spc
Search similar:

uniqs
gene32
join:2004-05-03
Reynoldsburg, OH

gene32

Problem calling 1-800/1-866 numbers?

A few days ago, I needed to call AEP (my electric company) so I dialed their 1-800 number and no matter what, the call wouldn't go through. I tried leaving off the 1- and just dialed 800-etc and no go. While trying to figure this out, my wife said that she has to use her cell phone when calling toll free numbers since the house phone never works for dialing them. Anyone else experience this problem?

bryank
join:2000-03-23
Plainfield, IL

bryank

I too had this problem many months ago and I never bothered to follow up with ViaTalk about it. I think the last time I tried it worked for me but I don't call any 800 numbers to make a big deal out it.

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium Member
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY

unknvoip

Premium Member

I've called a few over the last week or two without issue.
southietech
join:2000-12-02
Boston, MA

1 edit

southietech to gene32

to gene32
yep just tried a 800 # and got busy.

update: just change server to central and reboot pap2 and its working now. Seems to be a problem with the east server.
mathfaster
join:2005-09-23
Upland, CA

mathfaster to gene32

to gene32
Had this happen twice but not recently. Just open a ticket and they will fix it.

koam
Pink Pecker
Premium Member
join:2000-08-16
East Puddle
·Shoreham Telephone

koam to gene32

Premium Member

to gene32
Same here. Symptom was i'd call, get one ring, then fast busy, then very fast busy. I tried this on more than one 800 number with same results.

I called support (866 number and it went through correctly) and they made changes, had me unplug 20 secs.

Redialing the 800 number I was trying to call (my broker)....first time I got just fast busy.

2nd time the call went through...but to the wrong bank (Chase, which is not at all affiliated with my broker).

3rd time...call went again to Chase customer service.

4th time, and subsequent times....it went to my broker correctly.

I was using REDIAL on my phone so the calls that went to Chase in error were not misdialed by me.