Moorecards

join:2001-10-19
Martinsburg, WV
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL

[NFL] Super Bowl XLVI Discussion

Click for full size
Super Bowl XLVI -- Feb. 5 -- Lucas Oil Stadium (Indianapolis)

N.Y. Giants at New England 6:30 p.m. NBC

Lex Luthor
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Hicksville, NY
kudos:3
Go Giants!!!

Feenix

join:2001-12-30
Jefferson City, MO
reply to Moorecards
Uhm... what to say besides:

Cruuuuuuuzzzzzzz!

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to Moorecards
That's a silly picture.

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
join:2005-01-22
Galaxy M31
kudos:2
Lol...is that the famous "helmet catch" I see there in the background?
Trying to jinx Brady already.
--
I had a life once.....now I have a Computer and a Modem.

Jay_
Formerly known as Carnage
Premium
join:2001-05-15
Pickering On
reply to Moorecards
sigh...

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:1
reply to Moorecards
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!11!!!!

2 Weeks of Hatriots!
Because you're so cute!
Aren't you?
Yes you are! Yes you are! You're so cute!
/baby-puppy talk

Pats didn't play a great game yesterday and they know it.
The "D" woke up though. Vince was huge (OK he always is).
Tom said "I sucked". He won't on Feb 5.

Coach was all smile from the end of the game until the press conference. Then Jedi Belichick came back.

AB
Premium
join:2006-04-04
Leesburg, VA
kudos:3
reply to fatness
said by fatness:

That's a silly picture.

Brady is obviously very upset with Manning about something, and Manning obviously doesn't want to hear it.

Maybe they'll get those issues worked out during the Superbowl.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
fishing
They both look like they got an enema of bees.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
fishing
reply to Moorecards
I don't see where either team should be favored by much this super bowl. The Giants won because of 2 turnovers on punts by a rookie. The Patriots won because a kicker missed a gimme field goal.

The Patriots will score more than SF did against the Giants. The 49'ers offense wasn't that good all year. The Giants will score more against the Patriots than the Ravens did -- managing only 20 points against New England's defense isn't very good.

I think it'll be a game in the 30's.
--
their dreams a tattered sail in the wind

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM

1 recommendation

reply to fatness
said by fatness:

That's a silly picture.

It begs captioning...

http://www.dslreports.com/r0/download/1721329~2cb69ff0660163e4154fa792f5db7338/sb.jpg
Spartans! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in Hell!
What?
Oh..
Well...
Ok...

Spartans! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in Indianapolis. Which is just north of Hell!"

--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
That's not a nice thing to say about Cincinnati.

Oh wait...yes it is.

Fishead1
Premium
join:2001-05-08
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Moorecards
The Giants have a better pass rush then the Ravens.The have been a lot better against the run and the pass over the last month or so because of that.I can't see the Patriots putting up a lot of points.If anything it will be like when they played each other in November.The Giants are on a mission from God.Tebow told them so.

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:1
reply to Moorecards
Click for full size
Tom Brady is The Nephew.

Retired6
Premium
join:2002-11-09
Earth
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Moorecards
said by Moorecards:

Super Bowl XLVI -- Feb. 5 -- Lucas Oil Stadium (Indianapolis)

N.Y. Giants at New England 6:30 p.m. NBC

Game starts at 3:30pm...

Another big BBQ at our place..:+)
--
I work hard. I play hard. I stay hard.

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31
reply to Moorecards
Should be a good game, and a pretty close game.
I would love nothing more than to see Belichick run off the field in shame before the game is even officially over. Abandoning his team, just like he did the last time they met the G-MEN in the SB.
But that's the intangible here, I think. It was probably the most painful and humiliating loss of his entire career. His 'perfect season' ruined. His chance to gloat even more than he already does, destroyed forever in the last minutes of a game he was sure he had in the bag.

And because that memory has haunted him and his team ever since, they will prepare for this game harder than they've EVER prepared for a game. Finally! That big chance for sweet revenge. A chance they prayed would come some day, and a chance that may never come again.
Lets go Giants!
Oh, and if Brady and Manning look like they got an enema of bees in that picture (lol), Belichick looks like he needs one.
Just looking at that pic of him above makes me want to smack the cocky little smirk off of his face. But I've already ruined enough computer monitors and TV screens looking at him before.
Lets go Giants!
--

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC
reply to capecoddah
said by capecoddah:

Coach was all smile from the end of the game until the press conference. Then Jedi Belichick came back.

IMPOSSIBLE! Coach doesn't smile, he just scowls slightly less.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to Moorecards
Win a Chevy for the Superbowl with an Android or iOS app:
»www.thecarconnection.com/news/10···time-app

Need a new ride? You could schlep to a showroom, schmooze with a salesperson, cozy up to a credit officer, and pay for it yourself, but wouldn't it be nicer to snag one from the comfort of your own living room? For free? While watching the Super Bowl? It's all possible using the Chevy Game Time app.

»itunes.apple.com/us/app/chevy-ga···s=1&mt=8
»market.android.com/details?id=co···gametime
--
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
»www.politico.com/2012-election/

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to Moorecards
Okay, I'm probably the only one, but I'm watching the Pro-Bowl.

It's pretty entertaining.

rockotman
Emerging Research
DSotM
I have to admit... I am sort of kind of watching it too.

Football - it's worse than heroine.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Yeah.

And only 1 game left to go for the season...

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31
Heheh...yeah, I've been watching some of it. Mostly channel surfing tonight though. (All these channels and nothing to watch).
But I've got to tell you, when I was watching the first quarter it was almost comical (even embarrassing), watching the lineman. They looked like they wanted to slow dance with each other rather than actually engage in battle. Even the announcers made a comment at one point that even though it was the pro bowl, it's still a football game and they need to "step it up a little". lol!

I remember in the old days hearing things like: "If you folks don't think they're playing for real, just look at that hit!".
Something just ain't the same anymore.
For one thing, I think they ruined what little excitement there ever was by playing it before the Super Bowl.
But yeah, I'm still addicted enough to football that I can't help but check in for a few plays now and then.
--

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
It was pretty funny considering what the Linemen do during the regular season. They were getting out of their stances and just walking around, sometimes towards the QB, but not really.

I'm kind of ambivalent about the Pro Bowl being played before the Super Bowl. It fills the gap between Championship games and Super Bowl, but you don't get the Super Bowl players in it.
I don't remember watching it much when it was on after the Super Bowl though.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31
I usually watched the whole game when it was after the SB. Mostly because it really was the very last game of the season, and I needed my fix.
I'd be interested to hear if the viewing audience dropped a lot since they started playing it before the SB.
Like you said. For one thing, it's supposed to be all about the best players, but you don't get to see some of them play.
I want my money back!
--

rockotman
Emerging Research
DSotM
But this is one of the more entertaining ones of late. Sort of like watching roller-derby or wrasslin'.
--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31
said by rockotman:

But this is one of the more entertaining ones of late. Sort of like watching roller-derby or wrasslin'.

LOl...yes, a lot like that.
--

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to jabarnut
I always considered the Super Bowl as the last game of the season, because it was actually the last game played like a real game. Plus it was the reason the regular season was played anyway, so the biggest game served as the best "cap" on the season.

I actually think I prefer it this way, before the Super Bowl. I wonder about the viewing audience too though.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to rockotman
They seem to be stepping up the game now too.

I do like the trick plays, fake punts, onside kicks, laterals, and general foolishness on the field.
--

rockotman
Emerging Research
DSotM
reply to Moorecards
Do the players on the winning team get a little extra vig for winning?

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31
reply to Rook008
For sure they stepped it up a lot since the 1st quarter. Guess they just can't help but be football players after all, once they start getting into it...even in a 'make believe' game.
--