Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to oh my

Premium Member

to oh my

Re: [Hockey] Official~ NHL thread...........scores and highlites

Calling the guy a douchebag because I perceive him to be an ignorant teabagger who decided to put himself ahead of the well-being of his team and turn a non-political invitation from the President of the United States to the White House for a photo op into a political farce and then have the audacity to play us all for fools and claim it wasn't political is well within my right, and I could care less what you think.

He is a spoiled, arrogant douchebag, and I am not the only one who thinks this.

Now to digress...

Love the bigot comment. I perceive that to be the same as people who claim that those who are against the war in Iraq are traitors or disloyal to their country and whatnot. But I'm sure you could care less, as I suspect someone who would claim calling someone a 'douchebag' makes them a bigot doesn't have the mental capacity to debate the finer points of why someone might be deserving of the label douchebag. I guess George Tekai calling homophobes douchebags makes him... a bigot too? In your world, I guess. Thankfully, this kind of false reality is not a world I live in.

oh my
@bell.ca

oh my

Anon

You act tough online, on these boards, yet I doubt that you would say to Tim Thomas, face-to-face, man-to-man that he's a douchebag. Some would say that you are a coward, but that is another story.

You incarnate the new kind of bullying, aka cyber-bullying. I do not believe you grasp the tone of your remarks.

Tim Thomas, whether you like it or not, expressed his opinion and declined an invitation. That's all there is to it. Isn't freedom great ?

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by oh my :

Tim Thomas, whether you like it or not, expressed his opinion and declined an invitation. That's all there is to it. Isn't freedom great ?

Yes, just like my freedom to think his actions make him a douchebag and to express my opinion as such. Why must you be a bigot and a bully to try and repress my freedom of expression?

Now, to clarify, if he had simply declined the invitation, said that he didn't believe that hockey should mix with politics and be gracious about it that would be one thing. That, right there, is something that you can respect and would have been a class act.

What makes him a douchebag - and this is key - is that on declining the invitation he goes on some long-winded teabagger tirade about government growing too big, freedoms being destroyed, blah blah blah insert Michelle Bachman and Sarah Palin talking points here blah blah and then has the audacity to say that this isn't political, when he has taken a non-political invitation of congratulations from the President and turned it into precisely what he claims it isn't. Not only does he insult his team, the league and the President by ranting like this, but he takes us all for a bunch of retards by claiming declining the invitation wasn't politically motivated.

While I have no doubt he will become a folk hero with the teabaggers and will end up on someone's stage - other than Mitt Romney's of course - during the Republican primary it is precisely this that makes him a douchebag, and why I am not the only one calling him out for being a doucebag, spoiled brat and other choice words. Go read a newspaper and read some of what has been written, but I doubt you yourself will have the balls to send those columnists an email calling them a big or a print bully, because being anonymous is just so much more cool.

alamarco
Premium Member
join:2003-06-18
Windsor, ON

alamarco

Premium Member

And you're not a bigot and bully for harping on others for having their own opinion? Hypocrisy at its best. Your posts are so ridiculous that you have to be trolling on purpose. I don't think anyone can be as illogical as you behave on these boards.

He expressed his opinion. Being a professionally athlete, he has to explain himself to the media. If he doesn't explain himself the media harps on him even more and just creates false assumptions as to why he didn't go. So he explains his absence and leaves it at that.

He's not a douchebag for having his own opinion. Whether you agree with his opinion or not, you calling him a douchebag is doing exactly what you claim "oh my" to have done. You're being a bigot and a bully thinking you're opinion is the only opinion and and that you are so high and mighty that anyone who disagrees is a douchebag and labelling everyone as teabaggers.

Just ridiculous and nonsense.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

He's not a douchebag for having the opinion he does, he's a douchebag for how he said it. Is that easier for you to understand?