how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

pima67

join:2010-06-16
Tucson, AZ

Zyxel P-660R-D1 loses internet connectivity

I'm trying to set up a Linksys E2500 wireless router behind the Zyxel modem. When I change the modem to bridge mode it "loses" internet connectivity - internet light on modem goes out and IE/Firefox cannot access the internet. What gives?

I'm having problems with Linksys's install software and will have to contact them about that but I wondered if the modem losing internet connection has anything to do with it.

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1

said by pima67:

When I change the modem to bridge mode it "loses" internet connectivity - internet light on modem goes out and IE/Firefox cannot access the internet

This is normal, the modem makes the dsl link and it starts a pppoe session

When you put the modem in bridge mode that disables the modems pppoe client
You must set the router to start a pppoe session
Before bridging the modem make sure you end the modems pppoe session

pima67

join:2010-06-16
Tucson, AZ
reply to pima67

Since I first posted, I read on a Cnet review of the E2500 that Cisco Connect needs internet access to set up the router. Guess I'll have do it manually via the browser inteface.

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1

said by pima67:

I read on a Cnet review of the E2500 that Cisco Connect needs internet access to set up the router

You should avoid using cisco connect

You can manually set up the e2500 just set the internet connection type to pppoe and enter your email address and password

You can also reconfigure the e2500 so that it works like a wifi access point and you won't need to bridge the p-660r