spc
uniqs
91862239 (banned)
join:2011-10-15
Brownsville, TX

91862239 (banned) to Reno7

to Reno7

Re: WPA2 password advice - for my mom

hey reno dont use any security at all just use that thingy that only allows the macs you set up to be able to use the wifi and forget about security its just a waste of time anyways

but this is just my advice you dont have to do this do what you wanna do cuz to be honest i turn off the wifi at night

SoonerAl
MVM
join:2002-07-23
Norman, OK

2 recommendations

SoonerAl

MVM

said by 91862239:

hey reno dont use any security at all just use that thingy that only allows the macs you set up to be able to use the wifi and forget about security its just a waste of time anyways

but this is just my advice you dont have to do this do what you wanna do cuz to be honest i turn off the wifi at night

Surely your kidding...

bjf123
We Want... A Shrubbery
Premium Member
join:2000-02-11
Hamilton, OH

bjf123

Premium Member

said by SoonerAl:

Surely your kidding...

He's probably not, and don't call him Surely.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to 91862239

Premium Member

to 91862239
said by 91862239:

Hey Delmar, I thought South Padre Island was a name of a prison?

Seriously, other than conserving power, hate to break the bad news but most hacking is done during the day. Furthermore, mac addresses can be spoofed very easily by 12 year olds and they are not enycrypted. mac addresses = no security.
If you need a simple analogy, think of it as having a porch light on next to an unlocked door. Wow, turning off the porch light will miraculously deter crime. In other words it has no effect on the security of the door. LOCK THE EFFING DOOR PIP!!!! forget about turning the light off. LOL

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I would only use MAC security for bridges, ie just to help ensure that only the 2 bridges were talking, I wouldn't depend on it to keep people out thats what WPA2 is for