Houston, TX

1 edit

Mentat to El Quintron

Premium Member

to El Quintron
said by El Quintron:

said by Ghastlyone:

Nice, that's good to hear.

One thing that drives me crazy playing the first BL, is no mini map on my screen. I gotta constantly hit Tab to open my UI and go to the map there.

It has a mini-map now and it's better than the echo-tracking from the first one, I'll post a bit more when I've done some solo time, right now I end up in the middle of the action, behind my squadmates who've taken the week off to play this.

So I'm stuck at level 9 with a bunch of level 17 characters at the moment, I'm mostly following and getting my ass handed to me. So I haven't had time to get comfortable, I'm just gaining levels and trying to keep up.

Yeah, it seems that +/- a couple levels really makes a huge difference. A pal of mine jumped in with us while we were lvl 8 or so and he was lvl 4 and he just got fucking handled.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to Goggalor

Premium Member

to Goggalor
said by Goggalor:

Especially with it being on a short CD.

short CD?

Didn't get that one.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

I'm guessing cooldown.

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by ekster:

I'm guessing cooldown.

Makes sense, thanks
El Quintron

El Quintron to Mentat

Premium Member

to Mentat
said by Mentat:

Yeah, it seems that +/- a couple levels really makes a huge difference. A pal of mine jumped in with us while we were lvl 8 or so and he was lvl 4 and he just got fucking handled.

At level 9 with a level 17 team, those needle-stalker things (phasing spider ants that shoot needles at you) were eating alive, if it hit me, I was dead.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor to El Quintron

Premium Member

to El Quintron
said by El Quintron:

said by ekster:

I'm guessing cooldown.

Makes sense, thanks

I apologize for the abbreviation. Yes, like ekster stated, it stands for cooldown (I blame WoW ).

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by Goggalor:

I apologize for the abbreviation. Yes, like ekster stated, it stands for cooldown (I blame WoW ).

S'all good I figured it was something like that, but I wanted to make sure I was getting it.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

One thing that I noticed right off the bat as compared to the first game is that the weapon models are much more varied and nicer looking. And that is just at the early levels; the higher levels must have some crazy looking shite.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
One thing I like, at least on the first game, is a lot of the guns feel and sound like they have real power.

There's nothing worse then playing a FPS and the guns have wimpy sound effects and feel. Metro 2033 is a perfect example. The weapons are terrible in that game.

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron to Goggalor

Premium Member

to Goggalor
said by Goggalor:

One thing that I noticed right off the bat as compared to the first game is that the weapon models are much more varied and nicer looking. And that is just at the early levels; the higher levels must have some crazy looking shite.

I got the Gearbox pre-order guns yesterday and they looked pretty cool

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
Your Mind!

Goggalor to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

One thing I like, at least on the first game, is a lot of the guns feel and sound like they have real power.

There's nothing worse then playing a FPS and the guns have wimpy sound effects and feel. Metro 2033 is a perfect example. The weapons are terrible in that game.

The gun sound effects, I will give to you, but the rest of Metro 2033 was just plain awesome.

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by Goggalor:

The gun sound effects, I will give to you, but the rest of Metro 2033 was just plain awesome.

I can hardly wait to try that now that I have a decent video card, I bought it years ago on special, but I had a 9800GTX so I put it down thinking I'd miss out.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by El Quintron:

said by Goggalor:

I can hardly wait to try that now that I have a decent video card, I bought it years ago on special, but I had a 9800GTX so I put it down thinking I'd miss out.

It is only about 8 hours, but I really liked the story and the atmosphere of the game.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to El Quintron

Premium Member

to El Quintron
said by El Quintron:

said by Goggalor:

Don't get your hopes up. That game with full physics enabled on ultra settings will bring even most top end GPUs to their knees.

If I remember correctly, Metro is one of the most hardware intensive games out there at the moment.

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron to Goggalor

Premium Member

to Goggalor
I looked pretty cool, I did the first chapter and found it very intense... so I'm looking forward to giving it a go again.
El Quintron

El Quintron to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

Don't get your hopes up. That game with full physics enabled on ultra settings will bring even most top end GPUs to their knees.

If I remember correctly, Metro is one of the most hardware intensive games out there at the moment.

That's excellent, I did a couple of upgrades in the last six months so I want to my new setup to the test, I'll try and max it out and work my way down.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by El Quintron:

said by Ghastlyone:

That's excellent, I did a couple of upgrades in the last six months so I want to my new setup to the test, I'll try and max it out and work my way down.

Yeah its a great bench mark type game to run. Even with my setup, I think I was only getting 30-40fps. The game looks fuckin badass though.

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

I'm gonna be running a 3770 + GTX670 so I'm hoping it'll be decent... everything is stock though.

What are you running, I know you probably mentionned it in a previous thread, but I don't remember.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

i5 3570k at 4.0ghz and a 448core 560ti running a 925mhz overclock. Not the greatest by any means, but Metro surprised me at how taxing it can be.

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by Ghastlyone:

i5 3570k at 4.0ghz and a 448core 560ti running a 925mhz overclock. Not the greatest by any means, but Metro surprised me at how taxing it can be.

If it's taxing that system it's pretty hardcore.

I'm running the same generation of CPU as yours and my card is only one generation newer, I'll be surprised if I can max it.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by El Quintron:

said by Ghastlyone:

If it's taxing that system it's pretty hardcore.

I'm running the same generation of CPU as yours and my card is only one generation newer, I'll be surprised if I can max it.

Haha, that's why I said don't get your hopes up

It's pretty bad when benchmarks out there show SLI setups and Ivy Bridges only mustering ~50fps max.

cyrus360
Getting Freaky With It
Premium Member
join:2003-02-16
Sedro Woolley, WA

cyrus360 to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
Loving this game so far. One of the few games where I don't fast-forward through the cut scenes and listen to all the dialog. I was cracking up at Claptrap when he tells you to shoot the gate with the big cannon.

I really love the graphics. Especially the boss intro mini-clips. I've got a pretty beastly rig and it runs smooth with all settings maxed. I get a little bit of texture caching/loading delay but nothing like the first one.

I scored the game for $40 on GreenManGaming too so that makes it even better. One of the funnest and funniest FPSRPG's out there for sure.

jmn1207
Premium Member
join:2000-07-19
Sterling, VA

jmn1207

Premium Member

The dialogue is hilarious for sure. Sir Hammerlock is always making me crack up. His exasperation with trying to rename the bullymongs where he just gives up and calls them "bonerfarts" had me laughing all night long.

That and his account of claptrap attempting to..."integrate" with the control box had me rolling as well.
StubbyinKCMO
join:2008-11-15
Kansas City, MO

StubbyinKCMO

OOOO man, the spoiler about bonerfarts about had me crying I was laughing so hard. Just started that side mission.

Got to level 10 last night only running solo missions. And yes, there are a LOT of funny things happening in this game that go above and beyond the first one.

Told my buddy in Brazil (since he is one of the ones waiting as well for it to unlock in a couple days) to look in every nook and cranny as Gearbox have hidden a LOT of things. Way more so than in the first BL. And the attention to detail is just beyond amazing. Just little things, that you wouldnt think they would add, but did.

Running on most everything on Ultra on my sort of current setup. Phyx when using Maya powers, is unreal the amount of particles that get stirred up.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· kDrKvBRU

Really glad I am not still on my 8800GTX.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Hopefully I will unlock mine tonight to get into the fun.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
GMG JUST sent me the email with the key, telling me the game will be available for pre-load as of September 14... bastards!

Ryan
Premium Member
join:2001-03-03
Boston, MA

Ryan

Premium Member

said by ekster:

GMG JUST sent me the email with the key, telling me the game will be available for pre-load as of September 14... bastards!

Weird I got my email on Friday. It also showed up in my account.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

I'mma wait for a steam sale on this one.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

It has been as low as $34 on GMG, I feel is going to take a while to go on sale, but I guess you (as many of us) have plenty of games to play so I understand where you are coming from.