Premium Member
join:2003-03-19
Mayaguez, PR
·DM Wireless

caribconsult to Charles49

Premium Member

to Charles49

Re: 313U Air Card

Hi Charles, sorry it took this long to respond to you. The CP router and 4G is highly variable, depending on just what kind of 4G your have; there are several levels: HSPA, HSPA+ and LTE, and probably a few more, but the point is, my CTR500, which ran fine when I used it with Sprint 3G, ran like crap with the 313U when I upgraded to 4G. My service was in the HSPA-HSPA+ range. CP Tech made minor config changes but reliability was awful. It would just dump and crash regularly There are two firmware uploads at CP's site you need for some router and aircards, but even with all that it ran so bad I bagged it and used the aircard in my travel laptop as a windows ICS host (not my favorite configuration).

As soon as it went LTE about a month ago I tried the router again and it ran the best I've ever seen....the router/modem combo stays connected for days at a time and reconnects withing 20 seconds if it drops for some unknown reason.

Go figure. I spent hours with a very good techguy at CP and he was as astonished as I was. You can tell what level you have with the software that comes with the device, the "Connection Manager" and you can also tell by looking at the LEDs on the aircard. Holding the aircard with the AT&T logo at the top, the left light is blue if the device is powered up. The right light will be blue for any variety of HSPA, and it will go green for LTE. That's how I discovered they had switched. The difference in performance is remarkable. Plus it stays connected. If you've got a green light, then I'd go with the CP router line. Their tech support is good and I've had no problems with mine other than what I described above. If you don't have LTE, I'd make sure I could get my money back on any 4G router, CP or not, if it doesn't behave well.

I hope this helps you. Just IM me if you have any other questions.
This is a sub-selection from 313U Air Card