share rss forum feed

FizzyMyNizzy

join:2004-05-29
New York, NY

3 edits
reply to beldin

Re: Borderlands 2

said by beldin:

Ya, I generally use the golden keys at lower levels or when weapons get a little stale.

So, I just wiped out my boot drive and reinstalled my OS. Went from Windows XP to Windows 7. Noticed quite a difference. Going from DX9 to DX 11 is some serious change. Things look so much better. Particles are outstanding and the Physx is pretty nice. I'm on a low-end system by today's standards, but it runs well and looks really good.

My major complaint is that I can't use wireless to connect to my router with Windows 7 and play BL2. The constant pinging of the servers conflicts somehow with the wireless data rate and I'm getting choppy/laggy/hesitating video. When I disable the wireless adapter, it's as smooth as glass. This only happens with BL2. All my other games don't exhibit this behavior. So, I'm going to have to run 100' of ethernet from my office to the router. It kinda sucks, but at least I'll be able to play online once that's done.

400+ hours and still loving the game.

Did you tweak the .INI file? for the DX 11??

most people said this game is only dx9 only, and 32bit.

RockCake
Premium
join:2005-07-12
Woodbridge, VA

1 edit
reply to shinjuru
Just picked up Borderlands 2 and playing as Axton (GOTTA have my turret!) and I like the little tweaks so far. The mini map helps, and I like being able to pick up items without leaving my vehicle.
Handsome Jack is a goddam prick bastard...I found out what happened to Helena Pierce. I just want to kick his ass (not kill him, that would be to easy).....repeatedly.

A question: What are the season passes for? I saw one listed in my downloadable content but it doesn't seem to do anything.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3

1 recommendation

Season pass gets you all the DLCs.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to FizzyMyNizzy
said by FizzyMyNizzy:

said by beldin:

Ya, I generally use the golden keys at lower levels or when weapons get a little stale.

So, I just wiped out my boot drive and reinstalled my OS. Went from Windows XP to Windows 7. Noticed quite a difference. Going from DX9 to DX 11 is some serious change. Things look so much better. Particles are outstanding and the Physx is pretty nice. I'm on a low-end system by today's standards, but it runs well and looks really good.

My major complaint is that I can't use wireless to connect to my router with Windows 7 and play BL2. The constant pinging of the servers conflicts somehow with the wireless data rate and I'm getting choppy/laggy/hesitating video. When I disable the wireless adapter, it's as smooth as glass. This only happens with BL2. All my other games don't exhibit this behavior. So, I'm going to have to run 100' of ethernet from my office to the router. It kinda sucks, but at least I'll be able to play online once that's done.

400+ hours and still loving the game.

Did you tweak the .INI file? for the DX 11??

most people said this game is only dx9 only, and 32bit.

From what I read, there's no way to enable DX11 in this game. Not even through the .INI file. It just doesn't support it.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to shinjuru
Handsome Jack has got to be the greastest video game villan of all time. Seriously.

Some of his quotes are pure gold. The guy is such a witty asshole.

I've actually laughed out loud at some of the side quest commentary. The side quest in Eridium Blight with Mal the robot is funny as hell.

This game gets better and better the more you play it.

jmn1207
Premium
join:2000-07-19
Ashburn, VA
kudos:1
Agreed, it is a lot of fun. The game is more difficult than the first version, but only in the sense that you need to experience the challenges first-hand in a few situations before you can breeze through them.

I mean, the first time I opened a chest and a badass midget jumped out and filled my face with buckshot, it was unexpected and I stood my ground attempting to trade shots in the open with the wrong weapon. This is not necessarily difficult, it was simply not something I was expecting or was prepared to handle at that time. As I played through the game, there were several of these "Oh, well now I know better" moments. This carried over to the second playthrough somewhat, as new versions of enemies and their tactics were discovered; however, as I was more familiar with the game, deaths usually came about from lack of patience after long sessions.

I'm trying to see if I should offload the Physx at medium setting to my CPU or keep it on my GPU.

i7-3770K (3.5 GHz)
GTX 570
16GB RAM
1920x1080

From the the TechSpot testing, it seems like I would be better off with letting my CPU handle the Physx.

»www.techspot.com/review/577-bord···ormance/

I'm trying to match their results to my equipment.

In their test, using the following equipment:

i7-3960X Extreme Edition (3.30GHz)
GTX 680
1920x1200

At max Physx settings they achieved 60 FPS using only the GPU.

When offloading to the CPU, performance improved to 74 FPS.

Granted, there was a big gap between this CPU and mine, but it still seems that I would be better off allowing the Physx to be run by my CPU.

I guess I will give it a try and see how it goes.

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to shinjuru
Borderlands 2 for $20 @ GMG...not bad

»www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/p···ds-2-na/

Green Man Gaming has the Borderlands 2 Game (PC Download) for a low $19.20 after Code: "GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS" (Exp Soon). Tax in most. This is about $20 less than the next best price one of the lowest prices we have seen. [Compare Prices]
Please note that the free third-party service, Steam, must be used
to activate this title.
--
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.- Edward Everett Hale

My Blog - Raising Connor

cyrus360
Getting Freaky With It
Premium
join:2003-02-16
Sedro Woolley, WA
reply to shinjuru
I bought BL2 off Green Man a while ago and it worked just fine. Great prices on games through them. Awesome deal for sure.
--
»www.freakynorm.com