Search similar:

uniqs

eon Dedo
@rogers.com

eon Dedo

Anon

[Extreme Plus] Rogers Extreme internet Speedtest

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 6502.png

I have had this shit connection for months now it was 50/2 forever, had 3 techs come out and say everything is fine with the line.

I live in Brampton Airport & Gore Area

Any ideas?

Thanks
scorpido
Premium Member
join:2009-11-02
Abbotsford, BC

scorpido

Premium Member

Don't use the Kitchener server It is crap. Use the Toronto server to get a more accurate result.

bfksc
Unlimited on Vmedia
join:2011-11-22
canada

bfksc to eon Dedo

to eon Dedo
said by eon Dedo :

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 6502.png
I have ... this shit connection

Extreme is 24/1 mbps...you're getting what you're paying for right now, except the upload should be faster. If you had higher peaks in the past, that was a bonus as they say "up to", which is their way of covering their butts if you don't get the best speeds on your line.

Having said that, if you were getting 50mbps on tests prior, then your area is probably getting saturated with more users. Do speedtests at 8am, noon, 4pm, 8pm, and see if the speed changes based on time of day. If so, then it's user congestion.
bfksc

bfksc to scorpido

to scorpido
said by scorpido:

Don't use the Kitchener server It is crap. Use the Toronto server to get a more accurate result.

Ooo...missed that...yes the TO server always gives me the best results too, even though the Clifford server seems to be chosen more often based on ping.

eon Dedo
@rogers.com

eon Dedo to bfksc

Anon

to bfksc
I have extreme plus 50/2
eon Dedo

eon Dedo

Anon

Also I tried Oakville Toronto servers no difference other than the ping which is expected. Upload still under 0.5 and download is btween 25-30

I have the SMCD3GN modem if that helps
QL0G1C
join:2007-02-20
King City

QL0G1C to eon Dedo

to eon Dedo
shit speeds in richmond hill again on extreme plus

Triple Helix
DNA
Premium Member
join:2007-07-26
Oshawa, ON

4 edits

Triple Helix to eon Dedo

Premium Member

to eon Dedo
Here in Oshawa it's always beyond good for 32 down and 1 up! Uploads could be better! Using SMC wireless Modem/Router

TH

bfksc
Unlimited on Vmedia
join:2011-11-22
canada

bfksc to eon Dedo

to eon Dedo
said by eon Dedo :

I have extreme plus 50/2

No that's Ultimate at 50/2.
Extreme Plus is 32/1.

You might be getting speeds in the 50mbps range when testing on SpeedTest.net though, thanks to Rogers Speedboost.

Speedboost from Rogers gives you a boost of speed for the first 10megs of data, then it drops back to the rated speed. SpeedTest.net shows this boost and why many people think they're getting faster speeds. It's a way for Rogers to deceive** their customers into thinking they're getting more than they pay for, and why Rogers really pushes users to test on SpeedTest.net as their way of checking the line speeds.

** I say "deceive" because they don't tell you about Speedboost when testing your line on SpeedTest.net, they just claim that's your speed, which is incorrect for any transfers larger than 10megs.
bfksc

bfksc to Triple Helix

to Triple Helix
said by Triple Helix:

Here in Oshawa it's always beyond good for 32 down and 1 up!

SpeedTest.net is showing your boosted speeds for the test, not for longer transfers. See my post above about Speedboost from Rogers, or read this on their website:

»www.rogers.com/web/conte ··· oostonsb

Triple Helix
DNA
Premium Member
join:2007-07-26
Oshawa, ON

Triple Helix

Premium Member

said by bfksc:

said by Triple Helix:

Here in Oshawa it's always beyond good for 32 down and 1 up!

SpeedTest.net is showing your boosted speeds for the test, not for longer transfers. See my post above about Speedboost from Rogers, or read this on their website:

»www.rogers.com/web/conte ··· oostonsb

I have 3 here over 60Mbps »/archi ··· 23&r=484 with this test site: »speedtest.sourcecable.ca/ with uses much more then 10Mbps for the test! And yes I knew about Speed Boost!

TH

eon Dedo
@rogers.com

eon Dedo to bfksc

Anon

to bfksc
i meant ultimate the 50/2 plan that is what i have. Im getting shitty 25/0.5 but i was torrenting and my download speed was 1.9mb the last two days.
aereolis
join:2003-06-12
Brampton, ON

aereolis to eon Dedo

to eon Dedo
You can't use torrents as a speed test because rogers throttles upload speeds to 8 kilobytes a second for torrents, thus based on torrent technology (your peers see you are uploading to them at 0.5 kb/sec, they choke you) also limiting your download speed on the torrent.