Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kieranmullen
Premium
join:2005-12-12
Portland, OR

[help] Website / Business Verification Programs

verisign and the BBB run about $300 a year. Any suggestion for other programs that might be more effective?

Thank you

jtrag

join:2010-08-19
Mcsherrystown, PA
I know it's not quite the same thing but you could get a Paypal Business Account and that would give you a Paypal "Approved Vendor" and "Guaranteed" logo to put on your website which is usually sufficient for most eCommerce websites.

I hope this helps

Best Regards,

James

kieranmullen
Premium
Portland, OR
Thanks but the logo is not dynamic so anyone can put that on their website.

jtrag

Mcsherrystown, PA
said by kieranmullen:

Thanks but the logo is not dynamic so anyone can put that on their website.

Yes, anyone could put the logo on the site, but not everyone is a Verified Paypal Business Account which is proven when you click the Logo.

kieranmullen
Premium
Portland, OR
IS that the one that requires you to login to view it? I am looking for the help info page on the item of which you speak. Yeah pretty lame. I use paypal and all but it is pretty lame to have to login.
--
Make your voip number accessible to sipbroker.com and free worldwide call in numbers

jtrag

Mcsherrystown, PA
Yes, that is the one. It's a much more affordable option/alternative to the others. I'll see if I can look into it a bit more for you when I get a chance.

Best of luck in your endeavors!

Best Regards,

James

Screavics
Premium
join:2011-06-23
Pearcy, AR
reply to kieranmullen
When I had my business I put my Google Checkout, Paypal, Reseller Ratings, and Trustwave Verification logos up. Sales actually increased drastically when I used Reseller Ratings & Trustwave but you pay for it.

kieranmullen
Premium
Portland, OR
How much did you pay for those things at that time?

Screavics
Premium
join:2011-06-23
Pearcy, AR
At the time I paid $1000 but I think that was for their SSL certificate too. If I remember correctly it is much cheaper now. Also that seems inflated too cause I tried to get the EV certificate (Green bar) but couldn't because I was no incorporated. Nobody I tried would let me get a EV certificate even with my sales tax permits, DBA, income tax filings, references, anything I tried was "no". Reseller ratings was $30 / month and you got put your ratings on your page plus it said that you "tracked your reviews" on their page. Google Checkout tab was free since I accepted google checkout and reviews came with it. They also email the customer and remind them to review the company so that's nice. Paypal was free, I can't remember where I got the logo from. It was one of the older style ones that when you clicked on it did indeed verify Paypal & I did business together.

I recommend Sitelock too(www.sitelock.com), not only do they verify your business but they will check for security issues on your site for you. If you have hosting with Hostgator it's 80% off the total monthly fee. I programmed my own store from scratch to work with the suppliers I chose so this was a definite must for me. I was very strict about my customers data and wanted to protect my customers as much as I can.