share rss forum feed

clarknova

join:2010-02-23
Grande Prairie, AB
kudos:7
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

Thomson RMA info?

I have a Thomson SpeedTouch ST516v6 that one day went into recovery mode and won't come out of it. The power LED is alternating red and green at 2-second intervals, so I set up a bootp and tftp server and attempted to feed it a firmware bin file. While watching the wire, I see the bootp request come in, the bootp server response looks normal, but rather than attempt to connect to the tftp server, the modem just continues to send bootp requests every second.

So my guess is that the ethernet port is deaf. If somebody else has another suggestion, I'd like to hear it, but I'm thinking it's RMA time. The only problem is that I haven't been able to locate any distributor info for this model. I bought it in Canada from ncix, but of course ncix doesn't handle returns beyond 30 days. Does anybody know where I can go to for warranty handling on this hardware?
--
db

lugnut

@look.ca

I believe they're currently owned by Alcatel-Lucent.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcatel-Lucent

quote:
Alcatel-Lucent acquired Nortel's UMTS radio access business at the end of 2006. During 2007 the company acquired Canadian metro WDM networking supplier Tropic Networks, Inc.; enterprise services gateway products developer NetDevices; IPTV software company Tamblin; and the telecommunications consulting practice Thompson Advisory Group, Inc.

I'd suggest contacting Alcatel's headquarters in France for info on an RMA.

clarknova

join:2010-02-23
Grande Prairie, AB
kudos:7

Thanks for the info.
--
db