spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DigitalNC

join:2009-12-29
united state
reply to banditws6

Re: [Spam] SMS spam from 271-40 - Reply STOP or ignore?

You can file a complaint for HoroscopeGenie.com at this site:

»www.whoisguard.com/report-spam.asp

They registered the domain as private through Whois Guard but Whois Guard has a page to report that SMS SPAM. I just left a very stern message there, as well as one with AT & T.

I cant stand this garbage!

DigitalNC

united state
reply to banditws6
I just got confirmation that these scum bags got my account charged for $9.99 even though I never had anything to do with them. Even if I were stupid enough to reply "stop", which I would never ever ever do that, they still didnt even give enough time as the second message came through moments later "confirming" my charge.

This is BS and I even emailed abuse@namecheap, abuse@whoisguard and demanded they shut down that web site ASAP.

DigitalNC

united state
reply to Stefani
This is wrong advice. I emailed the AT*T president and requested that they stop giving this advice out.

IT PERPETUATES THE PROBLEM!!!!! But this is what the carrier wants because they get a cut of every premium charge on your phone.

This is such BS.

DigitalNC

united state
reply to Iphoneuser
DO NOT reply STOP - ever!!!!!!!!! AT&T wants you to do this because this confirms your phone number and MAYBE, just maybe, some other scumbag spammer gets a charge through on your account and you dont notice it and AT&T gets a cut!!!!!

Zach1
Premium
join:2006-11-26
NW Minnesota
reply to banditws6
Had this same issue on my VZW phone. When I called, they also confirmed there were no pending charges. Two billing cycles later, the fraudulent charge was listed under "usage charges". I called again and VZW reversed the charge. Be sure to check your bill(s)! As an aside, I did not respond with "STOP" to the indicated short code. Member DC DSL pretty much nailed it with his reasoning about blasting.

RolteC
0h

join:2001-05-20
Fresh Meadows, NY
kudos:1
reply to banditws6
Just noticed this on my other cell phone! Being credited back now, and Purchase Block has been added on all lines.