all of them are scoundrels. They've either sold their souls, or they never had souls to begin with.

Truer words....

I guess that's what kills me about this.
Both our Florida Senators (Bill Nelson-D & Marco Rubio-R) are pretty good guys. (Nelson had a decent track record for advocacy as FL's insurance commissioner).
Yet both of them signed on to PIPA, Rubio as a co-sponsor.

Is it even possible to hold office in the White House or Congress and not become owned by conglomerates?
--
Adopting other people's animosity is The New Stupid.

woody7
Premium
join:2000-10-13
Torrance, CA
reply to nutcr0cker

Being Dem, I am ashamed, but this is really a bipartisan thing also. Dems can take the money but it may cost them in the long run, what they should be saying is this legislation is wrong, and get input from more than just the industry, he11 didn't the industry write this piece o crap anyway, let them take the heat.
--
BlooMe

Noah Vail
Son made my Avatar
Premium
join:2004-12-10
Lorton, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Bright House

said by woody7:

Being Dem, I am ashamed, but this is really a bipartisan thing also.

Yes, but both parties are corrupted by corporations - beyond distinction.

It's just that some corporations traditionally favor Congressional Republicans. With other corps, it's Congressional Democrats.
See this article titled 'After Outcry, SOPA Backers Are Mainly Democrats'.

Neither party is less corrupt than the other.
--
Adopting other people's animosity is The New Stupid.

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19
reply to Noah Vail

Speaking of scoundrels did you guys see Santorum last night on the debate talking about this?

Basically taking both sides of the issue in one sentence. Can't stand that double talking POS.

All the other candidates backed away, with Ron Paul once again outclassing all the others by trying to block this bill before they others probably even heard about it.

Rand Paul has promised a filibuster.

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19
reply to Noah Vail

Absolutely.

woody7
Premium
join:2000-10-13
Torrance, CA
reply to Noah Vail

Totally agree
--
BlooMe

gorehound

join:2009-06-19
Portland, ME
reply to nutcr0cker

Washington is truly owned by Corporations.We will have to take our Government back if we ever want to have peace of mind

FutureMon
Ach Du Lieber
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
join:2000-10-05
Seaside, CA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to Noah Vail

said by Noah Vail:

Is it even possible to hold office in the White House or Congress and not become owned by conglomerates?

I think it's one of those things like "When in Rome, do as the Romans do".

Otherwise, you're not gonna fit in, and that would mean you wouldn't be there very long.

The other side of that is similar to the way if something gets repeated enough, people will believe it whether it's right or wrong. And in the case of politics, when the people around you are constantly doing these things and "getting away with it", over time it will affect you and you will eventually begin to do the same.

- FM
--
Q: How many theoretical physicists specializing in general relativity does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two. One to hold the bulb and one to rotate the universe.

Stumbles

join:2002-12-17
Port Saint Lucie, FL
reply to woody7

AFAIU it was written by the MPAA/RIAA to serve their own purposes and damn anyone else.