spc
uniqs

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

TitusTroy to More Fiber

to More Fiber

Re: [IMG] 1.9 Likes / Dislikes & Bugs

I think the colors in the Guide are fine...the colors in the 'Menu' portion could use a bit of tweaking (better contrast)...the colors, fonts and clarity of the Guide is beautiful though

keyboards
join:2001-02-14
Doylestown, PA

keyboards

said by TitusTroy:

I think the colors in the Guide are fine...the colors in the 'Menu' portion could use a bit of tweaking (better contrast)...the colors, fonts and clarity of the Guide is beautiful though

I suspect that you don't suffer from partial red / green color blindness (an affliction of about 5% of the male population). I do and I can't differentiate all of the colors in the guide, but then again, I'm used to that type of discrimination Could hte choices be better, yes, is it a big deal, no.
DaveR5
join:2007-07-17

DaveR5

When pausing playback, the info bar stays on indefinitely. It would be nice if the info bar disappeared after some time, and also if a screen saver would appear after 5 minutes or more. I need to avoid pausing for long stretches of time for fear of image retention on my TV.

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

TitusTroy to keyboards

to keyboards
said by keyboards:

I suspect that you don't suffer from partial red / green color blindness (an affliction of about 5% of the male population). I do and I can't differentiate all of the colors in the guide, but then again, I'm used to that type of discrimination Could hte choices be better, yes, is it a big deal, no.

I understand why you want the colors changed...but honestly do the colors really matter in terms of the Guide itself?...I look at the Guide and read it based off of what info the Guide displays about the channels I am looking at...the colors to me are not what I use to read it...they are just a colorful representation of movies, sports etc but I honestly don't pay any attention at all to the colors

I guess some people do use the colors to guide them but I think of them as eye candy but they don't serve any real purpose...the channel numbers and program info is what I look at

as far as native passthrough...most channels are 1080i so the lag only affects a small number of channels...although it does affect me as I watch a lot of the ESPN HD channels...but again the lag is more then worth it, especially if you're a videophile

joe01880
join:2007-10-26
Wakefield, MA

joe01880 to keyboards

to keyboards
said by keyboards:

said by TitusTroy:

I have both red/green and blue/yellow color blindness and the see the color scheme just fine. Maybe recalibrate your TV.
justin9876
join:2006-04-21
Mount Juliet, TN

justin9876

said by joe01880:

said by keyboards:

said by TitusTroy:

I have both red/green and blue/yellow color blindness and the see the color scheme just fine. Maybe recalibrate your TV.

I think Joe is right on. I am red/green colorblind and I find the colors on the Guide, Menu, VOD, etc. are just fine, easily readable.

keyboards
join:2001-02-14
Doylestown, PA

keyboards to joe01880

to joe01880
said by joe01880:

said by keyboards:

said by TitusTroy:

My set is calibrated. There are varying degrees causing various shades and hues to indistinguishable.

As I said in my original post about this IT"S NOT A BIG DEAL and I have not made a fuss about the color scheme being changed, just an observation.
djoropallo
join:2003-10-20
Maple Shade, NJ

djoropallo to DaveR5

to DaveR5
said by DaveR5:

When pausing playback, the info bar stays on indefinitely. It would be nice if the info bar disappeared after some time, and also if a screen saver would appear after 5 minutes or more. I need to avoid pausing for long stretches of time for fear of image retention on my TV.

I hit Exit and the bar disappears. Newer sets don't have the image retention issue the older ones had, but I don't know how long a pause will hold. I paused live TV on 1.8 and after 10 - 15 minutes it started on it's own and moved to the end of the buffer instead of picking up at the pause point, don't like that.

joe01880
join:2007-10-26
Wakefield, MA

1 edit

joe01880 to keyboards

to keyboards
said by keyboards:

My set is calibrated. There are varying degrees causing various shades and hues to indistinguishable.

As I said in my original post about this IT"S NOT A BIG DEAL and I have not made a fuss about the color scheme being changed, just an observation.

I stand corrected, by my wife. I am not seeing the difference between the red and green things in the guide because..im not seeing it. The 2 colors are canceling each other out and appear red to me (i didnt even know there was a green) or so my wife is telling me. we do not get the chance to sit down and watch TV together often. So who knows what other colors im not seeing or seeing correctly. In the future never listen to anything i have to say about colors. i am way to color blind to be trusted.

Has anyone said anything about the new bookmark with the VOD feature?
When you back out of the bookmark you goto it doesnt take back to bookmarks?