--
All Your Bass Are Belong To Us.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

Re: "Shit Toronto People Say"

Don't associate all Toronto people with these hoods.
--
GO LEAFS GO!

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada
reply to b34tBoX

Shit you hear at Scarborough Town Centre?

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by LazMan:

Shit you hear at Scarborough Town Centre?

Yeah, that'd be a more appropriate title to the video...

And maybe "At Kennedy Station".
--
GO LEAFS GO!

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
reply to b34tBoX

said by b34tBoX:

Agree?

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON
kudos:1
reply to b34tBoX

Not watching the video here at work but you can find ghetto people anywhere.

In my smaller home town there are plenty of wannabe gangsters and real thugs, and also a dash of good old country racism. As far as getting mixed up in it you can avoid the former for the most part but if you've got the wrong colour skin the latter will find you, such as when my friend got his head kicked in by half a dozen plaid-shirted idiots after bar closing.

urbanriot
Premium
Canada

You should probably watch the video as the video isn't conveying "ghetto people" speak; unless by dark skinned people, you mean ghetto people and in that case you're right. By that insinuation, we're one step away from dropping n-bombs.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

said by urbanriot:

You should probably watch the video as the video isn't conveying "ghetto people" speak; unless by dark skinned people, you mean ghetto people and in that case you're right. By that insinuation, we're one step away from dropping n-bombs.

I got the impression that it was just a series of regional-specific slang that people not from the area would have no clue what it meant, but even someone from a white middle-class background like myself still knows what they mean despite the obvious humour of it all.

If I am wrong, feel free to say so.

urbanriot
Premium
Canada
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable

They're exaggerating some long standing Toronto idiosyncratic language memes, some of which have been used by people with differing skin colours and some of which are self-parodying (but eventually the parody became a standard itself) for at least a decade and a half. Many are oriented towards people of certain backgrounds, some of which these gentlemen are not a part of but many by which they could. It's an all around parody of cultural language differences.

I think people in Scarborough might get it more. I died hearing a couple of them, they got it dialed.

say what

@bell.ca
reply to b34tBoX

The only thing I was able to comprehend was the "Seeeen". It used to be common here in Montreal. Haven't heard it in a while though.

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium
join:2004-02-16
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to Gone

said by Gone:

said by urbanriot:

I got the impression that it was just a series of regional-specific slang that people not from the area would have no clue what it meant, but even someone from a white middle-class background like myself still knows what they mean despite the obvious humour of it all.

If I am wrong, feel free to say so.

yeah my take is regional specific slang which these wanna be's learned by watching satelite TV MTV and Much Music channels in the comfort of their parents sub urban basement

Riplin

join:2002-05-13
canada
reply to b34tBoX

I couldn't even watch 10 secs of that. Wasted DNA!

Horsey

@eastlink.ca
reply to b34tBoX

Now I understand why we need more prisons.

IanStewart

@bell.ca

Immigration reform not prisons is what we need.

DinoDigger

@videotron.ca
reply to b34tBoX

Click for full size
Anatomy of a Torontonian
Is it a new species?

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by DinoDigger :

Is it a new species?

ROFL. I saw one of these upstanding citizens running across the street to catch the bus once, the pants fell down and he faceplanted into the pavement...

Made my day.
--
GO LEAFS GO!

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium
join:2004-02-16
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by HiVolt:

said by DinoDigger :

Is it a new species?

ROFL. I saw one of these upstanding citizens running across the street to catch the bus once, the pants fell down and he faceplanted into the pavement...

Made my day.

was he running or limping ? »www.wikihow.com/Gangsta-Limp

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by koira:

was he running or limping ? »www.wikihow.com/Gangsta-Limp

Well, not running. More like waddling from leg to leg as you can't really stretch your legs with the pants around your knees.
--
GO LEAFS GO!

AR
Premium,ExMod 2001-04
join:2000-09-21
Toronto, ON
reply to b34tBoX

WTF is that?

steviewhy

join:2007-12-10
reply to b34tBoX

It's sad when people don't exercise their rights to an abortion. You have a choice people.

dennilfloss
Liberal And Loving It
Premium
join:2001-09-09
Ottawa, ON

2 edits
reply to b34tBoX

Reminds me of this.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa1rjCZxtxo

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOFwOXl9Agg

sikk
Yawn