nerdburg
Premium
join:2009-08-20
Schuylkill Haven, PA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

[Caps] Please sign the petition to raise or eliminate the cap

»www.change.org/petitions/comcast···sage-cap

I promise I will personally insist that Comcast gives this issue the attention it deserves.

anon6

@comcast.net

Re: [Caps] Please sign the petition to raise or eliminate the ca

Why does it need all my info for? Why not use one that just requires an email address and a reason for signing? The cap is stupid and unnecessary in this day and age, forcing people into business accounts is not the answer.

C_Chipperson
Monster Rain
Premium
join:2009-01-17
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to nerdburg

IF Comcast takes any action due to this petition, it will be metered billing and a higher bill for those of us who use "a lot" of data. I'd put money on it. Maybe I should buy some Comcast stock

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10
reply to nerdburg

Done!

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4
reply to nerdburg

/yawn...no thanks....

JPnATL

join:2011-11-16
Bethlehem, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast

2 recommendations

reply to nerdburg

Where do I sign to make sure the cap stays in place because its a bit silly that they have plans for high usage users but yet people want to sign on for something they hate then complain about it.Its like buying a car that has no A/C and you refuse to drive a car that does not have A/C so you say how stupid the car is because it has no A/C but you knew that before you purchased it.Ok so that example was a bit silly as well but how relevant.

Ripper
Premium
join:2002-02-07
West Palm Beach, FL
reply to nerdburg

Is there a place to sign, for a lower cap/lower price plan with same speeds?

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
Happy Valley

"Comcast Cable: Raise or eliminate the data usage cap"

Expand your moderator at work

Zoder

join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL
reply to Johkal

I can understand that people here don't need a bigger capat this time, i'm one of them, but I don't understand why anyone would be against those who want a bigger cap letting Comcast know.

250 GB is not going to be reasonable amount for all time and it doesn't hurt anyone if customers who would like a larger cap, makes their voice heard to Comcast. By letting their voices be heard, Comcast can evaluate demand and make changes they deem appropriate.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Zoder

I cant answer for other people. But i rejected signing on the basis that im well within the cap. And we all know why we even have a cap to start with. the grass isnt always greener and why should people that have no problem with the cap take the chance of what could turn out worse for us. Im fine with things remaining exactly as they are. If people want to use more let them get the business account and go at it.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
Happy Valley

I have never gone over the cap, however I do stream Netflix & would watch more if it didn't impact my usage as much. Just because I don't go over, it doesn't mean that I should not see the bigger picture here & see it's the right thing to do by increasing the limit.

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium
join:2005-07-01
Atlanta, GA

1 recommendation

said by Johkal:

I have never gone over the cap, however I do stream Netflix & would watch more if it didn't impact my usage as much. Just because I don't go over, it doesn't mean that I should not see the bigger picture here & see it's the right thing to do by increasing the limit.

Thank you for a reasoned and logical response.
--
Teabaggers: Destroying America is Priority #1

ExoticFish

join:2008-08-31
Stuarts Draft, VA
reply to rody_44

Is raising the cap going to have a negative effect on YOU ?
--
»www.TheExoticFish.com
»www.ImTan.info

Les Data

@comcast.net

1 edit
reply to nerdburg

I don't use what they give me now.
If I need more, I'll just get out my check book.

anonneh

@reliablehosting.com
reply to nerdburg

I do not believe in the cap system and never will, but I do not believe a petition will do anything. This was already done when they first implemented it with thousands of signatures, comcast does not care about this.

JigglyWiggly

join:2009-07-12
Pleasanton, CA

Can't it use facebook or something?

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
reply to nerdburg

Online petitions are completely useless. This, with it's 35 signatures, has no chance of having any effect on comcast.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT

3 recommendations

reply to nerdburg

Remember when everyone cried about not knowing what the soft cap was and demanded answers, clarity, etc? You got what you asked for....
I am not a fan of capped service at all, just figured my mother was right when she said be careful of what you wish for....

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to Alcohol

said by Alcohol:

Online petitions are completely useless. This, with it's 35 signatures, has no chance of having any effect on comcast.

Hell, with 35,000 signatures it had no chance of having any effect on Comcast. Let me know when it reaches 500,000.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

nerdburg
Premium
Schuylkill Haven, PA
reply to Alcohol

said by Alcohol:

Hey it's got 38 signatures now! Gotta start somewhere. Will Comcast listen? I dunno, but it doesn't hurt to try.

nonamesleft

join:2011-11-07
Manitowoc, WI
reply to nerdburg

What about a petition to stop/eliminate or freeze rate hikes!

nerdburg
Premium
Schuylkill Haven, PA
reply to nonamesleft

said by nonamesleft:

What about a petition to stop/eliminate or freeze rate hikes!

Bay steps man, baby steps!

AndyDufresne
Premium
join:2010-10-30
Chanhassen, MN

2 edits
reply to nonamesleft

The cap petition might get some where but a rate freeze ain't going to happen since it would directly impact future revenues and stockholders don't like that. Don't know any company that would agree to a rate freeze based on a petition.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
reply to nerdburg

NO THANKS!!!!
if they act on such a petition it'll be for the worse

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

Where can I sign a petition to demand that comcast business stop using SMC gateways and move to a cisco solution with dual powersupplies(ie 3900 line)? if such a petition were there then I'd sign it

or atleast offer such a cisco solution as an option, I'd gladly pay a bit more per month for a cisco 3925e to replace the SMC

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to ExoticFish

Lets suppose comcast does listen and goes with a charge after the first 250 GB. 6 months from now i actually go over my 250 and get charged. So yes it could effect me. Ide rather see things remain the same and that way if i go over once every two years i am not getting charged at all. 250 is plenty. People that want more can get a business account. Ide preferr that we light users are not subsidizing the heavy users