Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to beldin

Premium Member

to beldin

Re: Borderlands 2

I just got this game during the recent Steam sale and I'm still very early in it. My Steam id is bionicRod if anyone sees me on and wants to do some co-op one of these days, feel free to add.

Samus82
Radly
join:2002-01-29
Pflugerville, TX

Samus82 to shinjuru

to shinjuru
if anyone wants to play, i and a friend have a level 30. my steam name is Radly

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
God this game runs like shit at times. I picked it up this morning from the Steam sale. Under heavy battle in game, I get a lot of stuttering and down right shitty frame rates.

Other times, it runs absolutely beautiful. Reading some searches online, it seems I'm not the only one. You would think a game that's been out for 3 months now would have been optimized a little better.

PhysX is what killing performance. And you cannot completely disable it.

What's weird, is my GPU usage is showing barely nothing at all in game. Usually 50% or so. My core clock is set to 925mhz, and in game just now the GPU was running at no more then 768mhz.

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ

C0deZer0

Premium Member

What kinda card are you running? And how are you able to tell what your GPU usage is?

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by C0deZer0:

What kinda card are you running? And how are you able to tell what your GPU usage is?

An EVGA 448 Core 560ti Classified.

Running EVGA Precision X, I track GPU usage, fan speed, and temps right in game.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Samus82

Premium Member

to Samus82
I am Jobaq on Steam so add me up for some co-ops!

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
Alright, I made some more adjustments and it seems to be running pretty awesome now.

Turned Dynamic Shadows off in the Config .INI file. Turned Ambient Occlusion off, Vsync off, and set Frame Rates to Unlimited.

I'm running PhysX at Medium setting. I'm getting a little tiny bit of screen tearing here and there, but not too bad. After making these adjustments, my video card is running full tilt and actually making noise now.
primeomega
join:2004-03-11
De Pere, WI

primeomega to shinjuru

to shinjuru
My daughter and I have been playing for a few days, great game. Just about to do some of the DLC, see what that all brings to the game.

Running 670sli right now, sits at about 100fps with all turned up to full. Daughter has my old card, 285gtx and she plays with med settings at around 50fps.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
I've noticed this game is much much tougher then the first Borderlands. Ammo is more scarce at times (you never seem to get ammo for your equipped guns) and enemy AI is better this time.

So far, it's a huge improvement over the first game.
Ghastlyone

Ghastlyone to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
This is such an awesome game. I'm currently level 27 and playing Maya. Phaselock is beastly.

There is so much great dialog in this game, that you definitely don't want to skip over.

So far, the side quest where you have to start a clan war between the Hodunks and the Zafords is pure comedy.

This game isn't without it's flaws though. There are still some annoying quirks here and there that will get under your skin a bit.

Here are a few of mine....

Backtracking through a completed map after finishing a quest and hitting repawns, is annoying.

No option when purchasing ammo for "BUY ALL AMMO"?? Really?

In the first Borderlands when you got a headshot with any weapon, most the time there head exploded into a million bits and stayed that way. In BL2 when you headshot someone, their head explodes, but when you run up to their corpse their head is magically back on their body. That really annoys me.

There are some control issues here and there with getting stuck on certain parts of raised terrain.

All and all though, any quirks or issues this game has shouldn't sway anyone from picking it up and playing through it. It's still a top notch game.

FizzyMyNizzy
join:2004-05-29
New York, NY

3 edits

FizzyMyNizzy to beldin

to beldin
said by beldin:

Ya, I generally use the golden keys at lower levels or when weapons get a little stale.

So, I just wiped out my boot drive and reinstalled my OS. Went from Windows XP to Windows 7. Noticed quite a difference. Going from DX9 to DX 11 is some serious change. Things look so much better. Particles are outstanding and the Physx is pretty nice. I'm on a low-end system by today's standards, but it runs well and looks really good.

My major complaint is that I can't use wireless to connect to my router with Windows 7 and play BL2. The constant pinging of the servers conflicts somehow with the wireless data rate and I'm getting choppy/laggy/hesitating video. When I disable the wireless adapter, it's as smooth as glass. This only happens with BL2. All my other games don't exhibit this behavior. So, I'm going to have to run 100' of ethernet from my office to the router. It kinda sucks, but at least I'll be able to play online once that's done.

400+ hours and still loving the game.

Did you tweak the .INI file? for the DX 11??

most people said this game is only dx9 only, and 32bit.

RockCake
Premium Member
join:2005-07-12
Woodbridge, VA

1 edit

RockCake to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
Just picked up Borderlands 2 and playing as Axton (GOTTA have my turret!) and I like the little tweaks so far. The mini map helps, and I like being able to pick up items without leaving my vehicle.
Handsome Jack is a goddam prick bastard...I found out what happened to Helena Pierce. I just want to kick his ass (not kill him, that would be to easy).....repeatedly.

A question: What are the season passes for? I saw one listed in my downloadable content but it doesn't seem to do anything.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

1 recommendation

ekster

Premium Member

Season pass gets you all the DLCs.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to FizzyMyNizzy

Premium Member

to FizzyMyNizzy
said by FizzyMyNizzy:

said by beldin:

Ya, I generally use the golden keys at lower levels or when weapons get a little stale.

So, I just wiped out my boot drive and reinstalled my OS. Went from Windows XP to Windows 7. Noticed quite a difference. Going from DX9 to DX 11 is some serious change. Things look so much better. Particles are outstanding and the Physx is pretty nice. I'm on a low-end system by today's standards, but it runs well and looks really good.

My major complaint is that I can't use wireless to connect to my router with Windows 7 and play BL2. The constant pinging of the servers conflicts somehow with the wireless data rate and I'm getting choppy/laggy/hesitating video. When I disable the wireless adapter, it's as smooth as glass. This only happens with BL2. All my other games don't exhibit this behavior. So, I'm going to have to run 100' of ethernet from my office to the router. It kinda sucks, but at least I'll be able to play online once that's done.

400+ hours and still loving the game.

Did you tweak the .INI file? for the DX 11??

most people said this game is only dx9 only, and 32bit.

From what I read, there's no way to enable DX11 in this game. Not even through the .INI file. It just doesn't support it.
Ghastlyone

Ghastlyone to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
Handsome Jack has got to be the greastest video game villan of all time. Seriously.

Some of his quotes are pure gold. The guy is such a witty asshole.

I've actually laughed out loud at some of the side quest commentary. The side quest in Eridium Blight with Mal the robot is funny as hell.

This game gets better and better the more you play it.

jmn1207
Premium Member
join:2000-07-19
Sterling, VA

jmn1207

Premium Member

Agreed, it is a lot of fun. The game is more difficult than the first version, but only in the sense that you need to experience the challenges first-hand in a few situations before you can breeze through them.

I mean, the first time I opened a chest and a badass midget jumped out and filled my face with buckshot, it was unexpected and I stood my ground attempting to trade shots in the open with the wrong weapon. This is not necessarily difficult, it was simply not something I was expecting or was prepared to handle at that time. As I played through the game, there were several of these "Oh, well now I know better" moments. This carried over to the second playthrough somewhat, as new versions of enemies and their tactics were discovered; however, as I was more familiar with the game, deaths usually came about from lack of patience after long sessions.

I'm trying to see if I should offload the Physx at medium setting to my CPU or keep it on my GPU.

i7-3770K (3.5 GHz)
GTX 570
16GB RAM
1920x1080

From the the TechSpot testing, it seems like I would be better off with letting my CPU handle the Physx.

»www.techspot.com/review/ ··· ormance/

I'm trying to match their results to my equipment.

In their test, using the following equipment:

i7-3960X Extreme Edition (3.30GHz)
GTX 680
1920x1200

At max Physx settings they achieved 60 FPS using only the GPU.

When offloading to the CPU, performance improved to 74 FPS.

Granted, there was a big gap between this CPU and mine, but it still seems that I would be better off allowing the Physx to be run by my CPU.

I guess I will give it a try and see how it goes.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

1 recommendation

Koil to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
Borderlands 2 for $20 @ GMG...not bad

»www.greenmangaming.com/s ··· ds-2-na/

Green Man Gaming has the Borderlands 2 Game (PC Download) for a low $19.20 after Code: "GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS" (Exp Soon). Tax in most. This is about $20 less than the next best price one of the lowest prices we have seen. [Compare Prices]
Please note that the free third-party service, Steam, must be used
to activate this title.

cyrus360
Getting Freaky With It
Premium Member
join:2003-02-16
Sedro Woolley, WA

cyrus360 to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
I bought BL2 off Green Man a while ago and it worked just fine. Great prices on games through them. Awesome deal for sure.