how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

drgensel

join:2000-09-20
Rio Rancho, NM

Outage

Cableone has had a data outage in Rio Rancho, NM for 3+ hours now. The automated system confirms the outage...it's great to see they are on this and fixing it in a timely fashion (ha).

KittyFace

@mycingular.net

There is also an outage in Roswell, NM. This doesn't bode well, sounds like some bubba cut a line with his plow or something.

drgensel

Rio Rancho, NM
reply to drgensel

6 hours and counting

por356s

@myvzw.com
reply to drgensel

Still .. now 8:15 am sunday morning... strange thing is, my boost (sprint) service went down at the same time and is also sill out?!?!?!?

DanW

@cableone.net
reply to drgensel

Cable One seems to be back up but Sprint is still out of commission. How are the two linked or was this simultaneous outage a coincidence?

Tumbleweed

@cableone.net
reply to por356s

I saw that as well. The web (edge) was out on my GF cell phone as well but the phone worked she's T-Moblie. It makes me wonder if something real big went on and they aren't telling us. Cable One, Sprint and T-moblie !

drgensel

Rio Rancho, NM

My Cableone connection was down 12 hours (almost exactly). During that time, I used my T-Mobile phone as a modem and that worked fine.

drgensel

Rio Rancho, NM
reply to por356s

»www.kob.com/article/stories/S246···?cat=500

This explains your issue with cellular....

az00935
Premium
join:2010-09-09
reply to drgensel

Outage hit Prescott AZ area at about the same time, but for over 24 hours, from about 3:00 pm Saturday 1/21/2012 to after 5:00 pm Sunday 1/22/2012. This is a DOCSIS 3.0 system, and speed was cut to 10-40% of normal as the modem unbonded and bonded channels from 2 to 1 and 1 to 2 extremely often and unpredictably. Normally 4 channels are bonded for around 50 Mbps download speed. Also,two complete outages, internet and phone (cable one offers triple play in Prescott) around 5 pm Saturday and 3 pm Sunday.